White Finger

Art Vanderlay

Art Vanderlay

I'm needing to make contact with someone who suffers from Vibration White Finger - basically a pretty debilitating disease you get afetr excessive use of power tools where you lose grip and dexterity, and can get really bad...

Have done a bit of research on it, but thought the first port of call should be the jambo troops... antone know anyone who suffers from this condition?

We get loads of info about it at the gas, I'm sure I could find someone when I'm in on Monday.

Art Vanderlay

Thanks, much appreciated -

I'm needing someone for interview, can send details if you or anyone else has any luck.

I'm needing to make contact with someone who suffers from Vibration White Finger - basically a pretty debilitating disease you get afetr excessive use of power tools where you lose grip and dexterity, and can get really bad...

Have done a bit of research on it, but thought the first port of call should be the jambo troops... antone know anyone who suffers from this condition?

What do you need to know as i have been through the claim process.

We get loads of info about it at the gas, I'm sure I could find someone when I'm in on Monday.

One of the Surveyors who tranfered from Transco to SGN has been through the claims process for Whitefinger and is also a Jambo, so you could do worse than start with him Louise.

:thumb:

One of the Surveyors who tranfered from Transco to SGN has been through the claims process for Whitefinger and is also a Jambo, so you could do worse than start with him Louise.

:thumb:

Which department? Replacement?

Which department? Replacement?

He came over from Connections, and covered East Lothian amongst other areas.

Robbos Right Peg

Sorry but we now have someone trying to get compensation for 'shaky hand disease' ????????? Nae wonder our gas costs so much if Transco/SGN/The Gas Board entertain this farce.

If thats the case do all my jakie mates have a compo claim against alcohol producers or even landords ?

I honestly do hate this blame culture we have in this country now.

Hand, Arm, Vibration Syndrom (HAVS) is painful and debilitating permanent damage caused by prolonged exposure to vibrating equipment such as pneumatic drills. It is recognised as an occupational disease, and has been for over thirty years to my knowledge.

It is more commonly refered to as Whitefinger, as one of the symptoms is restricted blood flow to the fingers causing their white appearance. It is a condition that affected ( and still does affect) considerable numbers of people every year, and it is no more a part of any mythical compensation culture than asbestosis is !

It has got SFA to do with shaky hands, it's effects are permanent, painful, and progressively more debilitating. While not something I ever suffered from (my hands shaking IS caused by the bevvy!) several friends have contracted HAVS and it's not pleasant.

Robbos Right Peg
Hand, Arm, Vibration Syndrom (HAVS) is painful and debilitating permanent damage caused by prolonged exposure to vibrating equipment such as pneumatic drills. It is recognised as an occupational disease, and has been for over thirty years to my knowledge.

It is more commonly refered to as Whitefinger, as one of the symptoms is restricted blood flow to the fingers causing their white appearance. It is a condition that affected ( and still does affect) considerable numbers of people every year, and is no more part of any mythical compensation culture than asbestosis is !

It has got SFA to do with shaky hands.

Not quite sure I understand the Scottish Football Association reference there bearing in mind the two quotes from you.

But hey ho I am sure there are millions of women out there that are delighted to know they have a claim when their 'whitefinger' is diagnosed as having been contracted from 'vibrating equipment'.

A calim against Ann Summers possibly ?:)

Louise would you like to join in here ?

Archived