Do we really need a striker that badly considering ....

Jamie_the_Jambo

Jamie_the_Jambo

we have scored more goals than anyone else in the league up to this point?

Is it that when we get a striker our tally will rocket?

Please ponder.....?

Jamie

I find it disturbing that we need a goalscorer that badly that we are looking at Ratboy!

:(

Yes, we need AT LEAST one new striker.

We are creating alot of chances at the moment but our failure to convert them into goals has aready seen us booted out of one competition.

With one or two dead-eye strikers, we'll convert our chances into goals and then we will see just how good this rejuvenated team of ours is.

Jamie_the_Jambo

I was being a little facetious methinks.

But it was a thought of how we really could indeed improve !

I think rearend will not only score goals but will set them up for whomsoever he partners.

However, I do not think he is mature enough or professional enough to move to hearts. If Maurice Johnston had the balls to cross the glasgow devide then deekyboy has got it easy really. He just isnt mature for a footballer of 25 years. The hibs casual mentality he has will haunt him if he doesnt grow up. He still has the potential to be really really good footballer for any club and his country. But time is running out for him. 25 years old deekyboy tick tock tick tock....

Jamie

I think rearend will not only score goals but will set them up for whomsoever he partners.

However, I do not think he is mature enough or professional enough to move to hearts. If Maurice Johnston had the balls to cross the glasgow devide then deekyboy has got it easy really. He just isnt mature for a footballer of 25 years. The hibs casual mentality he has will haunt him if he doesnt grow up. He still has the potential to be really really good footballer for any club and his country. But time is running out for him. 25 years old deekyboy tick tock tick tock....

Jamie

Signing for Hearts could be the making of him, if he lets it. This would be an ideal opportunity to rid himself of his mistakes in the past and prove that he can move on and mature into a proper professional footballer.

A lot of ifs there, including actually signing for us in the first instance.

Jamie

I worry that Strachan has ruined Ratboy in the short term (Not just for us but as a potential international) - if we sign him it might take half a season to get him back to how he played for Hibs and by then the crowd will hate him far more than they do already.

Yes, we need AT LEAST one new striker.

We are creating alot of chances at the moment but our failure to convert them into goals has aready seen us booted out of one competition.

With one or two dead-eye strikers, we'll convert our chances into goals and then we will see just how good this rejuvenated team of ours is.

We're not after Shiels as well are we? ;)

The Wicker Man

The goals against is slighty worrying.

Though it's good that we are scoring goals through the chances we are creating - in the fact we are not having to rely on one individual or partnership.

A fully fit Christian Nade, Mike Tullberg and Gary Glenn would add to the options we already have.

Though signing a decent goalscorer could only benefit the team.

Buffalo Bill

I'd be happy if all our current stikers were fit and we PLAYED TWO up front.

Tullberg (let's hope he's a player).

Nade (a good player hiding in there somewhere)

Glen (a promising youngster)

Mole (a worker, if not a natuaral scorer - yet?)

Buffalo Bill

I thought Rearend had snoted Strachan at training, that is why he was outed?

He might be good but he is personality challenged!

Janskauskas Bednar Pospilsil and even Elliot at the time, of course we need more than 1 striker. Even if it is to hold the ball up to allow the midfield to break through ala Hartley and Skacel, god i'm about to cry just thinking about it, on goes the semi final again, FTH GIRUY

I thought Rearend had snoted Strachan at training, that is why he was outed?

He might be good but he is personality challenged!

imo Strachan is a class A arsebucket, he has the man management skills of a pig. Dont mean he isnt a good manager - he is, and Celtic will likely win the league again, but his personality makes him very incomplete in that he will only ever get the best out of the willing players, he loses the plot with the guys that need tlc, and Ratboy is definitely one of them.

Do you know where hell is

We just need someone to convert our chances, today at the game we could have scored a couple more easily if we just had someone with the killer instinct, imo of course.

grumpyespana

Buffalo Bill

Lets be clear here BB its okay saying give some of our strikers time but in the clear light of day Nade & Mole are not good enough punt them, as for Tullberg he is a unknown quantity and as for Glen he is just a young lad who given time me be the answer to our prayers.So as the speculation reaches a frenzy I hope we sign a goalscorer before the window closes I do not care if he came from outer Mongolia if he scores goals that will do me.

Grumpy.

I guess we must trust Csaba's judgement here.

The OP says we have scored more than any other team. But our goal difference is only +1 so we are leaking them at a similar rate.

As stated elsewhere we have strikers who are still to appear so we seem to have options. On balance, I would prefer to spend any money on the defence. Not as sexy but perhaps a more efficient way of increasing the GD ?

We need a finisher to prevent more results like the Airdrie one.

At present we are dominating games but only sneaking single goal wins. We need a quality striker to win matches when we play poorly.

Yes. A goalscorer would make 3rd a likelihood rather than a possibility imo. None of the current strikers will get us regular goals.

