Bambi and Ratface

Munch

The fat finn has played his jokers, its all going to go wrong, fat finn will be gone by christmas, rat face wil be in jail, and bambi will be on ice.:fing25:

Malcolm Tucker

If Hibs think all their problems are solved by Riordan's return, they are very badly mistaken IMO.

But, it will set them up for an even bigger fall, so happy times!

Clark Griswold
If Hibs think all their problems are solved by Riordan's return, they are very badly mistaken IMO.

But, it will set them up for an even bigger fall, so happy times!

Thats their mistake to make

The fat finn has played his jokers, its all going to go wrong, fat finn will be gone by christmas, rat face wil be in jail, and bambi will be on ice.:fing25:

In fairness, at least they have jokers to play. Sadly, at Tynecastle, the Jokers own the club.

I seem to remember Rearend being very average once o'connor had left

your memory is a good 'un then. a great twosome, but individually they've done little since.

Unfortunatey he knows his way to goal. As someone said earlier today his ratio is something like 0.4 goals per game.

Ok been out of things at Celtic. I suspect he will do the same for Hibs as last time. However hop Im wrong and he screws up!!:107years:

Spin it anyway you like, realistically it is a couple of good signings for Hibs.

Disappointed we haven't signed anyone else and have great concerns about our scouting network. Csaba by all accounts does not appear to have many contacts.

Hans von Luck
least they are making signings unlike us:mad:

Please tell me why we MUST make signings ?

If the players that we want are not available just now then leave it to Csaba and wait until January.

Why all the panic.

least they are making signings unlike us:mad:

Another one for the mods to empty.

For the record, Hearts have signed 5 players this transfer window. I'm afraid Riordan wont be able to compensate for the inadequecies of Makalamby, Van Zanten, Jones etc, etc....

Marmeladent?rtchen

I am shocked that Rat boy has gone to back to hibs.

I dont know what petrie did to pull that off, but I think there was more to the deal then meets the eye. (Celtic have 50% sell on clause or have already tapped up fletcher.)

I think this has kept both Mixu and Petrie in a job for a little longer.

Thoughts???

Riordan will be a good signing for Hibs and I'd rather we'd got him. At least it saves us the hassle of having him though.

Don't know too much about Bamba but from what I've heard he isn't great.

brellierlegend

Signing Riordon is a big risk. He has not played competitive football for 2 years. On top of that they have to makesure he behaves of the park! No chance!

Signing Riordon is a big risk. He has not played competitive football for 2 years. On top of that they have to makesure he behaves of the park! No chance!

I don't see it as a risk at all. Before Riordan signed there was a lot of pressure on Rod Petrie. Now, no matter how Riordan plays, he will be relieved of that pressure for a while.

Us signing him would have been a big risk.

Dagger Is Back

Bambi is a decent SPL signing for Hibs. Rearend is a belter for them IMO or at least could be. If the Fat Finn can get him sorted out off the park then he'll score goals for fun. He'll bag at least 15 this year which is more than any of our strikeforce. Hibs will rapidly go up the table now.

As far as we are concerned we need to get some positions sorted out - right back, left back and up front. I think midfield and centre of defence is fine in terms of cover.

My problem if we don't sign anyone is that we've left ourselves lacking in these areas and that simply isn't good enough.

None of our strikers will score more than 10 goals this season ( I don't know about Tullberg). It's all very well saying look wehere the goals are coming form just now but you rely on strikers to get the majority of goals with other players chipping in to get yourselves out of jail when times are hard.

We've been lucky on the goalscoring front thus far - that luck won't hold.

Bambi is a decent SPL signing for Hibs. Rearend is a belter for them IMO or at least could be. If the Fat Finn can get him sorted out off the park then he'll score goals for fun. He'll bag at least 15 this year which is more than any of our strikeforce. Hibs will rapidly go up the table now.

As far as we are concerned we need to get some positions sorted out - right back, left back and up front. I think midfield and centre of defence is fine in terms of cover.

My problem if we don't sign anyone is that we've left ourselves lacking in these areas and that simply isn't good enough.

