Robinho to Man City

JamboSean

Stroll on the good times. Manchester is finally going to have a side in the top 4 :cool:

Chelsea will steal him by midnight. ;)

It wouldn't surprise me. City have basically said we'll spend serious money in january once the squad has been assessed properly. That's good enough for me. Build for our tital challenge next season.

Malinga the Swinga

Just heard on radio that they have made bid for Messi as well. Don't think he will go, but quite funny to see Chelsea being outbid.

It wouldn't surprise me. City have basically said we'll spend serious money in january once the squad has been assessed properly. That's good enough for me. Build for our tital challenge next season.

Too right mate, a great time to be a City fan if the owners come true.

I remember what it was like to see Chelsea sign all those players when Roman first came in.

You'll love every single minute of it.

All the city fans come out the closet. comical

I'm :o for you. Not sure if your aiming that at me but I've never hid the fact city are my second side. And I've probaly posted on every city thread I've seen on kickback. What is comical is the amount of Salford fans cacking themselves at the prospect of not getting everything their own way in the north west.

I'm :o for you. Not sure if your aiming that at me but I've never hid the fact city are my second side. And I've probaly posted on every city thread I've seen on kickback. What is comical is the amount of Salford fans cacking themselves at the prospect of not getting everything their own way in the north west.

Haha wasn't the same said last year after Dr. Thaksin bought yous? Don't get carried away with yourself.

It's fair enough spending this kind of money because the new owners appear to have it. However, a minute ago yous wanted Berbatov, now it's Robinho. Hardly similar types of player. Is this even a footballing purchase or a publicity stunt?

Chelsea will steal him before midnight.

Jambo_in_Madrid
Haha wasn't the same said last year after Dr. Thaksin bought yous? Don't get carried away with yourself.

It's fair enough spending this kind of money because the new owners appear to have it. However, a minute ago yous wanted Berbatov, now it's Robinho. Hardly similar types of player. Is this even a footballing purchase or a publicity stunt?

According to the Spanish press, Robinho officially signed for Man City within the last hour for 40 million Euros.

That may prove the catalyst for Madrid to launch a last ditch bid for Berbatov.

Obviously Madrid don't want to strengthen Chelsea's Champions League bid then if that's the case.

Must be great knowing that your new signing has chosen your team as his second choice too.

Who cares? It's a sign of intention :) I think He'll be a Chelsea player Tommorrow and Berbatov will spend a few months in The Spurs reserves.

Is this a sign at long last that the proper Mancs are to cease the sniping from the bushes and go toe to toe with the pansies that are the Glams?

Is this a sign at long last that the proper Mancs are to cease the sniping from the bushes and go toe to toe with the pansies that are the Glams?

Fingers crossed Manchesters only Premiership club will challenge in the near future. To be honest I'd love anyone to challenge the current top 4. Hopefully City and Spurs will come up with the goods this year.

Who cares? It's a sign of intention :) I think He'll be a Chelsea player Tommorrow and Berbatov will spend a few months in The Spurs reserves.

Yeah that's fair enough. I just think spending this kind of money on a whim is insane. Probably because (unfortunately) I've never had to deal with that kind of high finance.

I'm pretty Confident Berbatov will be at United by tomorrow though. You've got to wonder why the Berbatov deal has taken all summer. Everyone knew he was going to go, why wait until the possibility where it's going to be too late?

Fingers crossed Manchesters only Premiership club will challenge in the near future. To be honest I'd love anyone to challenge the current top 4. Hopefully City and Spurs will come up with the goods this year.

Lmao @ Manchester's only premiership club. I forgot United aren't only a Premiership force but a European force also. My bad. Something City know little about - while City scraped through against a bunch of fishermen last week United were polishing their Champions League winners medals!

Lmao @ Manchester's only premiership club. I forgot United aren't only a Premiership force but a European force also. My bad. Something City know little about - while City scraped through against a bunch of fishermen last week United were polishing their Champions League winners medals!

Utd are not a Manchester club. Stop cacking yourself mate. I know it's hard to think City will rival you in the future. Perhaps you could swap teams and support whoevers top at the time. Is that not what most Utd fans do? It's got to be hard to swallow knowing City are the richest club on the planet. BLUE MOON

Robinho's signed btw

Most significant transfer in Premiership history?

Incredible signing.

I'm pishing myself here. What a day to be a City fan, they must be pinching themselves. Getting rid of a bampot owner and signing Binho all in a day.

Most significant transfer in Premiership history?

It could be the start of a major swing in power in English football. It's a massive massive show of ambition.

Totally unexpected, great signing. First Chelsea v Man City game will be interesting.

It's the tea time fixture a week on Saturday at City. The Premiership fixtures are going to be cracking next week with Berbatov making his debut at Anfield and also several debuts for Spurs v Villa.

I P Knightley
It could be the start of a major swing in power in English football. It's a massive massive show of ambition.

That or the beginning of the end for City.

With all the ownership/funding turmoil, I fear for their financial stability.

That's enough of me being a cynic. Let's hope it comes good and that MCFC wipe the smug grin off the Chelski fans' faces!

Ukol is geographically correct as out of City and United, it is the former who are based within Manchester itself. The latter is in Trafford Borough.

lost in leith

If I was a Man City fan I'd be wary of this. They've dodged a bullet with Thaksin, but how are the Abu Dhabi group financing this? I'm not convinced these are guys who are happy to burn money. West Ham fans got excited when the Icelandic gnome came in promising the earth :sad:

It could all end in tears if they think they're going to walk into the Champions League this year. Bear in mind that they were very lucky to get past a mediocre Danish team this week. Ironically City could now go on a long run in the UEFA Cup and suffer in the league as a result.

Would be nice if somebody could challenge the big 4, but I can't help thinking it's only a matter of time before one of the big English clubs goes into financial meltdown.

If I was a Man City fan I'd be wary of this. They've dodged a bullet with Thaksin, but how are the Abu Dhabi group financing this? I'm not convinced these are guys who are happy to burn money. West Ham fans got excited when the Icelandic gnome came in promising the earth :sad:

It could all end in tears if they think they're going to walk into the Champions League this year. Bear in mind that they were very lucky to get past a mediocre Danish team this week. Ironically City could now go on a long run in the UEFA Cup and suffer in the league as a result.

Would be nice if somebody could challenge the big 4, but I can't help thinking it's only a matter of time before one of the big English clubs goes into financial meltdown.

You sound like the hibbys talking about us! Good for Man City, shaking up the established order.

lost in leith
You sound like the hibbys talking about us! Good for Man City, shaking up the established order.

Unfortunately the hibbys have a point :o I'd be happy if City shake it up, as the EPL is very predictable these days. However, plenty of Man U and Liverpool fans out there worried about how their owners finance their takeovers. Quick search on google throws up these articles.

http://www.joinmust.org/thefacts/theirdebt.php

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/liverpool/2647975/Liverpools-American-dream-fades-amid-debt-and-lost-revenue---Football.html

I dare say the Abu Dhabi group may be happy to burn money, I just don't think City fans should take it for granted.

Archived