pendulum

savage

have just purchased their new album after seeing them on tv at leeds/reading festival. they are totally mental and high energy. i am not a great fan of drum/bass music but i love the prodigy and this is a bit like the prodigy but harder.

play it very loud when driving or getting ready to go out

Brilliant CD. I am same not big drum and bass fan but really love this cd, oh I love the Prodigy too :)

the voice from above

went to see them last week, excellent time...

new album is garbage compared to their older stuff...

Went to see them last week as well, best gig I've been to. Crowd was amazing and even the support DJ had the crowd bouncing.

In Silico has my faovurite track on it.. The Tempest but overall I'd say Hold Your Colour was a better album.

cobbyshambles

gash gash and more gash.all the "drum" beats are the same,its only a matter of time before they're forgotten about.

Very boring d'n'b.

They use the same drum noise and pattern in every tune. They also use the same synth noise and bass sound. As a result, their tunes all sound like remixes of each other.

Their music sounds too over produced and poppy.

I like Dillinjah, Bad Company and Ram Trilogy stuff better.

Absolute Pony.

Tried to get into them at a mates suggestion and just couldnae.

I think even he in the end decided they were Barry White.

They are to DnB what mcfly are to Rock! My mate went and said it was full of kids there with their parents. Obviously a lot of kids first gig as they were moshing to the house DJ doing the warm up... wtf?! Suppose if its getting them into music it's a good thing.

I was right into their early stuff but the record labels have ruined them. Even their voodoo people song is annoying now, It's not even theirs anyway! Slam was and still is a belter of a tune and a great video though.

$ilvery_Moon
Very boring d'n'b.

They use the same drum noise and pattern in every tune. They also use the same synth noise and bass sound. As a result, their tunes all sound like remixes of each other.

A man with taste and I fully agree. The latest offering from Pendulum is **** poor IMO. Their earlier stuff was much better and in their field they are a very average group/artist.

tommythejambo

They have a few good tunes, but overall not my cup of tea.

Also read someone comparing their new stuff to garage. And I ****ing HATE garage music. It's the sound of the cockney. (This hatrid came mainly after a 2 week holiday in Kavos, where garage music was everywhere)

Saw them at TITP and it was amazing. Not the kind of music I'd sit in my room and listen to but good to see live and just go a bit nuts.

haven't heard the new album but the first one wasnt great. some of the singles were **** hot but the album itself wasnt up to much other than the singles.

Saw them at TITP and it was amazing. Not the kind of music I'd sit in my room and listen to but good to see live and just go a bit nuts.

I'm afraid you missed Justice in the Slam tent who where on at the same time.

I pity the fool!

Hold Your Colour is >>>> In Silico

They were pretty good when I saw them in May but I'm not going in December coz they're new album was so poor.

tommythejambo

I pity the fool!

By the way, Justice we ****ing suberp. best act i seen the whole weekend.

They have a few good tunes, but overall not my cup of tea.

Also read someone comparing their new stuff to garage. And I ****ing HATE garage music. It's the sound of the cockney. (This hatrid came mainly after a 2 week holiday in Kavos, where garage music was everywhere)

Very well put.

We had a similar experience in Ayia Napa in 2000.

Went to 'Twice As Nice' one night and we were (A) Nigh on the only white people there and (B) The only people from outside the M25.

It was all Oxide & Neutrino and So Solid Crew.

Spent the majority of the 2 weeks in Starsky & Hutch.

Pendulum are class at first but they are so samey, which is usually the case with such mainstream d&b. Fasten your seatbelt, where they collaberated with freestylers is their best track for me. Live they are completley mental, but its all only a matter of time before you get bored of them.

tommythejambo
Very well put.

We had a similar experience in Ayia Napa in 2000.

Went to 'Twice As Nice' one night and we were (A) Nigh on the only white people there and (B) The only people from outside the M25.

It was all Oxide & Neutrino and So Solid Crew.

Spent the majority of the 2 weeks in Starsky & Hutch.

Very similar to an expierience I had at a place called Venue in Kavos.

Had some dodgy looking guy making signs that he was going to apply a balaclava then shoot us.

Needless to say where he was from, a very strange individual. However, that seems to be the mindset with alot of them.

I pity the fool!

We actually went across to Slam before Pendulum were on and saw a bit of what I think was Justice (did they have a big white cross at the front of the stage bit?). To be honest all that dancey stuff means nothing to me. Slam is somewhere we go to dance about like idiots while there's noone else we're interested in seeing on.

Benny Factor
Very boring d'n'b.

Classic case of a band breaking into the big time with a tune and realising the formula works, putting very similar tunes out after.

I've been into drum 'n' bass for 14 years and can think of very few tunes that have reached mainstream audiences that have been at least half decent(or have been watered down to appeal).

Craig-Section Z

Seen them twice this year, at Projekt Revolution in Milton Keynes back in JUne and then at the Corn Exchange the other week. This first gig was a big outdoor one so while good kinda lost in the open air, plus the crowd was mainly there to see LP so werent as good as they cud have been when Pendulum were on.

The corn exchage gig was a different story though, the crwod were all there to see them and it was mental in an swesome way, i dont remember it all due to alcohol but i remember it being great and ending up on the floor several times. Will definatly being going to see them again ASAP.

I got into them as they were one of the acts at Project Rev, i figured as i didnt know their stuff i shud put some effort into listening to it, when i read about them i didnt think id like but then listened to a few tracks then bought both albums and now love them both so its opened up a whole new genre of music to me.

Both albums are really good but for different reasons with really good tracks on both, as mentioned above the Tempest is one of my stand out tracks, as is hold your colour from the first album.

Definatly worth seing live, if you like the albums then they are even better live its a great experience!!

Archived