None of our strikers will score more than 10 goals this season ( I don't know about Tullberg). It's all very well saying look wehere the goals are coming form just now but you rely on strikers to get the majority of goals with other players chipping in to get yourselves out of jail when times are hard.

Absolute drivel. You expect a team who in Goalkeeper, defence and midfield consist of Makalamby, Van Zanten, Bamba, Jones, Stevenson, Shiels, Keenan and Rankin to 'rapidly move up the table'?

No offence, but are you mental?:eek: ?3million Real Madrid target Fletcher hasn't netted since February playing along side those players.:eek:

In our best season in 20 years our top scorers were Hartley and Skacel and i don't remember anyone moaning that our forwards weren't scoring enough goals then! I'd much rather we had 4 or 5 players weighing in with the goals than pinning all our hopes on one of these mythical "penalty box strikers" that everyone seems to be screaming out for

Fair game to Hibs, two good signings today as well as keeping Fletcher (although he has had a bad start to the season), it will certainly give the whole club a lift becaue they were on the verge of imploding and just rolling over.

However, you won't get anywhere with their goalkeepers and their midfield is less than average now.

In any case, Riordan would probably not have worked at Hearts. He hates Hearts and we all know it and no one would know what effect he would have on the dressing room.

The progress of both Hearts and Hibs this season will be fascinating to watch.

Dagger Is Back
Absolute drivel. You expect a team who in Goalkeeper, defence and midfield consist of Makalamby, Van Zanten, Bamba, Jones, Stevenson, Shiels, Keenan and Rankin to 'rapidly move up the table'?

No offence, but are you mental?:eek: ?3million Real Madrid target Fletcher hasn't netted since February playing along side those players.:eek:

Opinions Martin opinions.

Yes I do expect them to climb up the table and as long as they score more goals than they concede then that's just what they will do.

Fletcher is lacking confidence in front of goal but once he nicks one or two he will be off - he would be first choice in our team that's for damn sure.

Why don't we just wait and see what happens. Let's look at this thread in say December?

I take it those quoting bamba as a good signing have never watched him play? He is a complete bombscare. More blunders, red cards and own goals than any centre half i've ever seen. I actually laughed out loud when i heard it on the radio. Roll on the derby!

from wot i've seen Bamba is a nightmare at centre half, but pretty useful attacking corners and free kicks. Deeks is a goalscorer pure and simple, if u dont believe that go to utube and look

Dagger Is Back
In our best season in 20 years our top scorers were Hartley and Skacel and i don't remember anyone moaning that our forwards weren't scoring enough goals then! I'd much rather we had 4 or 5 players weighing in with the goals than pinning all our hopes on one of these mythical "penalty box strikers" that everyone seems to be screaming out for

Problem for me is that I don't see any player coming in with 17 goals apiece which is what RS and PH did. To be honest I don't see the rest of our squad pitching in with 34 goals do you?

We need a Fletcher, a Boyd, a McDonald, a Clarkson.

Malinga the Swinga

Ask any Dunfermline fan what they think about Bamba and he is a complete bomb scare. The man makes more mistakes than any average defender and has a great record of own goals. They have also let Canning go, yet a few months ago, he was a steal from Gretna.

Riordan will score a few goals for them, but the problem they have is at the back and in goal. What will happen when Jones leaves and Hogg wants a pay rise. Their problems are still there, they are just hiding it with the Riordan signing.

Riordan signing for Hibs is nowhere near a risk at the money paid.

Riordan hasn't played for 2 years aye, but he comes back with a point to prove and to where he belongs.

As for saying he wasn't good after GOC left, rubbish - he scored against you's when we beat you.

Heres a riddle for you, if he was that good he scored 20 goals a season as a youngster playing alongside GOC, how good is he going to be at 25 and with Steven Fletcher (yes, he's staying too) playing alongside him. The best strikeforce outside the OF by miles and miles.

Riordan hasn't played for 2 years aye, but he comes back with a point to prove and to where he belongs.

As for saying he wasn't good after GOC left, rubbish - he scored against you's when we beat you.

Heres a riddle for you, if he was that good he scored 20 goals a season as a youngster playing alongside GOC, how good is he going to be at 25 and with Steven Fletcher (yes, he's staying too) playing alongside him. The best strikeforce outside the OF by miles and miles.

