Audrey/Stewart

quitongo

Anyone see what happened between them at the end of the game, saw Audrey running towards and getting held back from Mikey. Must have been something said by Stewart?

Anyone see what happened between them at the end of the game, saw Audrey running towards and getting held back from Mikey. Must have been something said by Stewart?

Im just speculatin here but right at the end of the match shammy made an erse of a pass/chance to score. Might have something to do with it.

maroonlegions
Im just speculatin here but right at the end of the match shammy made an erse of a pass/chance to score. Might have something to do with it.

well good on Mikey for giving him it tight we might have needed to score that chance.:rolleyes::cool:

Audrey ran towards Mikey, while Mikey was holding him back.

How does that work?

How does that work?

Held back from going towards him.

How does that work?

Eh? Read it again!

thehibsareintheirbeds

it was a shocking bit of play from the wee man and stewart gave him pelters- quite rightly too...dont think audrey was too impressed...hence the afters

The Real Wilson
it was a shocking bit of play from the wee man and stewart gave him pelters- quite rightly too...dont think audrey was too impressed...hence the afters

Probably the reason he is not captain. From my own experience, the last thing you want in a captain is criticism of their own players. It can be the difference between recovering from a mistake to have a good game, and going on to have a shocker! You need encouragement when you make mistakes, or maybe constructive criticism. Not pelters!

Probably the reason he is not captain. From my own experience, the last thing you want in a captain is criticism of their own players. It can be the difference between recovering from a mistake to have a good game, and going on to have a shocker! You need encouragement when you make mistakes, or maybe constructive criticism. Not pelters!

But he isnt captain

He's perfectly entitled to give pelters

Defenders give other defenders pelters all the time, keepers give defenders pelters loads, Csaba gives Makela a clip around the ear....

Its football. Its passionate. You dont want a team full of robots (unless you are Vlad I guess...)

Mikey was right to dig on him for that.

We had 3 on 3 just outside their area with about a minute to go and Audrey made a titanic arse of whatever it was that he tried to do.

We had 3 on 3 just outside their area with about a minute to go and Audrey made a titanic arse of whatever it was that he tried to do.

Agree. Was surprised at how mental he seemed to go at full time though.

What happened to being 'TOGETHER' :sad:

It's called being passionate and caring what happens on the pitch.

I'd rather have players that give a toss.

The Real Wilson
But he isnt captain

He's perfectly entitled to give pelters

Defenders give other defenders pelters all the time, keepers give defenders pelters loads, Csaba gives Makela a clip around the ear....

Its football. Its passionate. You dont want a team full of robots (unless you are Vlad I guess...)

Anybody is entitled to give anyone pelters. I think Mikey is almost the ideal candidate for captain, his only problem being that sometimes he looks like he criticises alot rather than encourages, a bit moany. I've played with his type before, and trust me it's no good having someone on your own team telling you 'that was f***** sh**', when you make a mistake, mistakes are a blow to your confidence so you need encouragement.

gorgie rd eh11

Stewart, quite rightly, gave him a mouthful against airdrie on Wednesday for not chasing back. He should listen to what he's being told, and stop it from happening again, by working his a**e off and not giving the ball away.

I agree with you but Stewart was giving pelters to all last season and he got slaughtered for it on here.:eek:

I agree with you but Stewart was giving pelters to all last season and he got slaughtered for it on here.:eek:

I suspect that was because last year Mikey was guilty of playing pi$h too, so it came over a bit hypocritical. This year he's raised his game and as such is entitled to berate those who are below par. Just my opinion :)

Do you know where hell is

Imo mickey should be the captain, he is by far the most vocal on the pitch and to be honest, when he goes mental at certain players, i tend to agree as it nine times out of ten how i feel myself.

When he makes a mistake and is given it tight he seems to accept it and move on. One thing i noticed today and was impressed with, was zali's communication. When we had to defend or a pass went astray he was constanlty motioning to the team to calm down and keep it simple. Not his biggest fan but others faith in him doesnt appear to be as misplaced as i originally thought.

Anybody is entitled to give anyone pelters. I think Mikey is almost the ideal candidate for captain, his only problem being that sometimes he looks like he criticises alot rather than encourages, a bit moany. I've played with his type before, and trust me it's no good having someone on your own team telling you 'that was f***** sh**', when you make a mistake, mistakes are a blow to your confidence so you need encouragement.

Roy Keane was "a bit moany".

