window closed (multi-merged)

JamboMarc

Ok, dissapointing end for us in the transfer market today with no new signings. However, we have had a good start to the season and were sitting 3rd in the league. We still have a few players in Tullberg, Mroweic, Balogh and a fully fit Nade to come!! Before we know it it will be January and we will be looking to bring in 1 or 2 new faces. Hopefully we are still up in the top 3 and european football is a strong possibility, inviting new, good players. At the same time we will need to fight to keep hold of players such as Berra and Driver. But Im still fairly confident we are the 3rd best team in the SPL and Im looking forward to a successfull season!!

anybody else disappointed we never got aybody else?

Me. Been lots of moves we could have made for players. Plus I could've been in bed an hour ago!

Nelly Terraces

No. People have grow up and be patient. Just thank **** we never signed the subhuman rat.

Gorgie Always - FTH.

well its now Midnight and nowt has changed !!!!Time for bed me thinks :rolleyes::sad::sad::sad:

Admit it, you've been waiting just so you can post that :P

I doubt Vlad has a penny to his name so no I'm not surprised ,. I'm glad we didn't sign Rearend (disaster waiting to happen) We are however crying out for a 20 a season goalscorer and we have been let down again!

Dr Ian Malcolm
THANKS FOR NOTHING YET AGAIN VLAD

:hobofish:

That desperate to see someone sign on? Have patience, Giro day soon.

:107years:

Guest iplseczed

So, to sum up - we've signed five new players. Two of whom are goalkeepers, which has effectively secured the final nail in young Jamie MacDonald's Hearts career coffin (was hoping he'd get his chance this season). Another of whom is an injured striker who, if we're honest, we know bugger all about and could be absolutely guff, given that he's yet to prove himself (that said, he could be amazing but given our track record of Romanov-influenced purchases I'm not holding out much hope).

Can't help but feel a little disappointed.

Stayed up until 1.00am in Spain and again like the last january window gutted that we did not sign a goalscorer, it was a great chance to close out the rest of the bunch apart from the OF but we will just have to get on with things. Just thinking if we were keen on riordan why did we not have a plan B in place or is Csaba happy with his lot.

Grumpy.

u never know sumthin may ave happened that hasnt come out yet. it has happened b4

No speako texto! ;)

What a huge disappointment.

We were crying out for a striker.

Oh well there's always January.

:rolleyes:

Not so much dissappointed about Riordan (obviously he didnt have the bottle to come to us) as astonished that we havent signed a striker.

Big mistake in my opinion, because what we have up front patently isnt good enough and January is too feckin late to fix it.

Lot of pressure on this boy Tullberg now.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

personally, I'm relieved that Kingston is still with us!!!

(... hope I don't get up in the morning to find out that he has gone :eek:)

00.23 Newcastle United have confirmed the double signing of striker Xisco and midfielder Ignacio Gonzalez. Xisco has signed a five-year deal, while Gonzalez has joined on loan from Valencia.

kennygarland1
00.23 Newcastle United have confirmed the double signing of striker Xisco and midfielder Ignacio Gonzalez. Xisco has signed a five-year deal, while Gonzalez has joined on loan from Valencia.

So ****ing what?who did we sign?

Odd from Hearts, yet again.

Seems (from the outside looking in) that it was Riordan or nobody. We MUST have suspected that he would favour a return to his previous team (a team he loves) ahead of us. We SURELY would have made in-roads into looking at another option, a contingency plan, just in case he went to Easter Road.

IF we really tried to sign him, then it is further oddness from VR IMO.

Odd from Hearts, yet again.

Seems (from the outside looking in) that it was Riordan or nobody. We MUST have suspected that he would favour a return to his previous team (a team he loves) ahead of us. We SURELY would have made in-roads into looking at another option, a contingency plan, just in case he went to Easter Road.

IF we really tried to sign him, then it is further oddness from VR IMO.

i dont think we were ever in for him!! at then end of the day he would rather rot at celtic than come and sign for us. it was hibs or no-one imo

Seymour M Hersh

Why is everyone bleating about no buying on the last day of the window. Yes I know a guaranteed 20+ goal a season striker would have been great but we have brought in new blood and most importantly a manager who, on the face of it, appears very capable.

The transfer window sux. Fact.

Nade wasn't announced till 11am the day after the deadline. there yous all go , clutch at them straws!

No he wasn't. I recall the BBC had him signed a good few hours before that deadline. He was seen coming out of Greggs before they closed.

Hans von Luck
Why is everyone bleating about no buying on the last day of the window. Yes I know a guaranteed 20+ goal a season striker would have been great but we have brought in new blood and most importantly a manager who, on the face of it, appears very capable.

Well said Seymour too much hysteria on this about HAVING to sign someone, in fact anyone even if he is pesh.

winston churchill
What a huge disappointment.

We were crying out for a striker.

Oh well there's always January.

:rolleyes:

DH

i think he is looking at playing the great dane & the new slimfast nade.

Guest JamboRobbo
Why is everyone bleating about no buying on the last day of the window. Yes I know a guaranteed 20+ goal a season striker would have been great

Think you've answered you're own question Seymour.

