How on earth...

Shaggy2

are Championship players on such good money???

It's a rhetorical question as I'm well aware it's down to Sky money but what a bunch of cloggers these guys are. I don't think I've EVER seen a decent game between two teams outwith the top division in England. There aren't many decent players. The ones that do try and play just get lost in the middle of it all. Most teams are just full of guys 6ft+ (height and width). No wonder Nade was good down there and Bednar is revelling in it while guys like Skacel and er, Joe Hammill :eek: struggle.

Leicester v Crystal Palace, what a load of scheidt!

The SPL ain't great (especially Hearts) but IMO it's a lot better than the Championship in that the few good footballers we have up here at least get the chance to play a bit. You only need to look at how an average Hearts side outclassed PNE at the start of last season.

If you're paying attention to another thread you will realise I'm really p1$$'d off because I backed "over 2.5 goals" and I'm sick I never even got a run for my money!

Outwith the top 6 or so teams in that division I'd fear nothing from any of them even with the current Hearts team. Like night and day from the Premiership. That's why so many teams in England go straight back down when promoted.

I've been to Sunderland, Aston Villa this season, some Blackburn and Bolton games in recent years. It's not just the Championship. worst of the lot a good few years back - Middlesborough v. Wimbledon.

There is some right dross at the bottom end of the Premiership as well. They'll never admit it though

I've been to Sunderland, Aston Villa this season, some Blackburn and Bolton games in recent years. It's not just the Championship. worst of the lot a good few years back - Middlesborough v. Wimbledon.

There is some right dross at the bottom end of the Premiership as well. They'll never admit it though

It's all about the packaging.

MOTD is a good football highlights programme but watching most live English games is the equivalent of watching paint dry IMO.

It's all about the packaging.

MOTD is a good football highlights programme but watching most live English games is the equivalent of watching paint dry IMO.

Ne'er a truer word spoken.

I've got Setanta as I didn't renew my ST this season so have been watching live English Prem matches for the first time in years. Most of the matches are F****** S***.

Yes, the standard of fitba' is mince in the Championship, but take a look at the size of crowds they play to.

That's how they can afford the wages they pay.

And they get alot of cash from Sky too.

The Championship is one of the biggest leagues in Europe.

Easily in the top 5.

Buffalo Bill

jack D and coke
The Championship is one of the biggest leagues in Europe.

Easily in the top 5.

Buffalo Bill

Can't rememeber where i read something like that but it's a really well supported league. Quality on show minimal though like a lot of english football. How pish was that Wigan Chelsea on saturday. Absolute dung. Kind of why i got rid of my sky, actually OD'd on football.

the voice from above
Can't rememeber where i read something like that but it's a really well supported league. Quality on show minimal though like a lot of english football. How pish was that Wigan Chelsea on saturday. Absolute dung. Kind of why i got rid of my sky, actually OD'd on football.

tis the season for ****ey football though, all the pitches are falling to pieces... and i'd say the standard of football in the championship is probably better than the spl (WITH EXCEPTIONS OBVIOUSLY)

Archived