Riordan loan deal thrown out

12XU

If we go back with a cash offer and have accepted. Hibs will therefore go back with a cash offer to make sure we do not get him.

He will then end up at Hibs.

Wouldn't mind one dot if we signed him. Football at times is extremely petty. He is a quality player who can take us onto the next level. ie instead of fighting for third, strolling to third (Well not strolling but certainly easier than it will be with the squad we have).

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charlie-Brown
We need a striker who can score goals.

I don't like him or his family but I'd take him.

I'm desperate.

We're not that desperate DH that we'd have violent thuggish Hearts-HATERS in our team surely?

I can't see it happening in a million years but we should do everything that we can to make it happen.

I don't like the guy but he is a goalscorer and that's what we are crying out for. He wouldn't need time to settle into the Scottish game (which is what happens with virtually every single player we've signed recently) and the transfer fee would be affordable. If he scored goals for us, we'd finish higher up the league and we could sell him for much more than we'd paid for him.

Yes it would be a huge risk but he would cost less money and be on less wages than we paid for Nade this time last season. Have we got a return from him? No.

I'm fed up seeing affordable, talented players from the SPL that we could have signed if we'd just been sensible and been willing to try. Instead we've got a lot of no marks that have given us virtually nothing back.

Known as the rat.

He'd never be accepted at Tynecastle and he knows it.

Rubbish, he'd only be given a hard time by a small (minded) minority. I for one would welcome him if he could recapture his form of 2-3 years ago

Don't think we should take a guy who is on the way down. Doubt the hunger would still be there, especially to do well for Hearts.

Charlie-Brown
Don't think we should take a guy who is on the way down. Doubt the hunger would still be there, especially to do well for Hearts.

Correct!

I think we have taken enough gambles on danaged goods and got burned every time.

Move on:(

Exactamundo :thumb:

We won't sign Riordan but he is an example of the standard of player we could do with, not yet another huddy from FC Nobody.

think it's maybe worth pointing out that for all DR's faults the reality is that he's just a daft laddie who hangs about with the wrong crowd and gets into more trouble than a man of his age should. Some of the names he's been called on this forum are way over the top - has he done time in prison, been involved in racially motivated assaults or stubbed a cigar out in a team-mates face? Newcastle seem to think Joey Barton deserves another chance so why are some of our fans so blinkered when it comes to DR?

He wouldn't. Fact.

If he scored goals, he would be revered (in a post-modernist kinda way!); if he fired blanks, he would be reviled. So, to succeed at Tynecastle, he would need to hit the ground running and keep running for his entire stay with Hearts. A tall order in anyone's books.

Romario did it when he returned to Brasil to play for his previous arch-enemy team and scored his 1000th goal for them.

think it's maybe worth pointing out that for all DR's faults the reality is that he's just a daft laddie who hangs about with the wrong crowd and gets into more trouble than a man of his age should. Some of the names he's been called on this forum are way over the top - has he done time in prison, been involved in racially motivated assaults or stubbed a cigar out in a team-mates face? Newcastle seem to think Joey Barton deserves another chance so why are some of our fans so blinkered when it comes to DR?

No just racist singing.

Cardiac Rucksack

he is exactly te type of person that VR thinks he can change and will see him a a pet project just like Pinilla. For that reason I can see us going back in with a cash offer acceptable to Celtic, it will all then depend on what the tache does, will he push the boat out and jeapordise the new stand at fester, and by doing that damage his and farmers escape plan?

winston churchill
Waste of time even putting bids in-Ratboy has already signed for the Hobbos according to his Uncle James over on themessiahhasreturned.net

Seemingly the excuse he has not been paraded is that Celtic wont pick up the phone to conclude :4_1_72:

Cmon Hearts 2 days 15 hours and 30 minutes to go :surprise:

uncle jimmys a liar and also knows diddly.

anybody else remember his landrover gate thread on bottomsixhoofball.net;)

We've had at our Club in the past 2 decades..........

A big poof.

A proven drug user.

A man jailed for having sex with an under age girl.

