Players we had and lost

keymaster

Hi

Now I could have got this all wrong but I can't help notice that we need good players in certain positions yet we have let players go for not massive sums of money that have went elsewhere and proved to be worth far more than we got and now we need quality in those positions.

Examples I would give would be Ricardo Fuller and Anti Niemmi

or have I got it completely wrong?

thanks

Key

Hi

Now I could have got this all wrong but I can't help notice that we need good players in certain positions yet we have let players go for not massive sums of money that have went elsewhere and proved to be worth far more than we got and now we need quality in those positions.

thanks

Key

Those would have been back in the days of the Pie where we needed the money though, so not really sure how relevant your point is. Since then we have got fair amounts for everyone we've sold.

IMO.

Edit: and the two of them have been away for a long time, are you suggesting we should have kept them all that time? Only Elvis/Robbie were here for a long time since then.

And gordon wouldn't have come through the ranks to be sold for ?9m.

Some one once told me we had James McFadden on are books as a youth.

Is that true!!!

Yes. Think there was a bit of a falling out with his dad and one of the coaches or something, and his dad took him elsewhere.

kissthebadge
Hi

thanks

Key

Hmmm, I think the ?11+ million we got for Roman Bednar and Craig Gordon says otherwise.

Is that true!!!

Yes.

IIRC, there was an issue surrounding the Milk Cup (POSSIBLY discipline) and McFadden left the club.

the stone rose

Is that true!!!

yep. father took offence at the club wanting to discipline mcfadden for actions in a game and took him to motherwell. so i heard anyway!

winston churchill
Yes.

IIRC, there was an issue surrounding the Milk Cup (POSSIBLY discipline) and McFadden left the club.

did JJ not empty him out for being a wee naff..............turning up late for training ect.

Archived