At the start of the season, did you think that we would have won 9 points out of 12?

Craigieboy

At the start of the season, did you think that we would have won 9 points out of 12?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. At the start of the season, did you think that we would have won 9 points out of 12?

• No
    • Yes

loveofthegame

When the fixtures came out i was very confident we'd be very well placed after the 1st round of games.

Our midfield should overrun everyone outside the OF

Motherwell and St Mirren home, Rangers and Hamilton away. I think I'd be disappointed if most Hearts fans expected less than 9 from that to be honest. We've had many difficulties recently, but as someone once said, we are Hearts, we don't fear anybody, least of all them.

Motherwell and St Mirren home, Rangers and Hamilton away. I think I'd be disappointed if most Hearts fans expected less than 9 from that to be honest. We've had many difficulties recently, but as someone once said, we are Hearts, we don't fear anybody, least of all them.

With no new faces at the opening I was sceptical.

I feared M'well, Rangers & then after the Hamilton v DUFC game, I feared them as well.

9 out of 12 is good, all things considered.

If only we had a prolific goalscorer.

Fergie_Jambo

I suppose when you look at last season, it's as good as we could expect. Very pleasing to keep winning against teams we would probably have dropped points to last year.

With the Csaba coming to the club late (in terms of full preperation) I thought it might take a while to settle with the new style he's introduced. Well done to them all for digging out results, when it's clear they are still getting used to the new ideas.

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I feared M'well, Rangers & then after the Hamilton v DUFC game, I feared them as well.

Life is full of if's and but's but if we were to sign a goalscorer in the next 2 days, and the players we already have consistently play to their capabilities over a long period of time, we should finish 3rd fairly easily i think. Motherwell dont look as good as last year. United look very shaky, and Aberdeen and Hibs are still not strong enough

I suppose when you look at last season, it's as good as we could expect. Very pleasing to keep winning against teams we would probably have dropped points to last year.

With the Csaba coming to the club late (in terms of full preperation) I thought it might take a while to settle with the new style he's introduced. Well done to them all for digging out results, when it's clear they are still getting used to the new ideas.

We've had a habit of dropping points to newly promoted teams for a few years now. A win today was a good result IMO. We did lose a goal but it wasn't a case of them getting themselves back on level terms and leaving us with it all to do again - unlike the Motherwell / St Cheating *******s Midden games. As an absolute minimum its just got to have been another confidence boost for the players. Lets hope we can get a wee run going now.

Fair enough mate. Prolific goalscorers are sought the world over but, that aside, our players are far from without ability. Last year they were(for the most part), without belief in themselves and each other, organisation and morale. This was addressed quickly and the early comments coming out suggested a decent start was not beyond us and, Airdrie aside (I think we all posted in anger/disappointment that night), the determination to do well is more than encouraging.

If this was the tail end of last season Motherwell would have got a late winner against us, Rangers would still have beaten us, St Mirren would have got a late equaliser against us and Hamilton would have drawn with us today.

I'm delighted with the 9 points thank you very much.

john brownlee

Well there you go I was expecting us to beat the rankers but as usual it didn't happen, nothing changes as for the rest should be no contest.

never happy when we dont fulfil our true potencial but as things are with other influences going on I think its about right and we are well above the vermin

come on the mighty JTs

I agree.

I hadn't thought about a points tally if I was to be honest, but would NEVER expect less than three points for Motherwell and St Mirren at home. Whilst one off games happen, we should not be dropping points at home to these teams.

As for Hamilton away, I don't feel they have bought well. I feel that they should have added some top league experience to their good young players, instead they have brought in more youngsters. Given that, a trip to the newly promoted side should have been full of optimism for three points.

I never expect anything from Glasgow. I go on the theory that ONE POINT at either Ibrox or Parkhead in a season is a bonus.

I agree.

I hadn't thought about a points tally if I was to be honest, but would NEVER expect less than three points for Motherwell and St Mirren at home. Whilst one off games happen, we should not be dropping points at home to these teams.

As for Hamilton away, I don't feel they have bought well. I feel that they should have added some top league experience to their good young players, instead they have brought in more youngsters. Given that, a trip to the newly promoted side should have been full of optimism for three points.

I never expect anything from Glasgow. I go on the theory that ONE POINT at either Ibrox or Parkhead in a season is a bonus.

And so say most of us if we're honest, pity really.

I have voted no, as going by last season, which is all I had to go on, I felt we may make the same mistakes early on until Csaba was able to influence things fully.

On paper I certainly felt we could take fulll points from Well, Saints and Hamilton. So its a no but also a yes if you understand what I'm getting at.

:)

And so say most of us if we're honest, pity really.

I'd love to feel differently, but the truth is our track record proves it correct.

Breaking off on a tangent, isn't it mental that we got a good point at Parkhead, something that was worthy of celebration, and our owner felt we should have won 4-1 and was disappointed?

I'd love to feel differently, but the truth is our track record proves it correct.

Breaking off on a tangent, isn't it mental that we got a good point at Parkhead, something that was worthy of celebration, and our owner felt we should have won 4-1 and was disappointed?

Anagram comp.

Know what you mean though, we've 'competed' well through there of late but still question whether our players truly believe they can win.

Jam Tarts 1874

I expected a nervous draw at home to Motherwell, otherwise things have been much as anticipated.

There are a lot of youngsters in our team, I hope that we don't see any further repeats of the outpouring of bile that followed the Airdrie cup exit. As Csaba says, you cannot win every game.

John Findlay

Nine from twelve is a very good start for this season. Long may it continue.

No I didnt expect nine at all. Six was what I was expecting.

John

The Old Tolbooth

I feared St Mirren too cos I'm a big fearty when it comes to Hearts! (plus they're our bogey side)

Archived