A night clubbing Chilean.

Standards ?

Your having a laugh.

Dead right.

I'm finding it very funny the moral standings being used to justify exclusion. Since when did being a nice boy apply to the signing of a player?

Personally I couldn't care who has played for what team and what they have said in some nightclub in the past (I drew the line at Rix), what I care about is if the player would improve the Hearts team. Riordan certainly would. No question.

The thing is, Celtic turned down bids of 500k and 800k for him so why would they agree to loan him in the last year of his contract to a rival team?

If Hearts did try to get him on loan it shows that we are not really serious in trying to sign him. An embarrassing approach if true.

VR will not spend a penny so we won't stand a chance of getting Riordan or Gow for that matter. Shame really.

No just racist singing.

If you're over 40 Martin, you will no doubt remember the times when the home support at Tynecastle used to sing the sash, or possibly remember when bananas were thrown at Mark Walters. Doesn't excuse what DR was caught doing but we've all done stupid things in life that we regretted later, have we not?

The Old Tolbooth

A big poof.

A proven drug user.

Standards ?

Your having a laugh.

A sobering reality check there mate :D

Cardiac Rucksack
uncle jimmys a liar and also knows diddly.

anybody else remember his landrover gate thread on bottomsixhoofball.net;)

Think its his other uncle who has given this exclusive. Silverhibee, although they could be one in the same.

Guest GhostHunter
Think its his other uncle who has given this exclusive. Silverhibee, although they could be one in the same.

Silverhibee is Irvine Welsh...

Jambof3tornado

Any decision over Deek has to be a footballing one. What can he bring to the club?? The answer of course is a proven track record of scoring goals,with the probability of a good few stories in the papers of what he has or hasnt gotten up to on his latest night out,but given that its rare to see a positive article regarding Hearts then thats not something we should worry about.

Vlad.....get him signed on a 4 year deal.:)

I'd go as far to say that if Hibs sign Riordan and we sign nobody / a nobody it could cost us a UEFA Cup spot.

Marmeladent?rtchen

To put it simply, we want the on field Riordan (20 goals a season), and not the off field Riordan (Banned from every Pub in are city).

Also if Riordan was not so much a rat/hibe then he would be easier to accept.

My worry is that he is not the goal machine he once was so we land up signing a flop. (Mind you that is a gamble you make with any player, but rather a flop then a ratboy flop!!)

If Vlad wants a loan player, I would be keen for to look at Stokes from Sunderland, who is available on loan. He did well up here, and I think he would be more motivated to get his place back in the premier league. Not to sure what Riordan's motivation would be if he came to us on loan. What I mean is that if he wanted to get he carrier back on track he could work a little harder to get away from celtic, seem happy to pick up the cash at the moment!! IMO.

If Vlad wants a loan player, I would be keen for to look at Stokes from Sunderland, who is available on loan. He did well up here, and I think he would be more motivated to get his place back in the premier league.

Now that is a good shout. Unfortunately there is no chance Roy Keane will expose one of his young players to the madness of Tynecastle.

I can't see it happening in a million years but we should do everything that we can to make it happen.

I don't like the guy but he is a goalscorer and that's what we are crying out for. He wouldn't need time to settle into the Scottish game (which is what happens with virtually every single player we've signed recently) and the transfer fee would be affordable. If he scored goals for us, we'd finish higher up the league and we could sell him for much more than we'd paid for him.

Yes it would be a huge risk but he would cost less money and be on less wages than we paid for Nade this time last season. Have we got a return from him? No.

I'm fed up seeing affordable, talented players from the SPL that we could have signed if we'd just been sensible and been willing to try. Instead we've got a lot of no marks that have given us virtually nothing back.

Exactly. Why did anyone at Hearts think that one of our rivals would be willing to loan him over, so we could try before we buy? Never going to happen. Vlad should just pay up or give up.

I'd take him though, I think we could rehab the li'l bassa into something resembling a human being, and with us throwing money away on crap for the past few seasons, we at least know Rearend could do the business for us, and as EVERYONE knows, we really really need a goalscorer and we need one NOW.