I'm dissapointed we haven't brought in the striker we so desperately need. We're not gambling on Mole/Glen coming stepping up to the challenge (Glen looks like the one with the talent to me), or Nade finding form/fitness, or Tullberg being the real deal.

All four of those options are gambles IMO. With a bit of luck one of them will come good, but I'd rather we'd signed a proven striker, someone we know ill get goals, and allow Mole,Glen, Nade and Tullberg to compete for the other striker spot.

At the same time, if we genuinely couldn't get someone, I'd rather we wait till January than buy someone just for the sake of it. But I'm dissapointed that we weren't better organised so that we were in a position to get in the players our squad needs before the window closed. It's not like it was a surprise that we are looking for a striker - we sold our last half decent one 8 months ago!

Your last statement is the key bit. I agree with that wholeheartedly, had there been no such thing, bringing Laszlo at such a late date would not have been a huge issue. Sadly, we dragged our heels, approached a couple of other managers then settled for Laszlo. He IS the key signing of the last window, pity we didn't give him time to build a team.

Drylaw Hearts
DH

i think he is looking at playing the great dane & the new slimfast nade.

2 strikers who have poor career goalscoring stats.

Wouldn't it have nice to sign a player capable of scoring 15+ goals a Season.

Seymour M Hersh
Think you've answered you're own question Seymour.

I'm dissapointed we haven't brought in the striker we so desperately need. We're not gambling on Mole/Glen coming stepping up to the challenge (Glen looks like the one with the talent to me), or Nade finding form/fitness, or Tullberg being the real deal.

All four of those options are gambles IMO. With a bit of luck one of them will come good, but I'd rather we'd signed a proven striker, someone we know ill get goals, and allow Mole,Glen, Nade and Tullberg to compete for the other striker spot.

At the same time, if we genuinely couldn't get someone, I'd rather we wait till January than buy someone just for the sake of it. But I'm dissapointed that we weren't better organised so that we were in a position to get in the players our squad needs before the window closed. It's not like it was a surprise that we are looking for a striker - we sold our last half decent one 8 months ago!

I agree with what your saying but I wouldn't want someone brought in on the last day as some kind of panic buy to assuage fan worries. As for selling Valicka I think Vlad got well and truly burned on that. I don't think he had an inkling that the Viking manager was an ex hun!! I am hoping that Tullberg turns out to be a great acquisition. I am not expecting him to be the 20 plus goal scorer but the big provider of goals for others.

Would you prefer 1 striker getting 20-22 goals per year or 3 strikers getting 12 -15 each?

It's not like it was a surprise that we are looking for a striker - we sold our last half decent one 8 months ago!

Proof of itself that league position is not the main aspiration of Romanov - except in so far as avoiding relegation is concerned

Vlad has worked out that where we finish in the league doesnt really affect the value of his assets.

He has also worked out that if we sign talented players or players with a certain pedigree, there is a chance to make money on them if their form suffers, or if they dont play with us (Bednar / Jose).

I think he has worked out it costs a disproportionate amount of money to challenge higher up the league and that he can still pull in transfer fees if we finish bottom six, and that to "guarantee" 3rd by investing in the team might actually cost him more money than he would get in return.

So why bother?

Hearts are being run as a business. Turning over players at their perceived maximum value no matter the impact on league placings.

All Vlad needs to do this is keep the club ticking over

Drylaw Hearts
I agree with what your saying but I wouldn't want someone brought in on the last day as some kind of panic buy to assuage fan worries. As for selling Valicka I think Vlad got well and truly burned on that. I don't think he had an inkling that the Viking manager was an ex hun !! I am hoping that Tullberg turns out to be a great acquisition. I am not expecting him to be the 20 plus goal scorer but the big provider of goals for others.

Would you prefer 1 striker getting 20-22 goals per year or 3 strikers getting 12 -15 each?

Oh please.

He would have known Egil Ostenstaad played for Rangers and let's be honest even if he didn't - would it have stopped him ?

Not a chance.

Velicka is the only Lith from FBK Kaunas in over 3 years VR has managed to sell. There is no way he was knocking back that money.

That is the whole purpose of his pyramid.

Drylaw Hearts

But we've got neither of these options.

We brought in 4 or 5 new faces though,2 of which havent played yet,surely that's something?

The figs you quoted are somewhat clouded by the fact that 2 were goalies.

But yes we need to see the other new guys - well principally Tullberg play

It is essential Tullberg is the answer, if he isnt we'll struggle

It has been claimed a couple of times that Vlad is only interested in the resale value of players and that our league position doesn't matter to him.

I don't buy it !

We know that he loves the game and is a football supporter. When he first came he brought in a lot of well paid players and during THAT memorable transfer window he blew the budget on a whole string of imports.

Since then things have changed, notably the credit crunch. I would not at all be surprised if Ukio is under sever pressure to reduce potentially bad debts from its own regulator. Hearts have sold players and realised a lot of cash (?13m or so ?) and I'm convinced they were under orders from the bank.

When banking pressure eventually eases we may get back to the financial position that Vlad wants but, until then, it will be loan deals and youngsters.

Archived