Get a grip

Toxteth O'Grady

Toxteth O'Grady

It's time for a reality check folks

1. Rearend is a jakie wee scrote who is nothing but trouble, he is a hobo through and through and could never be trusted to play against his beloved:107years:.

2. There are rarely any good buys to be had on the last day of the window, all you can get is players with "issues" like fitness or attitude problems or they are overpriced.

3. If you can't find exactly what you are looking for you are as well to make do with what you have got.

4. We could do with a goal scorer but we also don't need anyone who would screw up squad moral. It's better that we work on our style of play and get the most goals possible out of as many of of players as possible than jump in and waste money on someone who is not suited to us.

5. Already we have 6 different players who have scored for us this season, if they and some others can continue to chip in with goals then we won't be doing badly.

6. There might be times when we could do with the killer touch (like last Wednesday) but overall we should score a few goals and win a good few games as long as we can keep our shape, organisation and work rate.

TOGETHER:Hearts Man spotrun:

Malinga the Swinga

1. Rearend is a jakie wee scrote who is nothing but trouble, he is a hobo through and through and could never be trusted to play against his beloved:107years:.

2. There are rarely any good buys to be had on the last day of the window, all you can get is players with "issues" like fitness or attitude problems or they are overpriced.

3. If you can't find exactly what you are looking for you are as well to make do with what you have got.

4. We could do with a goal scorer but we also don't need anyone who would screw up squad moral. It's better that we work on our style of play and get the most goals possible out of as many of of players as possible than jump in and waste money on someone who is not suited to us.

5. Already we have 6 different players who have scored for us this season, if they and some others can continue to chip in with goals then we won't be doing badly.

6. There might be times when we could do with the killer touch (like last Wednesday) but overall we should score a few goals and win a good few games as long as we can keep our shape, organisation and work rate.

No, these points are too sensible for kickback. We should have signed Berbatov and Kaka and it is all Vlad's fault we haven't. If they weren't available, then we should have signed anyone, just so we could say we have a new signing. Of course, we then reserve the right to slag them off once we realise they were last minute signing and nobody else wanted them.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I agree.

Some of the reactions to us not signing a Hibs jakey little runt is disgusting but entirely predictable.

He wanted to go to Hibs. Deal with it.

It seems as though we were actively chasing him and this was his personal choice.

Woolfords Hearts

Great post mate.

It's silly season with panic buying and 3-4 year contracts getting thrown around.

The majority of the players being signed today will be looking to move on again this time next year.

chester copperpot
I agree.

Some of the reactions to us not signing a Hibs jakey little runt is disgusting but entirely predictable.

He wanted to go to Hibs. Deal with it.

It seems as though we were actively chasing him and this was his personal choice.

If we can get Glen to pair up front well with Tullberg, then I'll be more than happy to forget about everything else.

Think we will stroll 4th or 3rd this season. No problems. Cant see anyone with the skill or savvy as Laszlo as a coach so far.

Ach may be jumping the gun, but have a good feeling about Tullberg, and if Glen can start like he finished last year, fingers crossed.

Laszlo's done brilliant with his resources so far.

Delighted that Riordan hasn't disgraced Hearts with his presence.

We could do so much better.

Exactly - I wonfder how long it will be before he has cause mayhem inside the Hibs dressing room and poisoned the minds of some of their younger players. The guy is a complete t****r and I'm glad that he is not with us.

Delighted that Riordan hasn't disgraced Hearts with his presence.

We could do so much better.

I would have been annoyed if we had signed DR as he is a hibby baawbag!. I'm glad he has signed for them and not giving us bad press every time he goes up town.

On the point that we could do much better, I dont seen Csaba or Romanov digging deep and signing someone better that DR today. Maybe Tulberg will turn out to be a real find and if we use him well with supporting players we may then find a better player that DR.

Charlie-Brown

Everybody knows what Riordans like - what I don't understand is why so many people thought a guy who hates Hearts would ever want to play for us? At best we've maybe been used to force Hibs to pay more in transfer fee & wages than they wanted to pay.

Do you know where hell is

Thank **** i was given a reality check, i really needed it, and sure as christ you were the man to do it.

You say that there are rarely any good buys, why can we be one of the teams that gets a rare gem? I see your point and agree in part, its just that you come on like your the man with the answers, people are offering thier opinion's same as you did, except most dont start thier posts like you did.

I would have been annoyed if we had signed DR as he is a hibby baawbag!. I'm glad he has signed for them and not giving us bad press every time he goes up town.

On the point that we could do much better, I dont seen Csaba or Romanov digging deep and signing someone better that DR today. Maybe Tulberg will turn out to be a real find and if we use him well with supporting players we may then find a better player that DR.

DR is very over-rated.

I'd rather have seen Hearts make a concerted effort to sign Niculae from ICT or Chris Porter.

They would not have been such a detrimental effect in the dressing room that DR threatened to be.

That being the case why haven't we ??

Who says we haven't?

That being the case why haven't we ??

Maybe we already have.

Csaba seems to have very high hopes for Tullberg.

Maybe we already have.

