Will Mixu have what it takes?

i8hibsh

The Hobos capture of Rhat Bhoy is making me nervous. He will add something.

However

Managing this little rhodent is a full time job in itself, you have to ask yourself, will the fat Finn have what it takes.

I say NO

I also think Hibs breaking their wage structue on the little rhat will unsettle the dressing room :)

fingers-crossed_sxc-776014.jpg

Drylaw Hearts

Why does everyone seem to think signing DR will unsettle the Hibs dressing room ?

Players of lesser ability know full well they will get less money than players better than them.

When Craig Gordon signed a new deal did the Hearts squad all start banging on RR's door ?

Why does everyone seem to think signing DR will unsettle the Hibs dressing room ?

Players of lesser ability know full well they will get less money than players better than them.

When Craig Gordon signed a new deal did the Hearts squad all start banging on RR's door ?

come on mate is it just a coincidence that trouble follows this wee Jackey wherever he goes.

Strachan couldn't handle him and he is a good manager

Drylaw Hearts
come on mate is it just a coincidence that trouble follows this wee Jackey wherever he goes.

Strachan couldn't handle him and he is a good manager

I'm not questioning any of the above.

But I am questioning the view that a player revolt will now follow because DR is now their highest paid player.

I'm not questioning any of the above.

But I am questioning the view that a player revolt will now follow because DR is now their highest paid player.

possibly not but I cross my fingers all the same

Thing is he wont be able to go out in the boozers and break curfews etc as he is banned from all the edinburgh ones.

Unless he goes outside

Difference is most of the Hearts players were paid at least what they wanted (or maybe even more when Pedro sorted the deal:rolleyes:). Hibs players have been told there is a wage cap, and as a result, a few of their "top" players are on wages lower than they wanted. Riordan breaking the cap probably won't sit well with a squad who are already pretty low on morale.

I personally think Riordan is a very good player, but he needs good service. I don't think the current Hibs midfield will provide him enough, so while he will still score a decent amount, he won't hit the heights of his previous spell. More importantly, this signing will paper over the cracks and buy Mixu more time, when he is clearly not good enough :107years:

Drylaw Hearts
Difference is most of the Hearts players were paid at least what they wanted (or maybe even more when Pedro sorted the deal:rolleyes:). Hibs players have been told there is a wage cap, and as a result, a few of their "top" players are on wages lower than they wanted. Riordan breaking the cap probably won't sit well with a squad who are already pretty low on morale.

I personally think Riordan is a very good player, but he needs good service. I don't think the current Hibs midfield will provide him enough, so while he will still score a decent amount, he won't hit the heights of his previous spell. More importantly, this signing will paper over the cracks and buy Mixu more time, when he is clearly not good enough :107years:

I don't think that is actually true.

good points in you post but i think its no secret that when a player(s) isdoing well at ER they alway want paid what they are worth. now deek has not really played overthe past couple of year yet he comes in getting a fair few quid more than the club captain and madrid bound feltch.

petrie mcscrouge may find that any player that does well for them will be knock on his door.

i know deek is a good goal scorer but the fat fin balanced that out by bring in bambi.

Hans von Luck
I don't think that is actually true.

By alot of your comments today and this evening you seem to know alot about the goings on at Fester Road.

Are you changing your name to Drylaw Hibs ? :rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts
By alot of your comments today and this evening you seem to know alot about the goings on at Fester Road.

Are you changing your name to Drylaw Hibs ? :rolleyes:

Nope.

I know

His first spell with the Hobos saw him in a team with O'Conner, Thomson, Brown and Boozy

Now he has Colin Nish and Rankin

Drylaw Hearts
good points in you post but i think its no secret that when a player(s) isdoing well at ER they alway want paid what they are worth. now deek has not really played overthe past couple of year yet he comes in getting a fair few quid more than the club captain and madrid bound feltch.

petrie mcscrouge may find that any player that does well for them will be knock on his door.

i know deek is a good goal scorer but the fat fin balanced that out by bring in bambi.

Nade signed last year and will have been on a far healthier wage than Berra or Velicka and still is.

Did either of them bang on RR's door ?

Most clubs have top players on better wages than the rest.

Hans von Luck
Nade signed last year and will have been on a far healthier wage than Berra or Velicka and still is.

You are not trying to tell me that Fletcher's agent will sit back and let Ratboy earn more than his galatico in waiting are you.

January will be start of a big movement out Fletcher, Jones just to name a couple.

The answer is simple-Bring back Brellier to take Ratboy out in the 1st derby at Fester Road a la Scott Brown :P

Cmon Vlad 20 minutes left

Drylaw Hearts
You are not trying to tell me that Fletcher's agent will sit back and let Ratboy earn more than his galatico in waiting are you.

January will be start of a big movement out Fletcher, Jones just to name a couple.

Fletcher was always going to be moving anyway.