Darth Sidious

Sorry but I am not in the state of mind that Hearts, who can't score to save themselves, can pass up the chance of signing one of the hottest prospects in Scottish football. Because that is what he was, Spartak wanted him before O'Connor. a big German team wanted him.

Celtic signed him to stop damaging them in games. He fell out with Strachan. Has not played much in 2 seasons. Is it worth a chance? When the gnome has given him a chance, he has scored.

Riordan signing for half million or less is a no brainer. We may only have to have him for a season, sell him down South for 3 million. We would also have 3rd place.

Come on guys accept it for 1 season. Or are you happy to go with Mole and Nade up front for the fight for top 6?

So there are two camps here

1) We hate Rearend he's a hobo fud jakey and I don't want him anywhere near my beloved club

2) All of you in Group 1 are narrow minded thugs and hooligans yourself who probably drink in Robbos and use an unneccessary "h" when describing anything Celtic related. Us in group 2 will be happy to accept him as he'll score 20 goals a year

A question for those in Group 2 - are you just ignoring his flaws/history because theres a prospect he'll score goals. Would you still accept him if he doesn't score goals?

Graham Thomson
Was Darren Jackson accepted by the majority or not?

Did Darren Jackson sings songs about one of Hearts best players being a refugee.....NO

So there are two camps here

1) We hate Rearend he's a hobo fud jakey and I don't want him anywhere near my beloved club

2) All of you in Group 1 are narrow minded thugs and hooligans yourself who probably drink in Robbos and use an unneccessary "h" when describing anything Celtic related. Us in group 2 will be happy to accept him as he'll score 20 goals a year

A question for those in Group 2 - are you just ignoring his flaws/history because theres a prospect he'll score goals. Would you still accept him if he doesn't score goals?

i`m in a 3rd camp

he was overrated and yeh he scored goals 3 seasons ago but hibs had better support for him then.he`s done nothing since he moved to celtic ,fell out with the manager who said he would never play again.BTW how many expect him to be fit enough to start playing right away?

then there is his off-field antics.RACIST SINGING,VIOLENT BEHAVIOUR both arrestable offenses,how long will it be before he does similar again and then convicted?

winston churchill

his other uncles called mikey..............no not the chubby x public school boy before anybody asks;)

Darth Sidious

Ronaldinho always came back late for pre season and Brazil internationals. He would be away partying and drinking. Did the Barca fans think less of him?

winston churchill
Did Darren Jackson sings songs about one of Hearts best players being a refugee.....NO

anybody remember what game he was our mascot;)

Geoff Kilpatrick
anybody remember what game he was our mascot;)

IIRC, it was the game we lost 1-0 to East Stirling! :eek:

The only way I would enjoy having the aforementioned scrotebag at Hearts would be if he never played for us and was forced to rot in the reserves...much as he is at the moment, come to think of it.

CornhillHearts

Did you come up from Oxford to watch DJ as he was mainly pants for Hearts KJ and DJ were poor value for the money paid out in my opinion. JJ would agree.

winston churchill
The only way I would enjoy having the aforementioned scrotebag at Hearts would be if he never played for us and was forced to rot in the reserves...much as he is at the moment, come to think of it.

signing him would be worth it just to noise up the lochend jakies.

shaun.lawson
Did you come up from Oxford to watch DJ as he was mainly pants for Hearts KJ and DJ were poor value for the money paid out in my opinion. JJ would agree.

James was certainly poor value - but Jackson wasn't. Without his impact after JJ bought him, we could well have gone down - and without what he did the following season, I don't think we'd have got into Europe either.

Certainly, he had a patch of poor form midseason, as did many of his teammates. But he got it back again. The following season (2000/1), I agree that he was struggling, but literally a couple of days before JJ left, a deal seemed to have been struck allowing him to play on. Which doesn't suggest Jefferies would agree with you, does it?

Oh, and I came up from Norwich and London to see him back then anyway. :)

Another day, another Rearend thread.

