Signing better than you have....

Debut 4

Is a policy managers generally employ. This isn`t intended as another moan, so apologies if it comes across so.

We have yet to see Tullberg so we can`t pass judgement but on a brief show pre-season we see fit to sign him, we don`t know much about the new Polish lad and we have just had our glimpse of Obua, but when signing players surely it`s towards actually playing them?

In the case of the Polish lad i can only assume he has a particular talent. Touted as a defensive mid, maybe he has that perception Brellier had, otherwise is he better than what we have?

If he is, he must be a decent player if he`s going to keep Ruben or Karipidis out of the team.

Tullberg, his rep seems to be of a physical nature but will he be the lone striker? If so, why the need for another new striker if we are only going to play one? And is his quality really going to turn out that much better than what we have? Time will tell.

Maybe i seem a bit critical and i know you need a decent size squad to cope with injuries, suspension etc.. but it all seems to lack a bit conviction for me and Laszlo must rate Tullberg so highly to sign him while injured!!

The point is really, i hope we don`t go down the road we just have over the last two years, signing players who`ll hardly get a chance because they are not much of a higher standard or who are simply squad players on big wages.

Csaba has done well to galvanise the squad in a short time but the last thing we need is the squad size creeping up with players just making up the numbers, instead of them actually enhancing the squad.:)

Clerry Jambo

Debut - the Quality over Quantity statement that has been constantly emanated ( spewed ) from Tynie in the last 2 years has never happened and if being realistic will NOT happen.

We are cutting back because Romanov due to his interference in terms of thinking he is a fitba manager/coach and filling a squad full of pesh has put us in Debt to levels this club never thought it would reach, aligned to the fact that despite his apparent wealth has not re-invested in the team despite the vast money we have taken in allied to his reported millions.

That is Fact.

Since that memorable first season he has had I think 4 transfer windows and done feck all.

Sorry mate but he has shown his colours:mad:

Debut - the Quality over Quantity statement that has been constantly emanated ( spewed ) from Tynie in the last 2 years has never happened and if being realistic will NOT happen.

We are cutting back because Romanov due to his interference in terms of thinking he is a fitba manager/coach and filling a squad full of pesh has put us in Debt to levels this club never thought it would reach, aligned to the fact that despite his apparent wealth has not re-invested in the team despite the vast money we have taken in allied to his reported millions.

That is Fact.

Since that memorable first season he has had I think 4 transfer windows and done feck all.

A damning verdict which many would find hard to disagree with Clerry.

We can`t persisit with the "he saved us line" because he got involved and wanted to. Yes, he can do what he wants but all he is doing is going against all the things he said he wanted Hearts to be and do.

Clerry Jambo
A damning verdict which many would find hard to disagree with Clerry.

We can`t persisit with the "he saved us line" because he got involved and wanted to. Yes, he can do what he wants but all he is doing is going against all the things he said he wanted Hearts to be and do.

That is what makes this whole scenario so frustrating.

We have a guy that appeared to have the MEANS of being able to invest in a club with massive potential which again was shown in that 1st year and he decided to say feck it for some bizarre reason..........and for all the debate on Kickback I am still not sure WHY he ripped the club apart, because that is what he has done and it is looking as though he will have to depart before we get our club back, which really makes my maroon blood boil:mad:

Ray Winstone

On the matter of Tullberg he seems to have the stature that would suit the way we play at the moment as he can get up for the flick ons to the players sitting just behind him to run through on.

Mole has tried his best but his headers tend to go straight up or backwards as he does not have the physique to play up front on his own.

Having said that there is no reason to suggest he will not turn out to be crap.

That is what makes this whole scenario so frustrating.

We have a guy that appeared to have the MEANS of being able to invest in a club with massive potential which again was shown in that 1st year and he decided to say feck it for some bizarre reason..........and for all the debate on Kickback I am still not sure WHY he ripped the club apart, because that is what he has done and it is looking as though he will have to depart before we get our club back, which really makes my maroon blood boil:mad:

IMO it was and is quite obvious why Vlad sacked GB & co, he was sick of them getting all the praise for our success and he wanted it all to himself and believed that it was him who was behind it (well he was to a certain extent by allowing GB to bring in players on good wages) and thought to himself I don't GB to win the league I can do it and I'll get all the plaudits I deserve.

Now, IMO, we are now just a vehicle for his other interests.

He is and always will be a grade A fud!

Clerry Jambo
IMO it was and is quite obvious why Vlad sacked GB & co, he was sick of them getting all the praise for our success and he wanted it all to himself and believed that it was him who was behind it (well he was to a certain extent by allowing GB to bring in players on good wages) and thought to himself I don't GB to win the league I can do it and I'll get all the plaudits I deserve.

Now, IMO, we are now just a vehicle for his other interests.

He is and always will be a grade A fud!

Spenny i agree he has a very LARGE EGO unfortunately, just our luck eh!

He disnae realise that if he just lets fitba people do their jobs and they are successful HE will get as much plaudits as them -- is that too simple a statement:sad:

He disnae realise that if he just lets fitba people do their jobs and they are successful HE will get as much plaudits as them -- is that too simple a statement:sad:

unfortunately it seems that way CJ.

Teuchterjambo

I just cannot be bothered with you pair - you talk far too much sense for this board.

Clerry Jambo
I just cannot be bothered with you pair - you talk far too much sense for this board.

Teuchter, just put us on IGNORE, thats what the wife does to me;)

On the matter of Tullberg he seems to have the stature that would suit the way we play at the moment as he can get up for the flick ons to the players sitting just behind him to run through on.

Mole has tried his best but his headers tend to go straight up or backwards as he does not have the physique to play up front on his own.

Having said that there is no reason to suggest he will not turn out to be crap.

Agree.

What gets me is we wait until we are well into pre-season before we try and get players and they are largely an unknown quantity even to the manager/coach.

Can anyone remember the last time Hearts signed someone on a pre-contract during January ready to get started for the following season? The last two pre-seasons have been a shambles.

We have never been 70-80% organised before we come back for training.

Clerry Jambo

thinking about your original question Debut, NO we haven't signed anyone that was ready or had the quality to walk straight into the side.

i think that may just summarise the whole debate!:(

thinking about your original question Debut, NO we haven't signed anyone that was ready or had the quality to walk straight into the side.

i think that may just summarise the whole debate!:(

Pretty much i suppose it does. Can`t remember the last time we signed a player and felt excitement because we knew a bit about the player coming in.

I suppose pleasant surprises are good too but i`m sure we`ve had the chance to sign proven players over the last two years and not done so.

Clerry Jambo
Pretty much i suppose it does. Can`t remember the last time we signed a player and felt excitement because we knew a bit about the player coming in.

I suppose pleasant surprises are good too but i`m sure we`ve had the chance to sign proven players over the last two years and not done so.

Agh, so has the Sheep turned;);););)

That is Fact.

There must be someone out there who disagrees ?:rolleyes:

Archived