Lennon

duckandcover

Stupid Sexy Flanders

To be fair, he's got no-one to blame but himself. Why on earth is Neil Lennon, of all people, drinking in a pub in Glasgow on the evening after an Old Firm game?! That's asking for trouble.

To be fair, he's got no-one to blame but himself. Why on earth is Neil Lennon, of all people, drinking in a pub in Glasgow on the evening after an Old Firm game?! That's asking for trouble.

I was about to mention the same thing myself. Bit daft if you ask me.

My thoughts exactly.

jamboinglasgow

I think it is sad that he has beaten up, he may be a little **** but he doesn't deserve to get beaten up when out with friends or family. Just makes this country look worse when that happens.

He may be an arrogant sod,but it's a sad day when a man can't even go out for a drink after a game without some knuckle dragging neanderthal wanting to punch your face in.

Drylaw Hearts
He may be an arrogant sod,but it's a sad day when a man can't even go out for a drink after a game without some knuckle dragging neanderthal wanting to punch your face in.

That's the City of the Culture for you.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
I think it is sad that he has beaten up, he may be a little **** but he doesn't deserve to get beaten up when out with friends or family. Just makes this country look worse when that happens.

Oh I agree with that, I wasn't saying he deserved it, I'm just saying he's bound to have known he'd come in for some attention, and if he didn't then he's an even bigger idiot than I thought.

jamboinglasgow
Oh I agree with that, I wasn't saying he deserved it, I'm just saying he's bound to have known he'd come in for some attention, and if he didn't then he's an even bigger idiot than I thought.

I agree, he must realise that after the OF game there will be rangers thugs having drinks to celebrate and most likely they will want to pick a fight with him.

Nelly Terraces

My, my, that's a tad unfortunate for Mr Lennon I must say.:rolleyes:

Anyone read the story underneath the one about the ginger scrotebag?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2008/09/01/exclusive-latest-scots-blade-horror-as-young-mum-confronts-neighbour-with-samurai-sword-86908-20719836/

Absolute class. Total schemie alert, wonder if she kept the samurai for cutting the veggies?

Thank fork I live in Edinburgh.

jamboinglasgow
Bizarre decision to go out - I wouldn't touch the town with a bargepole after Bigotfest but I guess you'd think you could maybe avoid the worst of it in 'Trendy' Ashton Lane.

Thoroughly nice guy Neil Lennon as well. May have been a wee pwick to play against, but he's an articulate and friendly person to speak to.

he could of gone into the irish pub on ashton lane, surely he wouldn't get attacked there.

According to emails doing the rounds, Lennon was far from trying to have a "quiet drink" and brought this on himself. But then I'm sure he'll be painted as the innocent victim as usual by the time Celtic phone round all their newspapers.

Bizarre decision to go out - I wouldn't touch the town with a bargepole after Bigotfest but I guess you'd think you could maybe avoid the worst of it in 'Trendy' Ashton Lane.

Thoroughly nice guy Neil Lennon as well. May have been a wee pwick to play against, but he's an articulate and friendly person to speak to.

I used to love drinking in Ashton Lane when my Mrs lived though there.

A pub crawl if ever there was one.

Buffalo Bill

jamboinglasgow
I used to love drinking in Ashton Lane when my Mrs lived though there.

A pub crawl if ever there was one.

Buffalo Bill

good place for a pub crawl, done pub golf around there many times. Though cant wait to go back to uni as the glasgow uni rowing club (which I am a proud member) are going to do beerienteering, that will be great fun.

Heres the email I was sent.

Last night in Ashton Lane a certain Mr Neil Lennon was up to his old tricks again, shouting and singing sectarian abuse (plenty of witnesses to this) when he was given the evil eye by a couple of bears outside Ubiqutous Chip. Bold Lennon goes up, shoves one guy and proceeds to get an absolute doing putting him in casualty for the night. Resulting in several stitches to the mouth and concussion, he was literally black and blue.

Lennon was so ****ed and in such a state that he wet himself and vomited all over himself also. Coming too at the hospital and realising the ramifications no complaint was made.

Another night of nonsense from good old Neil???

As you say I'm passing it on, however the guy it came from is usually reliable with info, but who knows, I know some people who know Lennon and say the guy is a great guy (They aren't Celts either).

Last night in Ashton Lane a certain Mr Neil Lennon was up to his old tricks again, shouting and singing sectarian abuse (plenty of witnesses to this) when he was given the evil eye by a couple of bears outside Ubiqutous Chip. Bold Lennon goes up, shoves one guy and proceeds to get an absolute doing putting him in casualty for the night. Resulting in several stitches to the mouth and concussion, he was literally black and blue.

Lennon was so ****ed and in such a state that he wet himself and vomited all over himself also. Coming too at the hospital and realising the ramifications no complaint was made.

That's laughable mate.

I doubt that even the most bitter of Huns could write a more obviously one-side, fictional account. Not saying I know what happened but I seriously dount that it went anything like that.

I P Knightley

A very sensible post.

No one comes out of this sort of thing looking any good and I don't the the gloating shows our fellow posters in a good light either.

You forgot to mention his t-shirt with the slogan "All Puppies Must Die".

Buffalo Bill

marshallschunkychicken
The giveaway (aside from the one-sided-ness) is the use of the term 'Bears'.

NOBODY calls Rangers fans 'Bears' apart from those within the same obnoxious south-west Glasgow institution.

Your mate may be reliable with the info, but he didn't pen that email, and it is obviously false.

Yep.

