Karapidis wants to go back

Bauldrick

Karapidis is wasted in midfield, he is a classy defender who should be playing alongside either Berra or Zaliukas, not in front of them, nothing changes at Tynecastle, they wasted Tall in this position for a while last season, are they too low down in that dugout, can't they see what everyone else sees up in the stands?

Ray Winstone
Karapidis is wasted in midfield, he is a classy defender who should be playing alongside either Berra or Zaliukas, not in front of them, nothing changes at Tynecastle, they wasted Tall in this position for a while last season, are they too low down in that dugout, can't they see what everyone else sees up in the stands?

I dont know what you are watching in the stands but I have watched Karapidis play 3 good games in that position.

I would say he is arguably better than Brellier was as he stays on his feet and his distribution is a bit better.

It is perhaps no coincidence that Stewart's form has improved while playing along side him.

IMO he's too small to play centre half. ALso, he's not very fast so is a bit of a liability at the back.

I think central mid is his best position but I'm not convinced that he's good enough to be a first choice pick there. Passing is very limited although tackling & positioning is good.

rudi must stay

we have signed that guy from Kaunas who plays in his position, so he'll probably go back to being a defender. I don't think he's that bad in midfield though tbh

Do you know where hell is
I dont know what you are watching in the stands but I have watched Karapidis play 3 good games in that position.

I would say he is arguably better than Brellier was as he stays on his feet and his distribution is a bit better.

It is perhaps no coincidence that Stewart's form has improved while playing along side him.

Its clearly all about opinions. Karapidis is out of his depth at dm, and for me, he is wasted in this position. He was excellent last year alongside berra when given an extended run, the results actually showed this. Its your opinion, but i honestly cant see how you can say he has looked good at defensive midfield. Its not his fault, as he, is trying but many are getting on his back about his passing, and that, is because he is a centre half, not a defensive midfielder.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think Karipidis is a terrible defender. He is lightweight.

However, he does seem to be offering something in the middle of the park at the moment so it's better to keep him there if he is playing.

Johanes de Silentio

Kari's wife and new born wee yin are back hame - he might no' be here on Monday - I dinnae like defenders playin' in midfield, and I'm fed up wi' players allegedly playin' in alleged holes - Stewart is playin' better the now, tho', an' RB is a wee bit o' a problem, innit?

In short, it's no' oor problem tae solve - let's review the situation on Monday, shall we no'?

Al.

I don't know what you are watching but I have seen Karipidis play 3 terrible games. I don't blame Karipidis, but he is a poor, poor midfielder.

A defensive midfielder is in the team to "stem the flow" and to destruct the offensive play of the opposition. In the Motherwell game, when Motherwell went forward and were camped on the edge of our box until we could hoof the ball out, we failed to "stem the flow". The R@ng*rs game was much the same, with the said player very nearly doing a Dundee United and passing the ball directly to the R@ng*rs striker. Against Clydebank on Wednesday, his passing was appalling and he very rarely did anything good in midfield.

Whilst your comment about Brellier is your opinion and you are perfectly entitled to it, I do not think I have seen anything on here I have disagreed with more since someone said last week we didn't need a striker.

jambos are go!

Lazlo heaped praise on Karapidis at the shareholders meeting and said he had pursuaded him that he was a better player in a defensive midfield role!

Since the Hull game my feeling is that he is being played to be sold . Have only been at the Hull and Motherwell games and thought he did well but given his domestic arrangements and that Vlad has previous in playing players to put them in the shop window - ie. Gonclaves -then I think he could go on Monday.

Hope I am wrong not because I think he is irreplaceable - IMO right back is his best position - but because it would strengthen the position of those who fel CL hasn't 100% control of the team. Given CL's emphasis on ball retention it is difficult to understand why Ruben hasn't featured so far.

Drylaw Hearts

Karapidis proved from January onwards that he is a capable CH.

He has played ok in midfield though - Airdrie apart !!

However...

I think he's outta here before the TW 'slams shut'.

Toxteth O'Grady
Karapidis proved from January onwards that he is a capable CH.

He has played ok in midfield though - Airdrie apart !!

However...

I think he's outta here before the TW 'slams shut'.

I wouldn't be surprised, he has said he would like to go back to Greece for family reasons.

Keep a lookout for his actions at the end of todays game

wheatfield to sheffield

I thought he was ok against Motherwell and St Mirren, but gash against Airdrie Utd. I was giving him a reasonable amount of "encouragement" as he made a series of tackles on fresh air and repeatedly suggested he just subbed himself.

When he stepped up to take the penalty though, I shouted "go on Karapidis, you've been brilliant tonight". The wee lad in front of me turned around with a surprised look on his face, so I gave him a quick smile. We're all Jambos together.

I just wish he and Jonsson had switched posititions when it became apparent that they weren't going to put any attacks down our right.

I always think centre halves ultimately get found out when they are played in Midfield. It happened to Rio Ferdinand a few years ago in a game against Blackburn I attended. :cool_shades:

Lazlo said that if Karapidis went so would he at the Shareholders meeting!!!

Never heard that one before. Is that a fact or a rumour?

I think it has helped Stewart with him being in midfield but ultimately it's a waste of time having him in there. Fair enough in certain games to give more protection (such as at Ibrox a few weeks back) but at home to the likes of St Mirren and Airdrie, we are playing a player in a position that we don't need someone and he is effectively the spare man. We don't need a defensive midfielder against a team playing one upfront.

winston churchill

Karapidis is never a midfield player.

as berra and zal are seen as the 1st choice central defence.he is being played in midfield to show case him.

as stated in other posts,dont be surprised if he is away on loan or punted come monday.

Jambof3tornado

Berra and Zaliukas have looked better than Berra and Karapiddy did last season,so other than hanging around as back up,I dont see Karapidis having a long term role in the 1st team,if Csaba thought for a minute he could do the RB job he wouldnt be trying Eggy out there!!

jambos are go!
Never heard that one before. Is that a fact or a rumour?

Unless I'm deaf or living in a parallel universe its a fact.

Kari's wife and new born wee yin are back hame - he might no' be here on Monday - I dinnae like defenders playin' in midfield, and I'm fed up wi' players allegedly playin' in alleged holes - Stewart is playin' better the now, tho', an' RB is a wee bit o' a problem, innit?

In short, it's no' oor problem tae solve - let's review the situation on Monday, shall we no'?

Al.

Superb post. It's like reading Oor Wullie!

Archived