Broadband

Tams bird

I am looking for a new broadband provider. Been with AOl and basically the are p***. Cant on any more sent me new router etc but nowt. Spoke to Bombay that often I am developing an accent. Down need big downloads or anything. for music etc. (dont know how) :o

Thinking about o2 .Anyone use it ?

Clark Griswold

Had o2 broadband for about 6 months now and i've not had 1 problem with it at all!

I get up to 16mb broadband for ?10 per month which aint bad at all. I get this price because I am an o2 mobile phone contract customer.

I use the connection mainly for my xbox which works very well.

Hope this helps.

I am hoping to change server but Im worried I will be left wothout internet for weeks in between times. that happened before and I cant risk having no internet on my PC as I really need it for work (and JKB!).

Does anyone know how quickly it can be done and by a company that do sort it quickly?

Im pretty sure if you get a MAC code from your current provider you can transfer to another provider without losing connection as it is all done through BT exchanges.

Clark Griswold
I am hoping to change server but Im worried I will be left wothout internet for weeks in between times. that happened before and I cant risk having no internet on my PC as I really need it for work (and JKB!).

Does anyone know how quickly it can be done and by a company that do sort it quickly?

Well i was with tiscali before that. O2 are pretty good because within a few hours of the tiscali connection to go down, O2 broadband was up and running. They even text you when you can go and install the wireless O2 router etc.

Clark Griswold
Im pretty sure if you get a MAC code from your current provider you can transfer to another provider without losing connection as it is all done through BT exchanges.

Correc, altho you do have to wait for an hour or so..

Thanks will have a look around. I already have a wireless router will that makes things easier or harder?

Thanks will have a look around. I already have a wireless router will that makes things easier or harder?

Your new provider will give you a new router preconfigured with their settings. Highly recommend O2 if you use O2 mobile if not use Bethere(owned by O2) upto 8meg costs ?8 a month.

Thanks just checked the site and its costing same as I pay just now because lines are not on the 02 network :sad:

How much is O2 Home Broadband access?

O2 Home Broadband access is priced at ?22.50 per month. O2 Pay Monthly and Pay & Go mobile customers pay ?17.50 per month, saving ?5 per month.

Will have a look around for other deals, thats the joy of living in the sticks.

Think I will look in to o2 then. Already got my mac code on one of my rants on the phone :o

Im a contract customer so will be a bit cheaper...

Disser Pointon

If you've got SKY TV I cant fault their free Broadband, had no problems with it whatsoever. Beyong me why people would pay for Broadband when there are a few free offers out there now.

Think I will look in to o2 then. Already got my mac code on one of my rants on the phone :o

Im a contract customer so will be a bit cheaper...

I moved from Tiscali to o2 and I couldn't recommend o2 enough. Very efficient, keep you informed via text, smooth handover of service providers and UK only call centres.

If you've got SKY TV I cant fault their free Broadband, had no problems with it whatsoever. Beyong me why people would pay for Broadband when there are a few free offers out there now.

I got sky tv installed for that very reason more than a year ago as they promised their broadband would be in our area within a month and guess what still waiting. :sad:

Archived