Sives to QoS on loan.

Acey

(From BBC.co.uk)

Hearts defender Craig Sives has agreed to join Queen of the South on a short-term loan deal.

The 22-year-old central defender made two appearances for the Tynecastle club in season 2004/05 but has not had a look in since.

Sives played 20 games on loan at Partick Thistle in season 2006/07, scoring once for the Jags.

Will this guy ever make it? He's 22, but hasn't ever established himself in the first team.

(From BBC.co.uk)

Will this guy ever make it? He's 22, but hasn't ever established himself in the first team.

Canny see it now - There are other youngsters (younger ones!) ahead of him. He'd have to show some decent form at QoS to have any chances at all on his return.

Its been on the Hearts website for about two hours chaps....

But not on here. I'm providing a valuable service; don't knock it. :)

Who was it that decided to give all these guys who have no future at us a 5 year deal?

If you look at the guys aged 20-22 in our squad that aren't near the first team then we've got: Craig Sives, John Armstrong, David Armstrong, Marco Pelosi, Matthew Doherty, Denis McLaughlin, Matthew Park, Sean Mackle and Alan Lithgow.

I believe that at least the first six of them are on 5 year deals. I wish we could just move them all on. There's nothing worse than having these guys sitting around doing nothing and picking up a wage.

Who was it that decided to give all these guys who have no future at us a 5 year deal?

If you look at the guys aged 20-22 in our squad that aren't near the first team then we've got: Craig Sives, John Armstrong, David Armstrong, Marco Pelosi, Matthew Doherty, Denis McLaughlin, Matthew Park, Sean Mackle and Alan Lithgow.

I believe that at least the first six of them are on 5 year deals. I wish we could just move them all on. There's nothing worse than having these guys sitting around doing nothing and picking up a wage.

From what I've heard/believe, he's the only one with a real chance.

I agree with the length of contract issue, but their collected lack of first team experience is partly attributable to our bloated first team squad and revolving door management scheme. This has contributed to a lost generation of young players and wasted finances. It is to be hoped that the lesson has been learned and that more young players, and younger players, feature in the first eleven; preferably when we are winning.:)

Empty seat 2 rows in front of me now, with Sives being away and playing football on a Saturday....

Allegedly this is as a result of VR's lets build on youth pledge a few years ago. Cue various minions desperately tying up young players on long term, relatively lucrative terms, irrespective of actually playing quality, (hey, why ask the football guys?).

And here we are.

Amongst my grounds for encouragement is the news that Csaba talks directly with Romanov. Part of the the reason for his paranoia are the aforementioned minions. Allegedly, in my opinion and all that.

Archived