Were you seriously expecting anything?

leginten

So, no Riordan. It was never going to be a marriage made in heaven anyway.

And unless something dramatic happens in the next few hours, it looks as if we're going through to January (at least) with what we've got.

And we're crying out for strikers. Tullberg may or may not know where the net is - let's hope he does.

But my question is: were you seriously expecting significant incoming transfer business from Hearts in this window?

I don't have any sources. I don't know people who know people. But I just didn't pick up any vibes - at all - that we were going to be serious players in this window. So while I'm disappointed about the striker situation, I can't honestly say I feel let down, because my expectations were non-existent in the first place.

And unless something dramatic happens in the next few hours, it looks as if we're going through to January (at least) with what we've got.

And we're crying out for strikers. Tullberg may or may not know where the net is - let's hope he does.

But my question is: were you seriously expecting significant incoming transfer business from Hearts in this window?

I don't have any sources. I don't know people who know people. But I just didn't pick up any vibes - at all - that we were going to be serious players in this window. So while I'm disappointed about the striker situation, I can't honestly say I feel let down, because my expectations were non-existent in the first place.

We have been as serious players as any other non-Old Firm team this transfer window. Two full internationals (Obua, Ballogh), one player signed from Serie A (Tullberg), a solid looking goalkeeper in Kello and a former Polish under 20 international. Add to the fact that Driver and Jonsson signed new 5 year deals and we've really done as well as anyone.

I'm still of the opinion that a decent strikeforce can be formed between Mole, Nade, Glen, Tullberg and Obua and will re-iterate yet again, that I am absolutely delighted that we did not sign the piece of human trash that is Riordan.

maroonlegions

agree, i did not have high hopes either but when our MANAGER has admitted that we need a quality striker and yet again feck all happens, it makes you wonder why we stay in limbo and other clubs get their finger oot.:mad:

eddie fenwick
We have been as serious players as any other non-Old Firm team this transfer window. Two full internationals (Obua, Ballogh), one player signed from Serie A (Tullberg), a solid looking goalkeeper in Kello and a former Polish under 20 international. Add to the fact that Driver and Jonsson signed new 5 year deals and we've really done as well as anyway.

I'm still of the opinion that a decent strikeforce can be formed between Mole, Nade, Glen, Tullberg and Obua and will re-iterate yet again, that I am absolutely delighted that we did not sign the piece of human trash that is Riordan.

you also forgot that calum will be back in 6 month;)

We have been as serious players as any other non-Old Firm team this transfer window. Two full internationals (Obua, Ballogh), one player signed from Serie A (Tullberg), a solid looking goalkeeper in Kello and a former Polish under 20 international. Add to the fact that Driver and Jonsson signed new 5 year deals and we've really done as well as anyway.

Yep my thoughts too

Forget Riordan for a second, it was always going to be an unlikely signing however it will be completely deflating if we don't sign another striker from elsewhere. Stevie fecking Wonder could see we need a goalscorer yet here we are hours away from the deadline and nobody in.

For all Romanov's bravado he's wasted millions on dross (Makela, Beslija, Pinilla for example) and when we need a few hudred grand for an important signing there appears to be nothing in the pot. Very disappointing.

Fair enough - and I'm I'm not particularly sorry about Riordan. But what I'm talking about is really this question of pushing the boat out a bit to address the striker situation. I get the impression that the business we've conducted has been prudent and in keeping with much of what happened towards the end of last season. I never had the impression that a lot of cash was going to be thrown at the acquisition of a "name" striker. I wonder how serious we were in the race for Riordan.

As I say, I'm disappointed rather than distressed about the situation. Let's hope the goals keep coming from midfield and wide!

mirsad_beslija

your kinda correct mate,i think vlad either gets interested in the team......or as in this widow off oportunity he dosent. maybe come dancin competition in lithunia is startin up again.just joking vlad. you could have still got us a player .... and if useless could have used him as a .......SUB ! HA HA. i think i better torpedo that sub-standard line lol. oh well you have to laugh dont ya ! .still hours to go till cinderella losses her ..... football boot sorry slipper 1 :)......

Forget Riordan for a second, it was always going to be an unlikely signing however it will be completely deflating if we don't sign another striker from elsewhere. Stevie fecking Wonder could see we need a goalscorer yet here we are hours away from the deadline and nobody in.

For all Romanov's bravado he's wasted millions on dross (Makela, Beslija, Pinilla for example) and when we need a few hudred grand for an important signing there appears to be nothing in the pot. Very disappointing.

IF and it's a big IF we were really serious about signing Riordan, then surely that would mean CL/VR realise we need a striker. If so, why leave it till the last minute and have no back-up options?

Without trying to be too cynical it seems to me it was a half hearted effort to make it look like we were trying to sign a player who Hearts must surely know would have been highly unlikely to agree to sign for us.

Hearts must realise we need a striker,if no why have they been dealing with Celic all day,but as per usual they had no back up plan

Jambof3tornado

Is it just that we all get over excited at transfer time,and set ourselves up for a big fall. Yes Csaba said he was looking for a scorer,but he also said that it was ok if we didnt get one. We have brought in better quality players than anyone outwith the old firm in Obua,Kello,Janos and Tullberg so lets just see wha happens. I think you always get better deals done in the january window(see thats me getting my hopes up again)

Is it just that we all get over excited at transfer time,and set ourselves up for a big fall. Yes Csaba said he was looking for a scorer,but he also said that it was ok if we didnt get one. We have brought in better quality players than anyone outwith the old firm in Obua,Kello,Janos and Tullberg so lets just see wha happens. I think you always get better deals done in the january window(see thats me getting my hopes up again)

That more or less matches my thoughts on the matter.

I just don't get why we all seem to get so hysterical about players who can't get a game for the OF. There are better out there who we've never even heard of - the trick seems to be in spotting them.

Archived