Darren Murray

Adi Dassler

Darren has been through the Hearts youth setup for years andDarren signed Berra as a young boy.Darren will be a great Hearts coach and should give him a chance.

Jim Jeffries had him as a player at Berwick and then took him to Falkirk but he never quite made it due to injuries. I grew up with Darren and he was a great player at boys club level but broke his leg (a horror break through his thigh) in a cup tie and that slowed him down a bit.

Good coach by all accounts.

Robbos Right Peg
Why not?

Night club at the east end of town. Dont rate it too much but Nade likes it before getting his XXL frame into his 'babe magnet' car Does that help ?

Darren is highly rated by Jefferies,Brown,John Murray,Levein,John Hughes,John McGlynn,Stevie Frail,Jimmy Calderwood,Sandy Clark,Csaba Lazlo and Vlad.

I also know that 95% of the lads at Riccarton enjoy working with him,anyone who seen Soccer AM skill school would have seen the team spirit,fostered by him.

My nephew is under his charge and he thinks he is really good,hard but fair.

He(Darren) is a died in the wool Jambo,who if not employed by the club would still be at all games home & away.

Everyone knows that that results/scorers are not important at U19 but it is the thing most people on here ask first...rather than 'how did we play?'

I would like to see a European coach ,Dutch would do;) to work alongside Darren.

Why ?

There's always a smart a**e eh.

If you've not got the decency to be civil why bother.

Thanks to those that answered anyway.

FWIW, i just wondered, as from what i have seen of the 19's over the last year or so i don't think he is particularly impressive.

Robbos Right Peg
There's always a smart a**e eh.

If you've not got the decency to be civil why bother.

Thanks to those that answered anyway.

FWIW, i just wondered, as from what i have seen of the 19's over the last year or so i don't think he is particularly impressive.

Your right sunshine I am a smart arse

Smart enough to know about Darren Murrays background in football without asking.

Why do you think what you have seen of the under 19's is all Darren Murrays fault ?

I'm maybe thinking that if you knew/saw anything of the under 19's you might have known what DM's background was already.

I know this is probably another smart arse answer in your view but my last one which was 'why'.............. so what chance do I have ?

jamboinglasgow
Darren is highly rated by Jefferies,Brown,John Murray,Levein,John Hughes,John McGlynn,Stevie Frail,Jimmy Calderwood,Sandy Clark,Csaba Lazlo and Vlad.

I also know that 95% of the lads at Riccarton enjoy working with him,anyone who seen Soccer AM skill school would have seen the team spirit,fostered by him.

My nephew is under his charge and he thinks he is really good,hard but fair.

He(Darren) is a died in the wool Jambo,who if not employed by the club would still be at all games home & away.

Everyone knows that that results/scorers are not important at U19 but it is the thing most people on here ask first...rather than 'how did we play?'

I would like to see a European coach ,Dutch would do;) to work alongside Darren.

I think an european coach would work well for hearts youth, or even a few more to help give youth players a mix of football coaching. As I said before a skills coach would be a great addition.

As for Darren Murry, when I first saw him at an U19 match thought he was a bit odd subbing players before half time. But from what I have heard he is a good coach who will be fair on players who work hard (a reason I think why he and copil fell out before, persume the situation is better now.)

I was reading an article in the EEN where Csaba talks up Darren as an example of a father figure that he wants his coaches to be to the young players.

Smart enough to know about Darren Murrays background in football without asking.

Why do you think what you have seen of the under 19's is all Darren Murrays fault ?

I'm maybe thinking that if you knew/saw anything of the under 19's you might have known what DM's background was already.

I know this is probably another smart arse answer in your view but my last one which was 'why'.............. so what chance do I have ?

Who the **** rattled your cage?

Adi asked a question - seems pretty fair to me.

I've now seen your opinions on a couple of threads and you have a a really nasty attitude on you. I hope you are drunk, hungover or just really grumpy today as you are coming across like a right little scrote...

basher the jambo
Darren is highly rated by Jefferies,Brown,John Murray,Levein,John Hughes,John McGlynn,Stevie Frail,Jimmy Calderwood,Sandy Clark,Csaba Lazlo Meadows and Vlad.

They guy was good enough to come along and give us two training sessions(On two freezing cold Sunday nights), When we were training for the charity match.

He was outstanding the vibes he gave out was out of the world he knew what he wantd to do and put it across to the players.

The guy loves hearts to bits and i think its good to have people like him involed with Hearts.

I think he played with Hutchie Vale, or it might have been Tynecastle in his younger days, from what i remember he was a midfield player then. I played against him a few times and as one poster said i think he had a bad leg break, not sure at what age he had this. If i am right and it was Hutchie he played for he would have played in the same team as Alan Preston.

Jambof3tornado

The hard but fair comment is very true. I was at stirling uni watching Hearts u19's play falkirk u19's last year,a terrible tackle saw Mcgowan(think it was him) put up in the air and land akwardly on his bum, Darren shouted "are you alright??",the reply was slow in coming,and a little groggy "yes",Darren then yelled back "well get the F up then and track back if your not hurt!!!".

Happy enough in his job and I am sure he will one day go on and manage/coach a premier team(SPL).

Nice bloke too.

:rofl:

You've got anger management issues.

It was a simple enough question.

Sunshine?

:rofl:

I've now seen your opinions on a couple of threads and you have a a really nasty attitude on you. I hope you are drunk, hungover or just really grumpy today as you are coming across like a right little scrote...

:rofl::thumb:

Five out of Five...well Done!!!:P

When he went FT at Hearts he effectively gave up his job security with the Post Office for initially less money.

All the players I speak cannot speak highly enough of him and Davie Cowan (Under 17).

Buffalo Bill

I knew him from 'back in the day'. He helped coach the boys club I played for during his spell out with his broken leg.

A few years after that I'd have a pint with him in Gorgie.

He's a good Saughton boy. Top bloke.

Buffalo Bill

I knew him from 'back in the day'. He helped coach the boys club I played for during his spell out with his broken leg.

A few years after that I'd have a pint with him in Gorgie.

He's a good Saughton boy. Top bloke.

Buffalo Bill

Did your brother kick him up the jacksie for missing penalties though? :eek:

He's a good lad and without doubt is Hearts through and through.

He came out to train the Jambos KB squad at Riccarton a couple of times on a Sunday evening. His enthuasiasm for the game and all things Hearts is evident for all to see.

His and Gary Locke's training sessions were the hardest yet most enjoyable football training sessions I've had.

Buffalo Bill
Did your brother kick him up the jacksie for missing penalties though? :eek:

There would be no need.

I take the penalties around here. :rolleyes:

Buffalo Bill

There would be no need.

I take the penalties around here. :rolleyes:

Buffalo Bill

True, we can tell that by the way you hobble. :rolleyes:

Archived