Setanta Rip Off

Jambo in Bathgate

Jambo in Bathgate

Just phoned to cancel Setanta as I am taking out the BT Vision package.

Was told by the agent that the cancellation period is now 60 days and that a letter had been posted out to all subscribers telling us of the increase from 30days when I signed up last year.

Has anyone else heard of the increase the cancellation period?

Griclesfield

i have the bt vision deal and word of warning it is terrible.

it might just be i have had internet connection problems since april with them and have a bit of an " issue " with them.

hopefully its different for yourself.

I've got BT Vision & it's been fine apart from once when my internet connection went down. The ability to download programmes & the EPG both depend on the internet connection & you can't record if your EPG isn't working. Therefore, if you have problems with BT Broadband you'll also have big problems with BT Vision.

Darth Sidious

I am a Freeview Setanta subscriber. Got a call to take on the 3 month free package. I said I already paid for Setanta. They gave me an email address to cancel my account and will send out a new card and set up a new direct debit.

Strange but I could not knock back the chance of 3 months free.

Was told by the agent that the cancellation period is now 60 days and that a letter had been posted out to all subscribers telling us of the increase from 30days when I signed up last year.

I signed up to Setanta a few weeks ago.

?12.99 per month and you get SPL, EPL, Italian, German, French & Dutch football. Oh, and you now get South American leagues as well!

Anybody who claims to be a fan of football and reckons that isn't a good deal needs a lobotomy.

And they do state that it is now a 60 day cancellation policy in writing.

Generally a good idea to read through the terms & conditions of the website before blowing your beans prematurely... ;)

Jack Torrance

On Freesat I had the ?9.99pm package. Then they wrote to me a month or so ago giving me less notification than their cancellation period.

I told them they were in breach & as they wanted to up my fee to ?12.99pm I was cancelling.

They put me through to retention who offered me ?9.99 for 6 months no strings. I told them no thanks I would just go to the pub to watch when I wanted.

The guy spoke to his manager (allegedly) then told me there was only a few of these deals they could offer each day. I got it for ?7.50pm for 6 months no strings.

If they're plannig to change your terms then you might be able to cancel depending on the circumstances. Read the small print.

BTW - BT are a shower of tossers. Wouldn't touch them.

Ive never had a letter about it. They are an absolute nightmare to cancel from though and im pretty sure half their staff just make up the rules as they go along. My sister had problems with them and was advised to write to them to sort it out, every time she phoned they said that they hadnt received the letter so she just stop paying them until they turned it off.

On Freesat I had the ?9.99pm package. Then they wrote to me a month or so ago giving me less notification than their cancellation period.

I told them they were in breach & as they wanted to up my fee to ?12.99pm I was cancelling.

They put me through to retention who offered me ?9.99 for 6 months no strings. I told them no thanks I would just go to the pub to watch when I wanted.

The guy spoke to his manager (allegedly) then told me there was only a few of these deals they could offer each day. I got it for ?7.50pm for 6 months no strings.

If they're plannig to change your terms then you might be able to cancel depending on the circumstances. Read the small print.

I complained to them about it going from ?9.99 to ?12.99 and threatened to cancel, even though I wouldn't have as its still good value. After about 2 months they eventually replied to my 4 e-mails basically saying its ?12.99 and that's that!

I just cancelled the Direct Debit and ignored two of the letters they sent out wanting the cash. The signal was switched off by them in July and I've heard nothing since .

Have a read of this from moneyexpert..

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1105281

I had a complete nightmare last season with them ie the signal kept going whenever there was a live match I wanted to watch. Phoned several times hung on phone lines for several hours and never got it resolved. Eventually after asking for the JKB help I cancelled my DD and eventually got a phone call from them to remind me to pay and I told them where to shove their service. Got a call from them last night asking if I would like to join and guess what I said!.

Actually the very worst customer service I have ever received and for that reason I will never have Setanta.

tell them to stick it, go to your bank and cancel the direct debit.

Here is my experaince of them. It drove me to this.

Dear Sir/Madam

I am writing to you for help and information to help me resolve an account problem I have encountered with your company.

