Pat Nevin

Goodfella

On BBC highlights last night Nevin was really positive about Hearts' chances this season. Stated that we're should be third or even mounting an Old firm push by January, good positive statement from the man.:)

Jam Tarts 1874
On BBC highlights last night Nevin was really positive about Hearts' chances this season. Stated that we're should be third or even mounting an Old firm push by January, good positive statement from the man.:)

One of the few pundits who gives a balanced view on Scottish football, probably due to his not being tainted by either of the ugly sisters and the fact that he spent most of his career in Engerland.

loveofthegame

Despite being a Hobo i actually like Nevin. Comes across as well educated and knows what he's talking about, much like Stuart Lovell. Always gives an honest assessment, doesn't seem to have any agenda's. Certainly better than most of the other dross commenting on Scottish Football.

Also a special mention for how ****ed off he got at us banging on the window at the CIS semi v Rangers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RNUL1RO38w

Never gets old!

I was just about to post something similar.

He is not always right but there is never any malice in what he says.

Refreshing to hear someone speak about Hearts without the joke and chuckle at the end.

:)

Despite being a Hobo i actually like Nevin. Comes across as well educated and knows what he's talking about, much like Stuart Lovell. Always gives an honest assessment, doesn't seem to have any agenda's. Certainly better than most of the other dross commenting on Scottish Football.

Also a special mention for how ****ed off he got at us banging on the window at the CIS semi v Rangers!

Never gets old!

Haha that vids class, when he puts the thumbs up to the camera, he looks ****ed off...On a sidenote how good did Christian Nade look that day against Rangers?:eek:

Francis Albert

Always remember how genuinely and righteously angry he got at the ref's performance away to AEK in the Champions League - the sort ofd emotional involvement that most Scottish pundits reserve for the OF.

Never gets old!

You're a brave man, admitting to being a "Hobo".:)

loveofthegame
You're a brave man, admitting to being a "Hobo".:)

hahaha NEVER EVER SAY THAT AGAIN!

however having re-read my post i see i should have worded it differently!

My bad. Re-read the 1st line as 'Despite the fact Nevin is a Hobo i actually quite like him' !!!!

he also stated the hobos will be some team with ratboy in it. he is a hobo loving b

Just ten players to find to have him play with :)

One of the few pundits who gives a balanced view on Scottish football, probably due to his not being tainted by either of the ugly sisters

Richard Gordon used to be like this as well and had my respect for his balanced views including registering on here and mixing with us ordinary punters.

But after Mikogate and having spent so much time alongside furry front bottoms like Chick Young and Murdo McLeod he just as bad as the rest of them.

Commander Harris

I've met Stuart Lovell a couple of times and he's a very pleasant chap. agree that he always seems to be very fair with us.

Chad Sexington
Richard Gordon used to be like this as well and had my respect for his balanced views including registering on here and mixing with us ordinary punters.

But after Mikogate and having spent so much time alongside furry front bottoms like Chick Young and Murdo McLeod he just as bad as the rest of them.

Gordon took the old firm shilling.

He's as bad as Dung and McLeod now.

Never fails to get his wee sneery dig in when Hearts are mentioned.

Sheep worrying walloper.

Always remember how genuinely and righteously angry he got at the ref's performance away to AEK in the Champions League - the sort ofd emotional involvement that most Scottish pundits reserve for the OF.

He was also pretty vocal about Mikogate and the 'special treatment' we were getting from the refereeing fraternity last year - I think he's one of the good guys.

Always like listening to what Nevin has to say, whether i agree or not at least i know it's his opinion and not some cynical ploy to get favour with the ugly sisters, Lovell is the same and JC and if i'm being honest can't think of anyone else in the Scottish media with even a hint of integrity about themselves!

No mention of Miller's dive for the sheep.Balanced my arse.The comment about Driver not going down was more of a dig at Hearts than a compliment to driver IMO.

No mention of Miller's dive for the sheep.Balanced my arse.The comment about Driver not going down was more of a dig at Hearts than a compliment to driver IMO.

Well said.If that had been any other team with the exact same lead up to the goal there would have been no mention of staying on his feet.

Gimme an H...
Gordon took the old firm shilling.

He's as bad as Dung and McLeod now.

Never fails to get his wee sneery dig in when Hearts are mentioned.

Sheep worrying walloper.

Absolutely superb Chad.

:D

they did talk about it did they not? or was it just during the commentary? whoever it was sed he'd maybe slipped as opposed to diving.

I think you'd have to be ridiculously paranoid to think that Nevin was having a go at us last night.

Gimme an H...
they did talk about it did they not? or was it just during the commentary? whoever it was sed he'd maybe slipped as opposed to diving.

I think you'd have to be ridiculously paranoid to think that Nevin was having a go at us last night.

Nah Nevin's a wee dick.

Welcome to Jambos Kickback.

Aye they did mention the Miller dive but there lies:rolleyes:the problem.Maybe he slipped as opposed to diving.Benefit of the doubt.We don't get "benefit of the doubt",think Miko at Ibrox.Call it paranoid if you wish but it was a dig and he knows it.

Aye they did mention the Miller dive but there lies:rolleyes:the problem.Maybe he slipped as opposed to diving.Benefit of the doubt.We don't get "benefit of the doubt",think Miko at Ibrox.Call it paranoid if you wish but it was a dig and he knows it.

so Pat Nevin is now no longer allowed to give compliments?

so Pat Nevin is now no longer allowed to give compliments?

I never said that.It was the way he said it.As I say,call it paranoid if you want but I think if it was,say for example,Falkirk/ICT and he was commenting on a goal he wouldn't say,as an afterthought, " oh,and well done the Inverness lad for staying on his feet,that's good to see".

Anyway i've said my bit,need to go in case they're talking about me in the next room.:P

Archived