Always thought Michael Stewart should've been captain but he has problems with indiscipline himself. It'd be very difficult for a player to have respect for someone that gets involved with refs and other players as much as he does. Still wouldn't have Berra as captain but going through the whole squad, it's hard to say who'd be good at the job, only one i can think of would be Neilson, but only because of his age and experience.

exactly the reason why he should be captain,someone who gives a rocket when needed and tries to get the team going at every opportunity unlike berra who whilst being a decent player is not a captain

cue the mikey stewart hatemob ganging up on me

The Future's Maroon

I think its good that even when winning a game, Stewart still has the heart to say something.....last season no-one would have gave a toss. Ok, it probably should have benn done in the dressing room and not on the pitch....but it shows he cares.

exactly the reason why he should be captain,someone who gives a rocket when needed and tries to get the team going at every opportunity unlike berra who whilst being a decent player is not a captain

cue the mikey stewart hatemob ganging up on me

I think he's being groomed for captaincy by Csaba...in a non-pervy way of course. Going on what he has said thus far about Mikey, he definitely sees him as an integral part of the team and one of its natural leaders.

However, I think this season could make or break Mikey one way or another. He's started well, he's been rewarded with his manager's support and a place in the Scotland squad. If he screws this up, people aren't likely to give him that chance again. I hope he takes it, because I'm convinced he could be a great player for us if he just sorts out the attitude a little bit. And I'd much prefer him to be yelling at his own team mates than the ref....

Having missed a penalty the previous weekend I would have thought that Mikey Stewart wasn't in a strong position to give other people pelters for missing their chances.

silent assassin
theres mistakes and mistakes that cost points that almst cost us 2 pts the pass to be made was back into the box not atempt to take on 3 players and squaff it.make the easy pass:107years:

Marmeladent?rtchen

Nice to see Mikey telling it straight.

'If' Vlad is picking the team etc. it kinda good that Mikey is pointing out playier mistakes.

A some of our managers have not been in the position to drop players for being guff due to Vlad.

If Mikey has a go at least the player knows about it!!

I think the real question is what happened to Chesney and his wife?

Still trying for kids?

Always thought Michael Stewart should've been captain but he has problems with indiscipline himself. It'd be very difficult for a player to have respect for someone that gets involved with refs and other players as much as he does. Still wouldn't have Berra as captain but going through the whole squad, it's hard to say who'd be good at the job, only one i can think of would be Neilson, but only because of his age and experience.

I absolutely agree with everything written here.

portobellojambo1

Although I didn't notice the incident with Ksanavicius what I did notice during the game was Michael Stewart constantly offering praise to people who were doing well, and occasionally commenting to people if they had made a daft mistake. Absolutely no problems with that whatsoever.

If some people are only willing to accept praise, but not criticism, that is a sad reflection on said people, as in this case with Ksanavicius.

After Csaba's influence, Michael Stewart has been the single biggest reason we are doing reasonably well this season.

After Csaba's influence, Michael Stewart has been the single biggest reason we are doing reasonably well this season.

Ha has, but he still seems to teeter on the edge of getting booked for dissent or an over reaction to losing the ball or a tackle. He'd never get away with that in Moorfoot View. :P

Cardiac Rucksack

I saw it as Audrey running to Stewart to celebrate but mickey pushed him away as he was still ****ed about the incident at the edge of the box then it sort of got to hand bags after that

mmmm Stewart's certainly been "reborn"...(I say that as one of his biggest critics last season....pity he still moans at others when HE makes a duff pass tho'). Personally speaking I believe that the vastly improved form of big Zal has had plenty to do with our performance this season :)

Cardiac Rucksack
mmmm Stewart's certainly been "reborn"...(I say that as one of his biggest critics last season....pity he still moans at others when HE makes a duff pass tho'). Personally speaking I believe that the vastly improved form of big Zal has had plenty to do with our performance this season :)

He has sold every goal we have lost this season dont you know, you cant have seen many games:cool:

I liked Kello going mental at the defence after the Hamilton goal - showed he actually cares what happens, unlike many other players last year...

He has sold every goal we have lost this season dont you know, you cant have seen many games:cool:

You're gonna have to back that up or people will just think you're a choob.

You're gonna have to back that up or people will just think you're a choob.

Someone's sarcasm radar isn't working today.

marshallschunkychicken

Watched Mikey quite closely against St Mirren.

His communication was exemplary, and for that game he was the captain in all but name, constantly encouraging, cajoling, and just generally organising the team.

Been really impressed with him this season.

Guest JamboRobbo
Stewart, quite rightly, gave him a mouthful against airdrie on Wednesday for not chasing back. He should listen to what he's being told, and stop it from happening again, by working his a**e off and not giving the ball away.

Spot on. I was reading through this thread wondering why nobody else was saying that, when it's a pretty basic aspect of football teams.

Thats why woman dont play in the same team...

When the going gets tough.......

get a man.

Archived