Spice of Life - North Stand

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

Anyone sitting there?

And if so, anyone want to comment on the reasoning behind the name of the stand.

Please dont use the usual excuse of the local indian giving it sponsorship, as thats just boring.

Lets hear them then?

Guest jambomickey
Anyone sitting there?

And if so, anyone want to comment on the reasoning behind the name of the stand.

Please dont use the usual excuse of the local indian giving it sponsorship, as thats just boring.

Lets hear them then?

i'm in there mate! row i seat 77

chester copperpot
i'm in there mate! row i seat 77

Same row, 10 seats along from you mate.

Dont post anything on here if we lose though, as you'll not be a real fan. :P

Guest jambomickey
Same row, 10 seats along from you mate.

Dont post anything on here if we lose though, as you'll not be a real fan. :P

you know i'm a real fan mate just like i know your a real fan! difference is me and you are there every week home and away

chester copperpot
you know i'm a real fan mate just like i know your a real fan! difference is me and you are there every week home and away

:hobofish:;)

chester copperpot
it is the local indian sponsoring it.........

http://www.thecurryplace.com/

:runaway:

would be rather cool if you could get some chicken pakora at half tme!!

Totally, was showing my boss the tickets today, as he's thinking about going, we all shared a laugh when he asked what stand I was in and I told him the name.

Is there any others out there funnier?

Charlie-Brown

Some of you guys will be too young to remember the original Douglas Park 'Stadium' .... what a feckin hovel that was .... like a cross between Brockville & Cappielow .... you couldn't get a decent view anywhere if the Hearts away support was half decent.....the natives were also quite handy at throwing golf balls & pen-knives etc.

hamilton.jpg

Do you know where hell is

I think the stand is named after an indian, the tickets have a nice picture of a keeper on them, i honestly though the tickets were from the last time they were in the premier.

chester copperpot
Some of you guys will be too young to remember the original Douglas Park 'Stadium' .... what a feckin hovel that was .... like a cross between Brockville & Cappielow .... you couldn't get a decent view anywhere if the Hearts away support was half decent.....the natives were also quite handy at throwing golf balls & pen-knives etc.

I remember mate, although nothing comes close to the naming of that stand.

I was actually offered Hospitality for tomorrow (for one, not 2, so I had to decline) in the main stand, had to politely decline. Much better I pay my 22 quid than have to sit with those guys in the Jobbyjabber's suite.

Guest jambomickey

i remember it well mate! i'm 39 in november, tell you what we visited some dumps in the first division years eh? but they were fantastic times following hearts

It's my mate's wife's family that sponsor the stand. It's the only time I ever get away with calling his wife a hamilton accie!:rolleyes:

On a slight tangent, my mate used to have a shop in leith, doesn't really follow football, but is a hearts fan. The hobo butcher across the road came in his shop and was slagging him about being a jambo. When he turned round and said...I'd rather be a p@cki than a tim. Classic! Don't think he really understood what he was saying.

Charlie-Brown
i remember it well mate! i'm 39 in november, tell you what we visited some dumps in the first division years eh? but they were fantastic times following hearts

For atmosphere, adventure & novelty factor they were great away days - ****e fitba, ****e stadiums, hostile locals, erra macaroon bars & cheese n meat rolls..... it was the best of times, it was the worst of times. :)

Guest jambomickey
For atmosphere, adventure & novelty factor they were great away days - ****e fitba, ****e stadiums, hostile locals, erra macaroon bars & cheese n meat rolls..... it was the best of times, it was the worst of times. :)

agree with everything you've just said mate! we had a mad support aswell back then eh?

Charlie-Brown
agree with everything you've just said mate! we had a mad support aswell back then eh?

Well there always seemed to be a few Hearts fans left behind at the request of the local polis.....Airdrie was always one of the worst places for trouble and bus windows getting smashed in etc.

J.T.F.Robertson
It's my mate's wife's family that sponsor the stand. It's the only time I ever get away with calling his wife a hamilton accie!:rolleyes:

On a slight tangent, my mate used to have a shop in leith, doesn't really follow football, but is a hearts fan. The hobo butcher across the road came in his shop and was slagging him about being a jambo. When he turned round and said...I'd rather be a p@cki than a tim. Classic! Don't think he really understood what he was saying.

To the strains of, "you cannie shove yir granny oaf a bus". :peepwall:

chester copperpot
To the strains of, "you cannie shove yir granny oaf a bus". :peepwall:

apparently we'll make a good few 'runs' tomorrow.

BOOM BOOM.

J.T.F.Robertson
apparently we'll make a good few 'runs' tomorrow.

BOOM BOOM.

Just be sure you're there early and don't find yourself in a madras to get in on time. :wacko:

chester copperpot
Just be sure you're there early and don't find yourself in a madras to get in on time. :wacko:

I hope none of the fans get stuck short and have to Vind a LOO

J.T.F.Robertson

I hope you all enjoy the game and the JT's pulao well.

That's it for me. :o

Jack Torrance
Totally, was showing my boss the tickets today, as he's thinking about going, we all shared a laugh when he asked what stand I was in and I told him the name.

Is there any others out there funnier?[/QUOTE]

Er...The Famous Five Stand

famousfive460.jpg

Archived