I hope Tullberg is a great success but everything points to him being a target man who will work hard and provide some assists. The question is who for as none of the current forwards (other than perhaps Glen who will get little game time) have a clue where the goals are.

Toxteth O'Grady
Thank **** i was given a reality check, i really needed it, and sure as christ you were the man to do it.

You say that there are rarely any good buys, why can we be one of the teams that gets a rare gem? I see your point and agree in part, its just that you come on like your the man with the answers, people are offering thier opinion's same as you did, except most dont start thier posts like you did.

A fair point mate, I don't have the answers but I hope Csaba does:)

My post was just in response to all the drama queens screaming for us to buy anybody.

In an ideal world I'd have liked us to have found a good goalscorer, a couple of full backs, an attacking midfielder an a commanding centre half, sometime between the end of last season and now but hey ho that's the life of a Jambo.

The facts remain we have had a decent sttart to the league season, we are developing a style of play, the team will develope a bit of understanf=ding as they play more together and Shabba has got a bit of spirit goin.

There are many things to be positive about.

Maybe we already have.

A guy who has not scored regular at any of his previous clubs ? We all have high hopes for him but i thought everyone agreed he is not a goal scorer. A lot of pressure put on his shoulders by not signing a goal scorer IMO.

A guy who has not scored regular at any of his previous clubs ? We all have high hopes for him but i thought everyone agreed he is not a goal scorer. A lot of pressure put on his shoulders by not signing a goal scorer IMO.

Its hardly the crime of the century that he didn't get a hatfull in Serie A mate.

Not aware of his previous scoring record but he must have shown something to get signed by a Serie A club surely ?

Its hardly the crime of the century that he didn't get a hatfull in Serie A mate.

Not aware of his previous scoring record but he must have shown something to get signed by a Serie A club surely ?

Not saying he is a bad player mate I just don't think scoring goals is his thing. Got the impression he creates more for those around him. While still good we definitely needed a penalty box player. He is a big lad though so if we can quality balls into him he may well bang them away. Just think he faces a bit of pressure to score goals since we haven't signed anyone.

Canny wait to get a chance to hurl abuse at the mingin wee bawbag! I've missed this since he's been spending the last 2 years warmin Strachan's seat!

Not saying he is a bad player mate I just don't think scoring goals is his thing. Got the impression he creates more for those around him. While still good we definitely needed a penalty box player. He is a big lad though so if we can quality balls into him he may well bang them away. Just think he faces a bit of pressure to score goals since we haven't signed anyone.

John Sutton managed 5 goals in League two last season, but is a goal a game since his return to the SPL.

Do you know where hell is
A fair point mate, I don't have the answers but I hope Csaba does:)

My post was just in response to all the drama queens screaming for us to buy anybody.

In an ideal world I'd have liked us to have found a good goalscorer, a couple of full backs, an attacking midfielder an a commanding centre half, sometime between the end of last season and now but hey ho that's the life of a Jambo.

The facts remain we have had a decent sttart to the league season, we are developing a style of play, the team will develope a bit of understanf=ding as they play more together and Shabba has got a bit of spirit goin.

There are many things to be positive about.

I dont disagree pal, it was just the way the post was started that got me. Opinions and all that, i dont go for the drama queen carry on, as some people have been made like this because of the last few years.

John Sutton managed 5 goals in League two last season, but is a goal a game since his return to the SPL.

Shame we didn't sign him then.

How many did he score with St Mirren in the SPL ? Maybe league 2 or wycombe didn't suit his style. Thing is motherwell went out and got someone they they scores goals up here.

OP makes a lot of good points.

As I've said on aother thread, I'd have approached Sunderland to get Stokes for season on loan with a set price to buy. Like O'Donovan, hes slipped down the rankings there and can do a job in SPL.

Shame we didn't sign him then.

How many did he score with St Mirren in the SPL ? Maybe league 2 or wycombe didn't suit his style. Thing is motherwell went out and got someone they they scores goals up here.

The point I'm making is that although Tullberg isn't a noted goalscorer elsewhere, he could very well bang goals in for fun in the SPL.

The point I'm making is that although Tullberg isn't a noted goalscorer elsewhere, he could very well bang goals in for fun in the SPL.

Yeah I know I said the same thing about 6 posts up. :P

The point i was making is there is needless pressure on him to score.

I'm a great believer in 2nd chances, or givig someone the chance in the first place..

I appreciate our offer/terms etc may not have been as attractive to riorden as Hibs',.. Or maybe he's taken the easy option...

Whatever his reasons.. I was willing to give him the chance at Hearts, and I sincerely believe Shabba would have got so much more out of him..

He's 25, should be peak physical condition and having a clear idea of where he's going in life..

If thats back to easter road for what I think he perceives to be an easy life of glory in front of the "crowds" over there... good luck to him..

My next prediction is No Glory, no Crowds, No fu***ng luck in your future career Deek,... You've turned your back on the path to righteousness and decided to take the easy option.. There's only going to be one loser in this.

You.

For the record, I think he would have done a great job for us... Given us that cutting edge we so deserately need...

Archived