Funny Games

Freebird

****ing hell. What a horrible, horrible film. Just...ugh.

I can sit through anything; horror, gore, extreme violence, you name it. But I've never, ever felt so uncomfortable watching a film.

It compels you to watch it but at the same time every fibre of your being urges you to turn it off.

But is it any good?

There's no way I could turn round and say it was a "good" film. But at the same time, it wasn't a bad film. If that makes any sense at all.

I assume you are talking about the original and not the *****ty remake from last year.

I am yeah but isn't the remake pretty much a shot for shot copy? It's by the same director and got a better cast so I don't see how it could be classed as a ****ty remake.

Say What Again
I am yeah but isn't the remake pretty much a shot for shot copy? It's by the same director and got a better cast so I don't see how it could be classed as a ****ty remake.

There was a discussion on IMDb about that a few months back (at least that's when I read it).

I haven't seen the US version but apparently, it's a 'take-for-take' remake from the same director. Only the actors are different so it does seem strange it can all of a sudden become '****ty'.

Archived