Plus ca change, plus ca meme chose

plus ?a change, plus c'est la m?me chose

He played well and made a big difference for us - but he was always more a support striker or attacking midfielder than a prolific goalgetter. But I'm undecided as to whether the majority accepted him: he was given a tremendous reception at his first game for us against Killie, but his goal celebrations later on - or rather, non-celebrations - were clearly motivated by his sense that his past was being held against him.

jackson never celebrated goals, it was a superstition thing. He only celebrated one goal(the opener in a derby) and hearts went on to lose the game 3-1.

Jackson was a good player for Hearts and helped save us from relegation. I used to record all the goals/games around that time and watch them over & over again. Jackson sttod out as having an influence in many of the goals we scored towards the end of that season.

Hated him when he was at Hibs (just had one of those faces), but his behaviour is not in the same league as Rearend.

Whats the betting Rearend actually reads this thread a pishes himself laughing. "They hate me, but think I'm great"

Gillsland jack
He played well and made a big difference for us - but he was always more a support striker or attacking midfielder than a prolific goalgetter. But I'm undecided as to whether the majority accepted him: he was given a tremendous reception at his first game for us against Killie, but his goal celebrations later on - or rather, non-celebrations - were clearly motivated by his sense that his past was being held against him.

Which is quite sad really because when Darren Jackson signed we were having a pretty poor season, but I remember him signing gave us a lift and he was good at getting his teamates up for games.

He was also good at noising opponents up early during games and most of them would spend most of the time looking to kick him.

I find it hard to explain why, but Jackson, and still feel dirty having seen him in a maroon strip. However, I would actually be pleased if Riordan signed.

The difference is that I think Riordan is a great player, while I never rated Jackson.

Gillsland jack

Are you having a giraffe, Jackson was a fantastic signing at the time and he did probably help prevent us get relegated that year, I think we were second bottom when he arrived.

Gillsland jack
I find it hard to explain why, but Jackson, and still feel dirty having seen him in a maroon strip. However, I would actually be pleased if Riordan signed.

The difference is that I think Riordan is a great player, while I never rated Jackson.

So you don't remember Jackson as a Hearts mascot then, he was hearts daft as a laddie, as was his old man. the reason you feel the way you do is because he would have an impact on games when he played against hearts.

A proven drug user.

Standards ?

Your having a laugh.

Not to forget at least 3 wife beaters and another 2 or 3 convicted of drink driving offences.

If people want representatives of their club to have impeccable lifestyles and moral standards they're having a laugh if they think they'll find it at Hearts or any other football club for that matter.

There is no good reason not to sign Riordan......end of.

Oh yes - Darren Jackson - the same person who hangs about with the Celtic squad at the Glasgow Hilton after games.He was a part time Jambo - nothing more.

Gillsland jack
Oh yes - Darren Jackson - the same person who hangs about with the Celtic squad at the Glasgow Hilton after games.He was a part time Jambo - nothing more.

Well the guy works as an agent now, I drink with Hibees at the weekend, sorry hibee b...stards, they are my mates, it does'nt stop me being hearts daft.

maroonlegions

if Mo Johnston can do it then Rearend can, do not like him as a person and all the bother he has been involved in but if he grew some b*** and new he would get games and be back in the shop window with a decent wage at Hearts then whats more appealing to him , rot at smeltic ,no future, no games, mmmm.BUT IF HE IS WILLING TO TAKE A MASSIVE WAGE CUT THEN ITS THE HOBOS HE WILL GO TO.:rolleyes:

Jim Spence saying it's now between Hearts and Hibs for Riordan.

Deek would prefer Hibs but will come to Hearts if he has to. Asking price is ?250k.

Not to forget at least 3 wife beaters and another 2 or 3 convicted of drink driving offences.

If people want representatives of their club to have impeccable lifestyles and moral standards they're having a laugh if they think they'll find it at Hearts or any other football club for that matter.

There is no good reason not to sign Riordan......end of.

I'd agree with that in 99.9% of cases. Riordan is the exception and it's the Refugee video that crosses the line.

Archived