Hamilton's septic pigeon pie

Don corleone

Not sure if this was posted after match, but anyway.

I was on the phone to ticket office for Falkirk tickets and pointed out what we were faced with in the stands on Saturday. For those who weren't there, I was sat at the end of a row, at head height was the largest pile of bird sh*t* you have ever seen, right next to my face pretty much. It was all over the stands, the seats looked like some weegies night out had gone wrong (world fallen out of their bottoms), there were dead birds in the roof netting directly above us and dead mice on the metal ends of the stands. All right next to us, pretty much.

The stewards were doing not a bad job of trying to get a club official (hired in stewards after all) but to no avail. This is all obviously pretty regular stuff in Hamilton, clearly. I went for shower when I got home.

Anyway, when I mentioned it to the ticket office they told me there have been a number of complaints and Hearts are aiming to rasie this with Hamilton. Good on them, we're quick to criticise but I hope they point out the obvious Health & Safety risks.

I don't exactly consider myself Mrs wotsit from how clean is your house, but my ?50 will stay in my pcoket next time Hearts go to this dump, absent a few assurances from Hamilton that the cleaners have been in.

First away game in ages on Saturday - I thought outr fans were first class. Miko is a legend.

I was in the same boat as you! The seats were disgusting. I've emailed both Hearts and Hamilton to complain. For anyone wishing to contact Hamilton I penned a message via this page: -

http://www.acciesfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_contact&task=view&contact_id=1&Itemid=3

For ?20+ they could at least clean the seats. Its unacceptable and as you rightly say, its a Health and Safety issue if nothing else.

chester copperpot
I was in the same boat as you! The seats were disgusting. I've emailed both Hearts and Hamilton to complain. For anyone wishing to contact Hamilton I penned a message via this page: -

http://www.acciesfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_contact&task=view&contact_id=1&Itemid=3

For ?20+ they could at least clean the seats. Its unacceptable and as you rightly say, its a Health and Safety issue if nothing else.

There was a dead pidgeon in the net above my boss' heid.

We should have started throwing them on the pitch! :)

But seriously if Hamilton don't listen to complaints we could always get Environmental Health on the case :)

ToadKiller Dog

Heard about the dead pigeons didnt see them myself ,but there must have been a wasps nest near by loads of them buzzing about.

Hans von Luck

I have a couple of pictures on my phone which I will email to you if you wish.

Dead pigeons and guano can cause disease especially if people are eating and drinking, how that place got a health and safety certificate is beyond me.

Jambof3tornado

I think Hearts should take up the complaints and go right to the spl. Surely standards within grounds must be maintained at an acceptable level. Or will we have to wait until celtic or rangers have visited Hamilton before anything gets done??

Absolute disgrace.

There was an old dear in front of me trying to get a pie down her neck with all that sh it around - disgraceful.

Fair play to the stewards who did everything that could reasonably be expected of them.

Also, to the one who moved the eejit on who was preventing NADE FROM HANDING HIS STRIP IN TO THE CROWD AT THE END.

Don C: I'll tell you what's wrong with it, my lad. 'E's dead, that's what's wrong with it!

Hamilton Steward: No, no, 'e's uh,...he's resting.

Don C: Look, matey, I know a dead pigeon when I see one, and I'm looking at one right now.

Buffalo Bill

What a ****ing *****hole! :ohmy:

I have mild OCD. I'd have taken one look above me and I'd have had to leave the dump.

But then, I am a big drama queen.

I am a big drama queen.

I can vouch for this if anyone needs a reference.

Buffalo Bill

Unless that netting has come loose somewhere to allow the doo's in or the halfwits who put it up must have known there were still doo's alive when they did net the roof area..

Knowing that they would die eventually, starving to death..

Poor Doo's..

Shame on Hamilton FC.. Doo killers

Unless that netting has come loose somewhere to allow the doo's in or the halfwits who put it up must have known there were still doo's alive when they did net the roof area..

Knowing that they would die eventually, starving to death..

Poor Doo's..

Shame on Hamilton FC.. Doo killers

nets dont keep them out,just keeps them from getting in that way.where my work is has the same problem the birds are smart enough to find other ways in but are too stupid to remember the way out

There was an old dear in front of me trying to get a pie down her neck .

Thats what most folk have to do when HVL is lurking about and food is on the go. :P

nets dont keep them out,just keeps them from getting in that way.where my work is has the same problem the birds are smart enough to find other ways in but are too stupid to remember the way out

You'd have thought someone would have seen them flapping about though ?

They could have freed the trapped Doo's first, then blocked any other holes.

But no they just left dead Doo's , maggot infested dead Doo's at that..

Nasty Nasty Hamilton FC...

Have had an email back from Hamilton's secretary. The guy is going to inform their board on Tuesday and has passed on my comments to the stadium manager and safety officer. I've sent him on some pics also. I've asked him to pass any comments on to Hearts who will hopefully put it up on their website.

At least they've responded. We'll see what the outcome is. Hopefully pigeon pie will soon be off the catering menu at the New Douglas Park.

Hans von Luck
Have had an email back from Hamilton's secretary. The guy is going to inform their board on Tuesday and has passed on my comments to the stadium manager and safety officer. I've sent him on some pics also. I've asked him to pass any comments on to Hearts who will hopefully put it up on their website.

At least they've responded. We'll see what the outcome is. Hopefully pigeon pie will soon be off the catering menu at the New Douglas Park.

Have just had a reply as well will also let you know the outcome.

Have just had a reply as well will also let you know the outcome.

Fair play to Hamilton - I can imagine the response we would have got at Castle Greyskull etc - probably a few arrests.

so glad i never looked up at any point. i was in the 3rd to back row. really enjoyed it but i must agree that something has to be done about that. disgrace!!!

Tokyo Drifter
Not sure if this was posted after match, but anyway.

I was on the phone to ticket office for Falkirk tickets and pointed out what we were faced with in the stands on Saturday. For those who weren't there, I was sat at the end of a row, at head height was the largest pile of bird sh*t* you have ever seen, right next to my face pretty much. It was all over the stands, the seats looked like some weegies night out had gone wrong (world fallen out of their bottoms), there were dead birds in the roof netting directly above us and dead mice on the metal ends of the stands. All right next to us, pretty much.

The stewards were doing not a bad job of trying to get a club official (hired in stewards after all) but to no avail. This is all obviously pretty regular stuff in Hamilton, clearly. I went for shower when I got home.

Anyway, when I mentioned it to the ticket office they told me there have been a number of complaints and Hearts are aiming to rasie this with Hamilton. Good on them, we're quick to criticise but I hope they point out the obvious Health & Safety risks.

I don't exactly consider myself Mrs wotsit from how clean is your house, but my ?50 will stay in my pcoket next time Hearts go to this dump, absent a few assurances from Hamilton that the cleaners have been in.

First away game in ages on Saturday - I thought outr fans were first class. Miko is a legend.

Had they been left there by Dundee United fan, perhaps?

Archived