How many goals has Fletcher got in the last 20 games?

How many goals has Fletcher got in the last 20 games?

Probably more than any Hearts strikers.

Fair enough, clutch at that, but the goals will come and his all round game is unbelievable. And with Riordan beside him and wee Zemamma & Yantorno coming back from injury to add to the creativity of our side.....:cool:

I agree with the statement that Hibs will have the best strikeforce outside the OF. However I honestly believe the defence, keeper and manager will hinder Hibs. A decent keeper is/was a must for Hibs.

In 6 months Mixu has signed Zarabi (gone), Rankin - rank, Canning - gone.

However I also think Hearts lack of striking options will leave us exposed over the season.

Problem for me is that I don't see any player coming in with 17 goals apiece which is what RS and PH did. To be honest I don't see the rest of our squad pitching in with 34 goals do you?

We need a Fletcher, a Boyd, a McDonald, a Clarkson.

Why not? I think Driver and Stewart are capable of getting into double figures, Kingston and Obua in theory should get a few goals, both Berra and Zali are good for a few goals between them and i like a few others have high hopes for Nade if he keeps getting fitter, Mole and Glen are still young but will get a few and we don't know what we're going to get with Tullburg but he could end up scoring more than his fair share!

Fair enough, clutch at that, but the goals will come and his all round game is unbelievable. And with Riordan beside him and wee Zemamma & Yantorno coming back from injury to add to the creativity of our side.....:cool:

Believe! :rolleyes:

How many times will they play together. Too similar.

Hibs lack strength and physical presence in the middle of the park.

Malinga the Swinga

Fair enough, his game that is so unbelievable led Hibs to how many trophies whilst the so called golden generation were at fetster rooad. Think you might find the answer resembles 0.

I agree with the statement that Hibs will have the best strikeforce outside the OF. However I honestly believe the defence, keeper and manager will hinder Hibs. A decent keeper is/was a must for Hibs.

In 6 months Mixu has signed Zarabi (gone), Rankin - rank, Canning - gone.

However I also think Hearts lack of striking options will leave us exposed over the season.

I agree, Murray and Yantorno aside all the signings aside have all been pish :mad:

Our goalies are gash, are defence is questionable, but stats show you we had the best defensive record outside the OF last season and we have missed Jones the last 2 week.

With Riordan will come confidence, not just within the side but with the support and the crowds will be back now thats for sure.

I expected Riordan in Fletch out but to have them both till xmas plus Zibbi, Canning, Kerr, Gatheussi and Donaldson all out its been a brilliant few days.

How many times will they play together. Too similar.

Hibs lack strength and physical presence in the middle of the park.

Thats why we signed Thicot, who looked a player before he got injured.

Dagger Is Back
Why not? I think Driver and Stewart are capable of getting into double figures, Kingston and Obua in theory should get a few goals, both Berra and Zali are good for a few goals between them and i like a few others have high hopes for Nade if he keeps getting fitter, Mole and Glen are still young but will get a few and we don't know what we're going to get with Tullburg but he could end up scoring more than his fair share!

I really hope you're right.

Fair enough, his game that is so unbelievable led Hibs to how many trophies whilst the so called golden generation were at fetster rooad. Think you might find the answer resembles 0.

The golden generation minus Riordan and GOC won the LC ;)

Dr Ian Malcolm

More often than not, when Riordan scored in a derby, Hearts didn't lose. I think the only Derby victory he scored in was his last? Don't get me wrong, he'll score a few goals for Hibs, but its a vastly inferior Hibs side he's going back to (O'Connor, Brown, Thomson, Whittaker and Murhpy - all gone). I think most Hibbies would agree.

They have signed a talented individual - I'd rather have a talented team (which IMO we're not too far off having).

Malinga the Swinga
The golden generation minus Riordan and GOC won the LC ;)

And now they are all gone except for the ratboy and Fletcher. Suppose he will get pay rise now or he will be off in January. Riordan is a decent signing, buthe won't change the fact no Hibs keeper can catch a cold, never mind a ball.

winston churchill

surely this must signal the return of the lochend flair.

Archived