Kickback

Jambo Martin

jamboinglasgow

depends who we sign, Riorden and a Pillowbiter then it will crash. THough think the mods have fixed the server so that it needs alot of people before it could crash.

jamboinglasgow
The mods have fixed nothing.

Dexter is the man to thank.

ok, got my computer terms wrong, meant the admin team and mainly Dex. He is a legend though when is Hleb coming dex:p

If is looks like it is going to crash tonight, is there anyway it can be closed to everyone apart from suscribers?? or at the very least suspend guest viewing??

Guest JamboRobbo
They load pretty quickly for me JR.

Are you using FireFox?

yep. might just be my computer. But JKB seems the only site that is slow these days it is stopping me posting as much as I'd like. :P

It's still not bad, just not as quick as it once was, and I wonder if a big hit on the website might be too much for it these days.

I'm sure Dex has it under control though.

If is looks like it is going to crash tonight, is there anyway it can be closed to everyone apart from suscribers?? or at the very least suspend guest viewing??

I believe that both of things are possible Lou.

Guest JamboRobbo
I'm going to stop Guest Viewing tonight....

You should limit it to those who've shown real commitment to the cause. Say 15k posts and over maybe?

Guest GhostHunter
You should limit it to those who've shown real commitment to the cause. Say 15k posts and over maybe?

You'd have no-one to argue with then

:D

Clark Griswold

i think so, couldnt get on to kickback in the last 15 mins. Thought it was my PC, but other sites are fine...

I would suggest 20000 which means you better get posting quick;)

very slow for me since 1200hrs today

Guest GhostHunter

Feck !

It's well busy on here - guest viewing withdrawn, and other things switched off - may have to reboot at some point this afternoon....

Feck !

It's well busy on here - guest viewing withdrawn, and other things switched off - may have to reboot at some point this afternoon....

I wish you the best of luck, not an easy job you have :)

Could you give me a wee loan, just for the night of about 13000 posts then, you'll never miss them and will have about 50,000 by midnight.:P

Commander Harris
As of 1455, there are 1700 people on the board.

jings, crivens, help ma boab!

do you think it's just the load that's causing the problems dex? The new server always seemed to cope very well with lots of users online - since the vbulletin upgrade there seems to have been a few problems? teething problems or just a coincidence with the heavy usage?

Guest JamboRobbo
jings, crivens, help ma boab!

do you think it's just the load that's causing the problems dex? The new server always seemed to cope very well with lots of users online - since the vbulletin upgrade there seems to have been a few problems? teething problems or just a coincidence with the heavy usage?

I'm just an observer, but it seems (IMO) to have been slower since some of the fancier stuff started getting switched on the other week. Prior to that, it had been a mean lean messaging machine for a while........

As of 1455, there are 1700 people on the board.

Not bad considering nothing is happening. Wonder what kind of meltdown Man city MBs are seeing...

Guest GhostHunter

It's just sheer numbers on the board - we've not had 1700 online at the same time for a while now - averages is about 1200...

Most are refreshing their pages frequently etc which puts a little extra on the board.

The add ons dont affect the performance of the board, the biggest add on is the main index page - I've stopped guests from viewing and switched off a lot of modules etc.

I still plan to reboot the server around 1700 to clear out the dross etc..hopefully this should help get us through ...

I hope...

:eek:

Yup, scrotesnvermin.net is running even slower than us....

I'm watching the server just now, reboot at 1700.....

.....or when we sign 2 Kaunas players! :)

Italian Lambretta

Kickback seems to be very slow to upload. All these people hanging around waiting for NOTHING to happen.

Should be riveting:p

Chad Sexington

Seems to be going a fair bit faster for me now.

It was brutal before but it's almost back to normal.

Maybe folk are giving up on us signing Ratfink and are logging off in their droves. :P

Seems to be going a fair bit faster for me now.

It was brutal before but it's almost back to normal.

Maybe folk are giving up on us signing Ratfink and are logging off in their droves. :P

Possible, I simply think that it is half five and they have finished their days "graft" and are off home. :)

Italian Lambretta

Yes defo a lot quicker now.

But I don't expect anything to come from HMFC anytime in the near future. Can't they just put up an official statement saying they won't be signing anyone?

It would save us all from listening to all that drivel on the BBC later on.

Archived