Hearts crest

IMAJAMBO

Need some help here

few years back hearts had the crest mown ( i think) on to the grass at the begininng of a season It looked really cool!

However I think we were told to take this off the grass and am trying to remember why???????????????

My idea is it was just because it was us!!!!! but would like to know the real reason if any one knows ??????????

thanks

Frankenstein Jambo.
Need some help here

few years back hearts had the crest mown ( i think) on to the grass at the begininng of a season It looked really cool!

However I think we were told to take this off the grass and am trying to remember why???????????????

My idea is it was just because it was us!!!!! but would like to know the real reason if any one knows ??????????

thanks

Season 1999-2000 MAYBE? Was to mark the scottish cup win but Hearts found that it was against SFA guidelines or something...I think

Was something to do with parts of the grass being longer than others I'm sure.

Ah that rings a bit of a bell !

does anyone happen to have a picture????????

Cheers

I think it was because it is classed as a form of advertising, and its against the rules to have advertising on the pitch.

Frankenstein Jambo.
I think it was because it is classed as a form of advertising, and its against the rules to have advertising on the pitch.

Its hardley a form of advertising though is it? Everybody knows what stadium the game is being played in so whats the harm in having it?

Fecking politcal madness.

Victor Meldrew

That is exactly what the problem was: it contravened the advertising rules! It sounds mad,but I suppose if it were allowed, we could call ourselves 'Ukio Hearts' change the badge to their logo and have an advert on the pitch.

However it did seem like a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Need some help here

thanks

Back in the late eighties, I remember us beating the huns at Tyney, we wore white socks that day. I kid you not, a hun wrote a letter of complaint to the GFA, that we did not wear our designated strip ie maroon socks.

Did the GFA throw the letter in the bin? No, they told us not to wear white socks at home again without permission.

Back in the late eighties, I remember us beating the huns at Tyney, we wore white socks that day. I kid you not, a hun wrote a letter of complaint to the GFA, that we did not wear our designated strip ie maroon socks.

Did the GFA throw the letter in the bin? No, they told us not to wear white socks at home again without permission.

Do you think we were ever liked !!!!!!!??????????

Bomber Harris

At the begining of each season a football club has to submit their choice of home, away and 3rd choice kits to the big beaks.

These selections MUST be to the highest accuracy IE 100%

Any changes to a kit must be requested by the team towards the referee who then justifies the change and warrents a yes or no.

Colour clashes between two teams or the referees is a no no.

So in a sense the Rangers fan ( i assume that's who your referring to) was quite right to pen aletter of complaint and Hearts simply had, as usual no lack of self respect or for the SFA in keeping within the rules and regulations.

At the begining of each season a football club has to submit their choice of home, away and 3rd choice kits to the big beaks.

Any changes to a kit must be requested by the team towards the referee who then justifies the change and warrents a yes or no.

So in a sense the Rangers fan ( i assume that's who your referring to) was quite right to pen aletter of complaint and Hearts simply had, as usual no lack of self respect or for the SFA in keeping within the rules and regulations.

What a complete load of bull.

You are saying Hearts had a complete lack of respect for the SFA for wearing a different colour of socks.

Think you need to take a good look at yourself son.

:hobofish:

johnnyknoxville

did the sheep not have something cut in the grass for the last game of last season v rangers ?

no mention of that anywhere...

did the sheep not have something cut in the grass for the last game of last season v rangers ?

no mention of that anywhere...

Yip, was either this season or last they had 1903 and a pish poor AFC in the grass IIRC.

On the subjext I am sure you are not allowed club insignia on goal nets, corner falgs etc for the same reason.

That rings a bell with me as well , daft as it may seem.

Season 1999-2000 MAYBE? Was to mark the scottish cup win but Hearts found that it was against SFA guidelines or something...I think

It was 1995/96.

The design can be seen on the '22 games in a row' video/DVD, which doubles as a review of that particular season.

Buffalo Bill

Your last sentence is utter rubbish!

For a Rangers fan to complain about the colour of the opposition's socks, after they have been defeated, is the sourest of sour grapes, and for the S.F.A. to pay any attention to the clown is extreme pedantry.

The S.F.A. will get respect when it earns it.

Need some help here

thanks

I think it was the Partick Thistle Groundsman who started the craze for creative lawnmowing with a club crest in the middle and then going on to spirals and radiating lines from the centre circle covering the whole pitch making Firhill look a bit psychadelic.

However the reason for the conventional pattern of straight lines parallell to the goal lines is used by Assistant Referees to help judge offside calls they complained to the SFA who then reminded clubs that there were rules against unconventional grass cutting, by this time it had baran to spread from Firhill to other grounds as groundsmen all over Scotland got began to get express their artistic side.

If Partick's groundsman had limited his ambitions to within the centre circle then maybe the SFA would have indulged it and we'd have Hearts, Lions, Shamrocks and all sorts of other designs on Scottish pitches to this day.

cobbyshambles

no-it was like 95

Yeh Plastic Whistle had it also. The suits at the SFA moaned about it as did my Mum as my Dad mowed the the hearts badge into our front garden also.

Personally didn't mind it!

Do you think we were ever liked !!!!!!!??????????

Don't be silly! Over the years, we're the the only real challenge to their beloved oldfirm, course they don't like us, but, who cares, stuffum!

Archived