Charlie-Brown

In the formation we play it is the main strikers job to link play & work the opposition defenders and take the brunt of their attention - also chipping in as many goals as possible is required however it is the player who plays in the position that Kingston/Obua played yesterday that will get the most opportunities if they play the position correctly - a natural goalscoring attacking-midfielder in the Skacel / Hartley / C.Cameron mould is what we require to play that position...currently in the SPL then Don Cowie of Inverness comes closest to that and we could probably get him for the same kind of money as Riordan without all the extra baggage & hassle factor.

Guest JamboRobbo

Buffalo Bill

The problem I see Bill, is that it'd be a bit of a gamble. Tullberg MIGHT be a star. or Nade MIGHT find fitness/form. Or Glen/Mole MIGHT reach a level of strenght/maturity where they start to shine.

I'd be a lot happier if we had at least one proven striker, with 3 or 4 backups who we'd hope that at least one or maybe two of them will come good.

Charlie-Brown
Boyd isn't playing for Rangers today.

Perhaps we are in to sign him? :rofl:

He's got less work rate & movement than Velicka - we'd be better offering ?500K to bring the popular Andrius back than spend a whole lot more on the lazy Hun lard-ass.

He's got less work rate & movement than Velicka - we'd be better offering ?500K to bring the popular Andrius back than spend a whole lot more on the lazy Hun lard-ass.

No thanks. Not a popular opinion here. Boyd vs Velicka - and you would choose Velicka? :rofl:

no team will have success where the main striker cant put away one on one attempts and scores only 1 out of every 7 or more goals that the team score

every game we have won clinging on because 1. we dont score our chances, and 2. we cant keep a clean sheet.

As the season progresses this will lead to a load of dropped points

We need a goal scorer. If Riordan is the only proven goalscorer we have in our sights Vlad needs to make sure we get him.

Charlie-Brown
No thanks. Not a popular opinion here. Boyd vs Velicka - and you would choose Velicka? :rofl:

Yes - Boyd is a better goalscorer but he is a lazy fat Hun b'stard and I don't like him - another player I'd never want to see in Maroon - although his career would probably on the downhill slide before he'd ever want to sign for us - I'm glad about that.

I like Andrius Velicka and think he's a good goalscorer especially at Hearts.

You think Robbie Neilson is a good footballer so I don't see how you can reasonably laugh at anyone else. ;)

we'd have been better not getting rid of our only regular goalscorer, whom had cost us nothing, and for whom we only got pennies, in the first place....

winston churchill

ibrox apart,we have bossed every game this season and should be taking more of the chances.

also,it seems that most of our goals are coming from midfield/defenders.

Given that we've played 4 SPL Games and haven't yet kept a clean sheet I'd say the more pressing issue is building a more reliable the back four.

Whether this can be done using the existing resources or not is another question

winston churchill
We need a finisher to prevent more results like the Airdrie one.

At present we are dominating games but only sneaking single goal wins. We need a quality striker to win matches when we play poorly.

another good point.

did we not have 18 corners & 8 shots on target v st.midden.

We can pass the ball about in midfield and defence to our heart's content - as we did yesterday. But without a decent outlet or two upfront we will end up running out of options and gifting it back to the opposition.

Chris Benoit
We can pass the ball about in midfield and defence to our heart's content - as we did yesterday. But without a decent outlet or two upfront we will end up running out of options and gifting it back to the opposition.

I agree :eek:

Greedy_Jambo
we have scored more goals than anyone else in the league up to this point?

Is it that when we get a striker our tally will rocket?

Please ponder.....?

Jamie

In a word. Yes.

Ray Winstone

We had the answer to the problem and punted him to Norway only for him to sign for Rangers.

The frustrating thing is we would not have been having a conversation about needing a goal scorer or contemplating the arrival of Rat Boy if Velicka had been kept.

Greedy_Jambo
We had the answer to the problem and punted him to Norway only for him to sign for Rangers.

The frustrating thing is we would not have been having a conversation about needing a goal scorer or contemplating the arrival of Rat Boy if Velicka had been kept.

Even if we had velicka i'd still want another striker. And when i say striker i mean someone that is deadly infront of goal. Not like the current lot of strikers we have. If i was the manager i would be desperate to bring in a creative player with some flair aswell. Someone with skill and a good football brain. We're Seriously lacking in that department.

Maybe this new midfielder from kaunas is the player we need. But i somehow doubt it.

Ray Winstone
Even if we had velicka i'd still want another striker. And when i say striker i mean someone that is deadly infront of goal. Not like the current lot of strikers we have. If i was the manager i would be desperate to bring in a creative player with some flair aswell. Someone with skill and a good football brain. We're Seriously lacking in that department.

Leave the flair to the 'experts' down Leith way.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Probs get shot down for this but we should be signing someone like Webster because we seem to be leaking to many goals.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Maybe this new midfielder from kaunas is the player we need. But i somehow doubt it.

Velicka was deadly in front of goal!

Ray Winstone
Probs get shot down for this but we should be signing someone like Webster because we seem to be leaking to many goals.

Or Pressley!

Archived