Keegan to go (NHC)

joe.gausden

Rumours rife that Kevin Keegan will be sacked later today. Is this the start of NUFC on the downward spiral or has he been found out.

Thoughts.

Captain Scarlett
Rumours rife that Kevin Keegan will be sacked later today. Is this the start of NUFC on the downward spiral or has he been found out.

Thoughts.

where did u hear or see this?

newsnow.co.uk. He supposedly had a meeting with the board yesterday afternoon and a few heated words were exchanged.

It was on breakfast telly this morning either BBC or Setanta Sports they disagree over the scouse jailbird apparently Keegan thinks they should stand by him the Chairman does n't - only one winner.

tommythejambo

4 points from a very hard start to the season.

No good reason to sack him as this is the best Newcastle have looked in ages.

It was on breakfast telly this morning either BBC or Setanta Sports they disagree over the scouse jailbird apparently Keegan thinks they should stand by him the Chairman does n't - only one winner.

don't see the point in not standing by him as he cost them a fair few quid. Has Ashley got that much cash that he can afford to throw away a talent like him.

Captain Scarlett
newsnow.co.uk. He supposedly had a meeting with the board yesterday afternoon and a few heated words were exchanged.

Possibly true but i can't see Keegan getting sacked, If he was to go i think he would leave. I wouldn't understand if he was sacked. They are doing not too bad. Good point against man utd, beat bolton, beat coventry and then thrashed by Arsenal. Thats not too bad considering. I hope for the sake of the game he doesn't leave or get pushed.

Goldstone Wonder

now being reported on bbc sport tickertape that he is having another meeting with the board amid speculation about his position.

Newcastle make our club appear a model of stability.

Thoughts.

What do you mean the start? They have been pish for years!

Possibly true but i can't see Keegan getting sacked, If he was to go i think he would leave. I wouldn't understand if he was sacked. They are doing not too bad. Good point against man utd, beat bolton, beat coventry and then thrashed by Arsenal. Thats not too bad considering. I hope for the sake of the game he doesn't leave or get pushed.

Keegan was never happy with having Dennis Wise as a Director of Football. Then there is the bone of contention that is the Scally Thug. This isn't Keegans Newcastle team, it's what has been imposed on him.

Kevin Keegan is rumoured to have resigned from his Newcastle job after showdown talks with the club's directors on Monday.

Markets on the first Premier League boss to leave his post this season have been withdrawn by many bookies after Keegan's odds tumbled.

Keegan is reported - by the Daily Mail - to have been 'called into a 2pm meeting yesterday which club insiders described as 'very important but not related to transfer business' and it is believed a heated discussion took place, with managing director Derek Llambias making it clear they were not happy'.

Newcastle signed two players on transfer deadline day but Keegan was not thought to have been involved in signing either Xisco or Nacho Gonzalez, while the club were trying to offload Joey Barton without his consent.

They had already sold James Milner to Aston Villa despite Keegan claiming that he was not for sale.

Keegan has a history of walking away from jobs - famously deciding in the bath that he would quit England - and there are strong rumours that Keegan has walked away from Newcastle again.

Skybet are already running a book on who will be Newcastle's next manager - with Dennis Wise the clear favourite.

Drylaw Hearts
Kevin Keegan is rumoured to have resigned from his Newcastle job after showdown talks with the club's directors on Monday.

Markets on the first Premier League boss to leave his post this season have been withdrawn by many bookies after Keegan's odds tumbled.

Keegan is reported - by the Daily Mail - to have been 'called into a 2pm meeting yesterday which club insiders described as 'very important but not related to transfer business' and it is believed a heated discussion took place, with managing director Derek Llambias making it clear they were not happy'.

Newcastle signed two players on transfer deadline day but Keegan was not thought to have been involved in signing either Xisco or Nacho Gonzalez, while the club were trying to offload Joey Barton without his consent.

They had already sold James Milner to Aston Villa despite Keegan claiming that he was not for sale.

Keegan has a history of walking away from jobs - famously deciding in the bath that he would quit England - and there are strong rumours that Keegan has walked away from Newcastle again.

Skybet are already running a book on who will be Newcastle's next manager - with Dennis Wise the clear favourite.

Dennis Wise was brought without his consent and tbh it was never going to last.

Captain Scarlett
Dennis Wise was brought without his consent and tbh it was never going to last.

THIS IS ALL MOUNTING UP TO WHAT I SAID. HE WILL WALK BEFORE BEING PUSHED. ITS A SHAME BECAUSE HE NEEDED TIME. NUFC ARE NOW THE HEARTS OF ENGLAND. HAHAHAHAHA

Bet the Geordies are happy about that!!! Serves them right for all the gash them came out with when King Kev returned, it was like listening to the Hobos prattle on, with their "football the way it's meant to be played" cr*p.

He's as good as gone, if he's not away already. The writing was on the wall whenever Wise rocked up at St James Park, which begs the question why they pursued Keegan at all?

It's a shame, I have fond memories of him from his first spell in charge at Newcastle but really, I think times have changed and he's now a bit out of his depth.

Additionally he's maybe a bit too much of a primadona for management, he nearly walked in the early days during his first spell at NUFC and who can forget his time as England boss!

Captain Scarlett
He's as good as gone, if he's not away already. The writing was on the wall whenever Wise rocked up at St James Park, which begs the question why they pursued Keegan at all?

It's a shame, I have fond memories of him from his first spell in charge at Newcastle but really, I think times have changed and he's now a bit out of his depth.

Additionally he's maybe a bit too much of a primadona for management, he nearly walked in the early days during his first spell at NUFC and who can forget his time as England boss!

HE IS GONE. JUST HAD A CALL FROM MY FRIEND WHO PLAYS IN THE NUFC YOUTH TEAM. HE HAS GONE!!!! OFFICIAL

marshallschunkychicken

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

As a Newcastle fan, it's intensely frustrating. What a joke.

Dennis Wise, come on down?

By the end of the wek he'll be manager I reckon.

And what a disgrace that will be. Newcastle fans deserve so much better. The owner is a terrible figurehead for a club as big as Newcastle though he would fit in perfectly down the Bigg Market. Another embarassing episode for such a great club.

HE IS GONE. JUST HAD A CALL FROM MY FRIEND WHO PLAYS IN THE NUFC YOUTH TEAM. HE HAS GONE!!!! OFFICIAL

I received a call an hour ago from a source who tipped Keegan to get the job and backed him at 16-1.

He said that KK had left the builiding and tried to put a bet on him winning the sack race but bookies had already suspended betting. Wise is the man.

Archived