Jones has been going to leave for the last 2 TW's because of wages and it hasn't happened.

source!you have a wage slip?

could it be that berra is on a cracking wage and chuffed to be where he is and vel was just happy to be playing in spl with hope of better things to come?

remember hibs pay less than us and have historyof players wanting more money when doing well(brown,thomson and deek himself)maybe you think everything will be good at ER with deek and i hope/think it could upset the hobo cart.

Drylaw Hearts
source!you have a wage slip?

could it be that berra is on a cracking wage and chuffed to be where he is and vel was just happy to be playing in spl with hope of better things to come?

remember hibs pay less than us and have historyof players wanting more money when doing well(brown,thomson and deek himself)maybe you think everything will be good at ER with deek and i hope/think it could upset the hobo cart.

I don't have a wage slip but commen sense tells you that Nade was/is on a far better wage than Berra and Velicka.

Realistically there is only 1 player at ER who will have a grievance at DR earning more than him :

Steven Fletcher.

But Hibs know he's not here for the long haul so why would they care what he thinks ?

I don't have a wage slip but commen sense tells you that Nade was/is on a far better wage than Berra

how do you know this? far better? are you sure? anyway ive read your thoughts and you read mine. we aint gonna change them. i would have liked to have signed a proven goal scorer but i think you are maybe more upset missing out onDR than me

just hoping tullberg is the real deal

as for fletch he will only go when madrid come in with a huge bid until then he will be knocking on petries door asking for a loan of a couple of quid until he get his big move

So they signed another very average centre half -- can't wait to see him in action with either of our 2 favourite goalkeepers.

And as for Riordan -- will he be the same player -- the team he is joining is far poorer than the team he left -- will he have the same goalscoring opportunities and will he be the same player after 2 years of virtual non activity ?-- plus he is back with his 'rat pack'.

It is a gamble and one that will have to pay off for them quickly - will it pay off ?

PS even if we had signed him there would have been similar doubts.

I don't have a wage slip but commen sense tells you that Nade was/is on a far better wage than Berra and Velicka.

Realistically there is only 1 player at ER who will have a grievance at DR earning more than him :

Steven Fletcher.

But Hibs know he's not here for the long haul so why would they care what he thinks ?

I was told last Thursday by a chap at my work (his Dad used to be Hibs Chairman) that Fletcher is keen to move on but it would not be happening this window or maybe even the next. I could be wrong but I think it was reported in the press/radio at the weekend that Fletcher had indicated to Hibs about his desire to leave.

Drylaw Hearts
I was told last Thursday by a chap at my work (his Dad used to be Hibs Chairman) that Fletcher is keen to move on but it would not be happening this window or maybe even the next. I could be wrong but I think it was reported in the press/radio at the weekend that Fletcher had indicated to Hibs about his desire to leave.

He only signed a new deal to ensure Hibs would get a decent fee for him.

He wants to go South but as yet no Clubs have bid for him.......

but Bolton have been watching him.

Mmmm lets see.

1.Where will Riordan play surely they cannot drop there biggest asset Fletcher even though he is playing **** ie not playing asset value drops.So there is a question mark on where he fits him in the side.

2.Everyone of their goalkeepers are still ****

3.There defence is absolute rank and Bamba aint going to make things much better if at all.

4.The midfield is powderpuff and must be the most lightweight in the league

5.Mixu aint got a clue tactically

Mmmm lets see.

1.Where will Riordan play surely they cannot drop there biggest asset Fletcher even though he is playing **** ie not playing asset value drops.So there is a question mark on where he fits him in the side.

2.Everyone of their goalkeepers are still ****

3.There defence is absolute rank and Bamba aint going to make things much better if at all.

4.The midfield is powderpuff and must be the most lightweight in the league

5.Mixu aint got a clue tactically

To answer the OT I don't think Mixu is the greatest manager and in time will probably be out.

However he has spent this window getting rid of some of the dross signed by Collins - Kerr and Donaldson for example so fair play to him for that.

As I said on another post, we have problems scoring goals and he has hopefully fixed that by signing Deek. We also ship in the daftest goals in the league, so at least he has signed a centre half who can get rid of the ball! Time will tell I suppose...

Re the un-rest about his wages, if you aren't performing in your job would you go in for a huge payrise - No! So the rest of them can't complain.

To answer the OT I don't think Mixu is the greatest manager and in time will probably be out.

However he has spent this window getting rid of some of the dross signed by Collins - Kerr and Donaldson for example so fair play to him for that.

As I said on another post, we have problems scoring goals and he has hopefully fixed that by signing Deek. We also ship in the daftest goals in the league, so at least he has signed a centre half who can get rid of the ball! Time will tell I suppose...

Re the un-rest about his wages, if you aren't performing in your job would you go in for a huge payrise - No! So the rest of them can't complain.

And some of his own dross as well,Canning and Zarabi.

And some of his own dross as well,Canning and Zarabi.

Yup!

Although I thought Canning was ok for cover. Zarabi would have looked out his depth playing at Saughton park

Archived