Training today

Seymour M Hersh

Seymour M Hersh

Was out at Riccarton this morning.

Morale was good, training light.

If the squad split can be considered a possible starting line up then it's same as Wednesday except Driver in for Miko.

Lots of work on the strikers movement and overlaps from full backs to get crosses in.

Bruno was training partially alone (doing laps of the lower area and partially with Tully.

The new Polish lad is quite tall and will wear 16 was training in the 2nd team split of the squad.

There was an agent shaking hands with lots of coaches and the new striker chap may have been on the far side of the pitch on his mobile, well that was the speculation anyway.

Oh and passed Banderson when leaving. He has the most ginger of ginger hair I've ever seen. Also swaggers about like he is something special.

Seymour M Hersh
And what did the new striker chap look like?

About 5ft 8, skinny as a rake with a skunk hairdo?

:D

If it was him and I must stress the word if. Then no it was not a human rat impersonator. About 5-10 dark hair but was 60-70 yards from me so no chance of me recognising him (mind you even from 1 yard I'd struggle probably!).:)

Guest JamboRobbo
Was out at Riccarton this morning.

Morale was good, training light.

If the squad split can be considered a possible starting line up then it's same as Wednesday except Driver in for Miko.

Drive on left and Obua in the hole? Or driver on right, Obua on left and Kingston in hole?

Seymour M Hersh
Brilliant! Working on getting crosses into.... Jamie Mole

Booo

No they had three attacking the cross the main striker (Mole) man in the hole (alternated between Larry and Obua)+ 1 midfielder then a 2nd midfielder (alternated between Driver and Mickey).

Chad Sexington
Drive on left and Obua in the hole? Or driver on right, Obua on left and Kingston in hole?

I hope to God Driver goes left and Larry right.

Obua isn't suited to the wing at all.

I'd much rather see how he gets on in the hole.

Seymour M Hersh

Obua and Larry swapped about in the hole. Driver mainly on the right but sometimes on the left, then sometimes Larry popped up on the right. Maybe we are going to be playing Dutch total football!!

LarrysRightFoot

Was Balogh training?

If so how big is he? The one thing that puts me off Jamie MacDonald a bit is he looks pretty small and Kello doesnt look the biggest either.

Im hoping Balogh is more is the Gordon/Rousset mould. Big keepers give me more confidence.

Guest JamboRobbo
Obua and Larry swapped about in the hole. Driver mainly on the right but sometimes on the left, then sometimes Larry popped up on the right. Maybe we are going to be playing Dutch total football!!

cheers. sounds good if we can make it work.

Seymour M Hersh
Was Balogh training?

If so how big is he? The one thing that puts me off Jamie MacDonald a bit is he looks pretty small and Kello doesnt look the biggest either.

Im hoping Balogh is more is the Gordon/Rousset mould. Big keepers give me more confidence.

He was with the 2nd squad split and he is the tallest of the three. None of them are small though (a la that hobo McNeil).

Seymour M Hersh
cheers. sounds good if we can make it work.

Time will tell as will the "kvalitee" of the players and their ability to make it happen but it does appear flexibility in midfield and up front is key to CL's strategy.

im worried mole goes in this hole and we cant find him.:)

Guest JamboRobbo
Time will tell as will the "kvalitee" of the players and their ability to make it happen but it does appear flexibility in midfield and up front is key to CL's strategy.

And adding someone to put it in the net will be key also IMO. Even when played as striker, Mole ends up comig short all the time, and subsequently can't be there when the ball drops in the box......

Cut The Crap
No they had three attacking the cross the main striker (Mole) man in the hole (alternated between Larry and Obua)+ 1 midfielder then a 2nd midfielder (alternated between Driver and Mickey).

I can't quite get my head to draw the picture of Obua attacking anything. Did he look committed? Could it work, do you think?

Seymour M Hersh
I can't quite get my head to draw the picture of Obua attacking anything. Did he look committed? Could it work, do you think?

Too early to say. He is a laid back sort of individual and will need time to settle in this country.

LarrysRightFoot
Balogh is 6ft 3, Kello 6ft 2 (according to Wiki) and MacDonald is 6ft 1 - same as Niemi.

Hardly short.

I had read somewhere that Jamie was 6'1" as well (and he probably is) but he certainly doesnt look it and does not fill the goal the same was Niemi does. Also Im not having a go I think he could be a good keeper for us, im just saying I think he looks small.

As for Kello, again he may be 6'2" but just doesnt look that big to me certainly not compared to the likes of Gordon/Rousset.

As for Balogh I think 6'3" is the same height as Gordon? So lets hope he is as good as him ;)

Ryan Gosling
I had read somewhere that Jamie was 6'1" as well (and he probably is) but he certainly doesnt look it and does not fill the goal the same was Niemi does. Also Im not having a go I think he could be a good keeper for us, im just saying I think he looks small.

As for Kello, again he may be 6'2" but just doesnt look that big to me certainly not compared to the likes of Gordon/Rousset.

As for Balogh I think 6'3" is the same height as Gordon? So lets hope he is as good as him ;)

Allan McGregor is 6ft just for the record

LarrysRightFoot
Allan McGregor is 6ft just for the record

You sure? I would have said at least 6'2"? By the way Im not arguing, im just asking.

Cut The Crap
Too early to say. He is a laid back sort of individual and will need time to settle in this country.

A Csabaesque response. :)

I'm guessing Jamboben doesnt realise the role of attacking midfielders.

CornhillHearts

Maybe Meadows would like to comment on how the team should line up as all the rest of you are having a dash and Meadows is the top manager/coach on this board.

tommythejambo

Gordon was bigger than 6"3.

I'm 6"2 he walked past me once and was atleast 2 or 3 inches taller than me.

heartsfc_fan
Gordon was bigger than 6"3.

I'm 6"2 he walked past me once and was atleast 2 or 3 inches taller than me.

Gordon is about 6"5 easily

LarrysRightFoot
Gordon is about 6"5 easily

I am not saying this is correct but according to Sunderland's website he is 193cm which is 6.331944 feet.

Cut The Crap
I am not saying this is correct but according to Sunderland's website he is 193cm which is 6.331944 feet.

6'4" then.

Maybe Meadows would like to comment on how the team should line up as all the rest of you are having a dash and Meadows is the top manager/coach on this board.

It's no laughing matter. He certainly has the best record on the go at the moment....

:biggrin:

As for the training stuff, sounds good to me...especially the bit about morale being good. I was concerned that they might be a little gloomy after Wednesday and there's really no room for that sort of thing against Hamilton. Uppity little baskets that they are. Kvalitee....hehe.

How did Obua look? Any more comfortable playing in that position than he was on Wed?

The basic skills of our primary attacking midfielders (eg Stewart, Driver, Kingston and Obua) actually SHOULD be able to mix and switch positions and provide fluidity and variation in midfield.

Which if they start to pull it off with any aplomb could start to show some exciting football

I guess this will take time to gel but the key would be consistently selecting these players, with possibly Miko and Chesney flitting in and out (as they do....)

What sort of length of time I guess is the issue

Rudi length of time or Ketusis length of time.....

Soccerbase and London Hearts think he's 6'4" and perhaps unsurprisingly, the SFA don't seem very sure what height he is at all.

Sounds promising. As Steve McLaren would say, it is, I think, maybe, that we would play that way, and I would like, very much, to see that.

portobellojambo1

I am guessing here but I suspect if anyone was to ask Craig his height he would opt for 6' 4". :P

Guest jambomickey
I am guessing here but I suspect if anyone was to ask Craig his height he would opt for 6' 4". :P

i'm 6' 3 and would say gordons about the same as me

Archived