For the next 4 months

CJGJ

we have Mole, Nade, Tullberg, Glen and Makela (yes I know;)) as our forwards.

We need to hope that Tullberg comes good as a target man and that either Mole, Nade or Glen combine with him -- personally I hope Glen gets over his growing pains and gets his chance soon but it is too much to expect a full season from him.

Mole and Nade have both improved in their own ways from last season but the time for excuses is over -- Nade cannot use lack of fitness after the international break as an excuse and Mole is now playing regularly so match fitness is not an issue (in his case though I'd like to see him with another out and out forward).

Time for Tullberg to start making his presence felt after the 2 week break though again he may need time to adjust and get match fit.

Let's hope they step up to the plate and start to deliver -- Csaba needs to make decision on our team shape also to give those forwards the best chance to score goals -- we can go 4-4-2 or as recently 4-5-1 but if we go for the latter then I fear it will be slim pickings for the forward chosen.

The 4-5-1 demands goals from our midfield and so far (and from past history) not one of them seems to have that knack of a Cameron or Hartley.

Csaba has been brave enough to try Eggert at right back, and time will tell if this is a good move or not - so I reckon he should now try moving Miko up top as I reckon he could do a great job up there feeding off a big man alongside him.

He could certainly rake in a few goals, as he has a cracking shot and is obviously very pacy.

Come on Csaba, move Miko up front - you know you want to!!!

:)

Professor.Arturo
Csaba has been brave enough to try Eggert at right back, and time will tell if this is a good move or not - so I reckon he should now try moving Miko up top as I reckon he could do a great job up there feeding off a big man alongside him.

He could certainly rake in a few goals, as he has a cracking shot and is obviously very pacy.

Agreed!!!

MIKO! MIKO! MIKO!

Nade and Tullberg should be able to crack a few skulls between them. Lets go for brute force and get Miko and Stewart in picking up the scraps!

I reckon he'd play the position better than Audrey any way

Have said this for a while. I think Miko would be better suited just off the main striker. Not as good as bringing in a ready made option, but if we are trying players in different positions that call is a good one IMO

ELIBURN JAMBO(THE ORIGINA
Agreed!!!

MIKO! MIKO! MIKO!

Miko gives the Hamilton fans a few pelters and suddenly he's the fans favourite:eek: Christ almighty we must be the most easily led fans in Scotland.He's pi*s end of:mad:

Agreed 100%

Miko gives the Hamilton fans a few pelters and suddenly he's the fans favourite:eek: Christ almighty we must be the most easily led fans in Scotland.He's pi*s end of:mad:

Jambof3tornado

No hero,just perhaps worth a shot up front given that Csaba appears to like players to do more than just play in one role.

My pet hate is when a poster says 'end of'. Why should they decide when the thread ends?

Usually the folk who say it are talking pi$h and that is why they want to ends it - and this is the case here too.

ELIBURN JAMBO(THE ORIGINA
My pet hate is when a poster says 'end of'. Why should they decide when the thread ends?

Usually the folk who say it are talking pi$h and that is why they want to ends it - and this is the case here too.

Miko lover:) mmm nice

I don't think our strikeforce is that bad.Obviously not seen Tullberg yet but the rest can and hopefully will all contribute.

Guest S.U.S.S.
I don't think our strikeforce is that bad.Obviously not seen Tullberg yet but the rest can and hopefully will all contribute.

The only thing Nade will contribute to is the profits of McDonalds and KFC.

Miko or Glen ? -- think I'll take Glen -- genuine forward with, it seems, the knack of scoring and also that in built ability to find space and lose a defender.

Nothing against Miko but if we are about winning matches and playing your best side then he does not get in to the first 11 and in reality if he left would we be any worse off ? -- simply a squad player in my opinion.

Agree 110%

Headless chicken with baggage, amazes me how he scores a goal and white suddenly becomes black.

:(

You get some utter tripe posted on this forum but you've outdone yourself there. He's not a consistent performer but on occasions Miko has shown himself to be a very capable footballer. If his talent can be harnessed week in week out he could be a VERY good player for us. To say "He's pi*s end of" is absolute garbage and frankly wrong. Some of the kickback sheep/haters have backed you up with your nonsensical statement though. ;) Well done.

I agree. It's up there with "FACT".

I think Miko has something to contribute.

Colonel Kurtz

Hearts will play 4 2 3 1 ,the forward 3 behind the main striker will interchange all during the game.

