New Wave...

The Comedian

The Comedian

Watched Pop Britannia last night, enjoyed all the new-wave music Immensely. I've never really paid much attention to all the synth based music before but I've been checking It out today and really enjoy it.

What's peoples opinions on It all? I'm too young to have been there at the time, seem's quite strange but the music was good. Any other new wave tunes you people could suggest?

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

New Wave covered quite a few different musical styles.

But if you're wanting to hear synth based music from that time then check out some of the following.

Gary Numan - or God as I like to call him. :)

Ultravox

A Flock of Seagulls

Depeche Mode

Human League

John Foxx

Alphaville

The Buggles

Propaganda

OMD

Yazoo

That should keep you busy for a good few days :)

ArmiyaRomanova
Watched Pop Britannia last night, enjoyed all the new-wave music Immensely. I've never really paid much attention to all the synth based music before but I've been checking It out today and really enjoy it.

What's peoples opinions on It all? I'm too young to have been there at the time, seem's quite strange but the music was good. Any other new wave tunes you people could suggest?

Aren't you getting your New Wave and New Romantics mixed up ?

New Wave is generally referred to music influenced by, and following punk, but which wasn't punk !

Bands like Dr Feelgood;Television, Patti Smith, and even Blondie; Elvis Costello, Tom Robinson and Joe Jackson. Tom Petty, The Ramones and Talking Heads were all at one time, referred to as New Wave.

Later New Wave became more dark and less pop-influenced.Groups like Siouxsie & the Banshees & The Cure fell into the genre

Reckon the Punk/New Wave period was the most fruitful in British music history and any of the above bands are worth a listen imho.

Jamie_the_Jambo

Some good. Devo. Wall of. Some dodgy. Residents.

I actually saw the residents way back at the Queens Hall edinburgh. And saw one of them without his big eye on. I saw a resident !!! I know I did.

Jamie

Archived