Interesting to know that the guy seemed to know what the situation was even after he had gone to hospital, and woke up there. Did he follow him there?

NOBODY calls Rangers fans 'Bears' apart from those within the same obnoxious south-west Glasgow institution.

Your mate may be reliable with the info, but he didn't pen that email, and it is obviously false.

Ok Columbo, I killed him, I killed him!

Buffalo Bill

I P Knightley

I thought that "Bear" was a slang term for big, hairy gay men?

jamboinglasgow
Ok Columbo, I killed him, I killed him!

Buffalo Bill

thanks very much, I'll just be off....though there is one last thing I dont understand...

funniest thing i heard all weekend, brilliant!:

im surprised the huns stopped at just fillin him in, dont think i could have controlled masel!!

:107years:

Was walking down Byre's Rd at exactly that time, didn't see any cop cars nearby or going towards Ashton Lane. Not really advisable for Lennon to go out on OF day, as mentioned above, sure he should be able to, but bad idea to do so unless drinking in Celtic pubs, in their part of the city.

stevieC@pivot

It came from Follow Follow!

My missus told me this story at 7am this morning. It sounds far more plausible than the Daily Record slant.

I'd be very surprised if Lennon started any bother. From what i understand he keeps himself to himself when out and about and having met him a couple of times he's very quiet and subdued. (mibbe he just hadnt had a drink yet tho!)

As others have said Lennons been a bit stupid or naive going out after an OF game but its not really his fault OF fans are such erseholes is it? its a sad day when someone cant go for a pint after a football match without getting harrassed.

Could not have happened to a better person.

Barman 1 round of beers for the 3 thugs. :P

LOL very true that..

2nd rounds on me...;)

According to emails doing the rounds, Lennon was far from trying to have a "quiet drink" and brought this on himself. But then I'm sure he'll be painted as the innocent victim as usual by the time Celtic phone round all their newspapers.

And you're surprised that there's "emails doing the rounds?" Nothing like a good conspiracy theory.

He's maybe just below the Barton/Ratboy level but those two "middle aged" heroes sum up the Rangers support. Majority spent the family allowance on an awayday to Manchester and left the place looking like a third world war zone.

Lay into another man just doing what we're all supposed to be allowed to do and he "brought this on himself?"

So you think that's OK? He's fair game for anyone?

Nice.

I am not a violent man but am very jealous of the two Rangers supporters...your arm could be falling off and you would just still keep punching the wee ginger scrot.

It's just a shame that the Polie Goalie and Gordon the Gargoil weren't there at the same time. They both need a good kickin' as well.

Do you think Hearts will pick up a fine for this?:rolleyes:

Maybe they'll deduct some points from Dundee Utd.:eek:

FTH

FTOF

SFAGTF

I am not a violent man but am very jealous of the two Rangers supporters...your arm could be falling off and you would just still keep punching the wee ginger scrot.

If you're that jealous of those two bams, doesn't say that much for your life goals. :)

If you're that jealous of those two bams, doesn't say that much for your life goals. :)

Don't deny that you would love to slap that wee pr**k especially if he started it and he is not pressing charges cause it is on cctv

is it pospisil

Got the e-mail also from overseas, before the record story appeared, if 'follow follow' version is wrong then would expect charges to follow, if not then Lennon as perpetrator rather than victim has more credbility.

Don't deny that you would love to slap that wee pr**k especially if he started it and he is not pressing charges cause it is on cctv

I never get my hands dirty if I can help it. There's always a couple of sub-normals that will oblige for a Buckie.

Come to think of it, wonder what Rearend and his pals are up to this weekend? I hear it's quite the new thing....Ratty Slapping.

Malinga the Swinga

Nobody hated Lennon more than me while he was on a football pitch, but there is no excuse for this at all. Perhaps this is why more and more of the footballers in Glasgow are choosing to live in Edinburgh.

Ignoring the 'Lennon' side of things, this imo is what is wrong with Scottish Football...........................the the majority of the media, clubs and fans imo accept that

it is unsafe for Celtic or Rangers players to go out for a drink after an old-firm derby,

accept that games have to be played at 12.30 and not 3pm

okay for certain non footballing songs to be sung at these games,

okay for fixtures to be fixed so they don't meet for league deciders,

okay for refs to referee this game differently,

okay for old firm games to be refereed by so called top refs whilst the rest of us have to make do with pot luck,

okay for refs to feel under the pressure that if they make a mistake they will have a double glazing bill etc etc.

If that is the case these clubs should be bunged out of football up here until they can show that they and there fans can behave sensibily like the majority of us instead of being pandered to.

portobellojambo1

Do not condone what happened but Mr Lennon was not a totally innocent party in all of this, and actually provoked the incident, and there were only two attackers, not three, and they were not young thugs.

Seymour M Hersh
Do not condone what happened but Mr Lennon was not a totally innocent party in all of this, and actually provoked the incident, and there were only two attackers, not three, and they were not young thugs.

Interesting PJ1.

Don't like to see this happening no matter who is at fault as it just shames the country. However, I read the first paragraph in the Sun from Billy McNeil and he was not very sympathetic to the wee scrote. I've seen him in Edinburgh in the Living room and I have to say, it's a remarkable piece of getting it way wrong, going out in the weej after a bigot brothers game with the kind of reputation he has.

Have to agree with that... Talked to him at the airport a few weeks back, he's glad he's no longer playing as he wants to spend more time with his family, he's a very approachable guy.

It's a sad day when you cant enjoy a night out with friends and family

Are you sure about that? Maybe you know better but I'm fairly convinced he didn't provoke this one.

Archived