It is a difficult formation to master

Give Branimir Kostadinov a shot i say. he's skinny as hell but so was ratboy when he was banging in the goals for the hibs.

There will be huge pressure on the midfield to chip in with goals as IMO we are very short of a natural goalscorer.

Posters might point out Glen, and he may be one (have not seen enough to judge) - but its a hell of a pressure to put on the kid.

Tullberg may do a job, but his record suggests that he is not going to be prolific.

Guest jambomickey
Give Branimir Kostadinov a shot i say. he's skinny as hell but so was ratboy when he was banging in the goals for the hibs.

have you watched much of him mate? he's not what he's made out to be in my opinion

Yes, lets play a player who struggles to get a game for the reserves.

:rolleyes:

Yes, lets play a player who struggles to get a game for the reserves.

:rolleyes:

He bangs in goals for fun. What do you know? your still using black n white.

It's better than when they say 'end off', which is just plain retarded.

Charlie-Brown

Glen, Templeton & R.Wallace should be given some chances at least from the bench in my opinion as they looked reasonable prospects in pre-season games and didn't look fazed by the prospect.....other young strikers are also decent prospects although some are still very young and at various stages of development.

Guest gorgie kev
He bangs in goals for fun. What do you know? your still using black n white.

If a Hearts player was banging goals in for fun Vlad would've flogged him in the transfer window :rolleyes:

Do you know where hell is
You get some utter tripe posted on this forum but you've outdone yourself there. He's not a consistent performer but on occasions Miko has shown himself to be a very capable footballer. If his talent can be harnessed week in week out he could be a VERY good player for us. To say "He's pi*s end of" is absolute garbage and frankly wrong. Some of the kickback sheep/haters have backed you up with your nonsensical statement though. ;) Well done.

Iam sorry to invole myself, but that post has to be one of the most hilarious i have ever read. To say he is not a consistant performer, but does on OCCASION become a capable player!!!:eek: Take the biscuit.

How do we harness his talent? he has had more chances in the last few years than most. A few good goals and a couple of moments we can use to noise up opposition fans, doesnt make him a hero.

Your entitled to your opinion, but its clear your love of miko has blinded your judgement. To say comments like those an expect to be taken serious really does require a lot.

Glen, Templeton & R.Wallace should be given some chances at least from the bench in my opinion as they looked reasonable prospects in pre-season games and didn't look fazed by the prospect.....other young strikers are also decent prospects although some are still very young and at various stages of development.

the boy wallace had a wicked shot on him when i saw him pre season (if it is the him im thinking of)

gota get glen blooded in to the team first before we bring in any more of the youths,...no need to panic i think there is goals in this side if the all play to their potential

Charlie-Brown
the boy wallace had a wicked shot on him when i saw him pre season (if it is the him im thinking of)

gota get glen blooded in to the team first before we bring in any more of the youths,...no need to panic i think there is goals in this side if the all play to their potential

There are 7 subs allowed in the SPL and I think we should give the youths a couple of places each week to try to give them some chances if circumstances permit. :)

I have to say that I really like Miko. He is one of the few players at the club at this time who isn't afraid to get the ball and have a go. Yes he quite often screws up, but he doesn't let this get him down. He just gets the ball and tries again. He is always looking for the ball and I respect this in a player, and as has been said earlier with the right coaching and encouragement he could become a key player for seasons to come, whether as a winger or as a player playing just behind the main striker.

Hearts will play 4 2 3 1 ,the forward 3 behind the main striker will interchange all during the game.

It is a difficult formation to master

I was discussing this yesterday on here

Ignoring the fact that whatever way you look at that formation it isnt Csaba's preferred 4-4-2, european or otherwise, there is a chance that when the players get used to it it could work for us.

We are reliant upon Tullberg being the real deal, and the scary thing is even Csaba cant know whether he is or isnt.

But Obua (if he adjusts to the game here), Driver, and Kingston could definitely pull such a formation off IMO. In addition players like Miko, Chesney, Husband, Templeton, Glen even Branny and Copil I could see playing in such a system.

Once the players get used to the system it practically becomes a 4-2-4 when we've got the ball

But you are right, it will take time, patience and perseverence to pull off.

I think it reflects the system PLG was trying to do at Rangers, and IMO at the time Rangers were actually starting to look like an entertaining team. The system just hadnt full bedded in and King Barry was resisting the change in style because it didnt make him look as good....

Archived