FTSE 5635

david mcgee

Aye right!

Even the darling Alistair says this is the worst economic crisis we have faced in sixty years.

The Ftse should be around 5000 and by the spring i expect it to be nudging 4925.

So why the prolonged agony?

I suspect international politics play a part and the usual suspects who it pays to be positive, are surprise surprise being positive.

I know i will be called a doom monger, but i am actually a very positive person, i would merely advise my friends and Hearts supporters to stay well away from the markets and property for the forseeable future.

My feeling is this will be longer term than many suspect, i can see 2013 being the point to re- invest, but all you should do in the interim is watch very carefully.

heartsfc_fan

I recall when the world trade centers were hit on 11/09/2001, the FTSE was down below 4000.

Geoff Kilpatrick

The FTSE isn't a real barometer of the British economy anymore as so many multi-nationals are listed in London, or the companies are only partly British. Take BHP Biliton, for example. The money they make is out here so the amount of stuff the Chinese buy from the ground is what concerns them.

• 3 weeks later...
Aye right!

Even the darling Alistair says this is the worst economic crisis we have faced in sixty years.

The Ftse should be around 5000 and by the spring i expect it to be nudging 4925.

So why the prolonged agony?

I suspect international politics play a part and the usual suspects who it pays to be positive, are surprise surprise being positive.

I know i will be called a doom monger, but i am actually a very positive person, i would merely advise my friends and Hearts supporters to stay well away from the markets and property for the forseeable future.

My feeling is this will be longer term than many suspect, i can see 2013 being the point to re- invest, but all you should do in the interim is watch very carefully.

Gee whiz, that was quick.

I new the FTSE was overpriced but i never expected it to get down below 5000 quite as quickly.

HBOS is in melt down, 35% down on the day.

Guest juvehearts

Its all good, the price of oil is down to $91 a barrel

give it a few months & it'll be all fine.

the problem is that everyone is speculating,

the same with global warming

give it a rest & drop an E - chill

Its all good, the price of oil is down to $91 a barrel

give it a few months & it'll be all fine.

the problem is that everyone is speculating,

the same with global warming

give it a rest & drop an E - chill

Is that your professional opinion?

And if so, I'd like to invest in your product!

Archived