On the 28th June 2008 I decided I wished to cancel my Setanta subscription; I looked out the relevant paper-work and got the phone number for your customer service department. I called on July 3rd and was told by a very helpful person that it was not a problem; I would have to give 30 days notice on my account and would be due one more payment of ?12.99 (a price increase about which I had not been previously informed). The same day, I posted off the letter stating my desire to cancel; a few days later I called and paid the ?12.99 still due. I paid this by Visa debit card as a one-off payment. A few days later I had no Setanta sports signal on my TV and assumed everything was settled properly.

On the 13th of August I received a phone call from your company asking me to pay a further ?12.99 that was still due to my account (a payment that had not been collected from my account on August 5th). Originally, I paid by Direct Debit each month around the 8th, and the last payment made this way was on the 5th June 2008 for ?9.99 (and before that 8th May2008 for ?9.99). After I had sent the letter and paid my ?12.99 around the 3rd July 2008, I canceled my Direct Debit - it was no longer required because, to my knowledge, all payments had been made. I asked the customer service rep on the phone how he had attempted to take the payment on the 5th of August and he told me they used my bank card number which I had given for the payment of my final ?12.99 . I asked your rep to explain why your company had tried to take money out of my account using my bank card number without my authorization? He told me it was down as my preferred method of payment. I only used this method of payment once and definitely never gave my consent for it to be used again. This is one of the things that annoys me most about this whole thing. Under no circumstance should anybody be trying to take payments out of my account that I have not authorized and I certainly did not authorize this. I was getting nowhere with the rep on the phoned as he tried to explain things to me so I asked to speak to a supervisor or a manager; however, I was told, ?No, we are far too busy.? I explained to your rep that I was also very busy, but would really like to speak to someone who could maybe explain things better; again I was told: ?No, this is a big office and everyone is very busy.? I would just like to explain at this point that I run my own business; I feel if I displayed this level of customer care, I would have no customers.

I was then told that the reason I was still due ?12.99 was that it had changed to 60 days notice to cancel your account; that may be well correct now but at the time I sent my letter and phoned to ask about how to cancel I was told 30 days, so this 60 day notice police should not apply to me.

I then asked, if I was due money, why was I not receiving my Setanta sports channel? I was told if I had a problem with the signal I should have called the customer service department. At this point I was beginning to get very angry and tried to explain to the rep that I did not realize I had a problem with the signal - I just thought I had successfully canceled my subscription and that was why I had no signal. He then told me I was correct and my signal had been blocked: he would reinstate the signal and I would have it for 30 days notice, for which I would now have to pay the ?12.99 due!

I told the rep I did not want the signal reinstated as I do not want Setanta sports, but it was sent anyway. It was unexplained why the 60 days notice suddenly changed back to 30 days.

In short I feel utterly let down by your company; I feel the ?12.99 payment apparently still required of me is well covered in the month that I have not been receiving your channel; and I feel there is no reason for me to pay ?12.99 now to receive it for 30 days when I don't want it. I was also told if I did not pay it would affect my credit rating - I see this as a form of bullying people into paying something they believe they do not have to pay for. I would like a reply to this letter within two weeks of post date; if I do not receive one I will request Consumer Rights' assistance in addressing the matter, and will also check with my bank and the police with regards to unauthorized use of my bank details.

Yours Sincerely

Do you know where hell is

They're a **** mob imo. I had to pay two bank charges because of these muppets. I signed up on freeview last season, first 2 months for free. I contacted them when i was activating and was told, the card was in the post and my direct debit would come out on the first of the following month as the two months free came off at the end, a bit of false advertising as on the box it said "first two months free".

The doughnuts took the first payment off ten days later which was halfway through the month! I contacted them and was told sorry and the next payment would be on the first of the next month. The ****ing clowns then took it off on the 28th of the same month! i was again charged another ?30.

I contacted teh muppets who denied all knowledge of my previous calls and said, if i had been on the phone i was "miss informed". I was told to write in for a refund regarding my bank charges. I got no reply, i then called back 7 times and was fobbed off on each (it was around the time of the postal strike) occasion.

I eventually cancelled my direct debit and they cut me off a month later, the guy phoned me up and said i hadnt honoured my 30 days notice, he was told to **** off, and that i was due two months free anyway. They now call me up every 2 months to offer me the 3 months free deal. *****s!

I would rather go to the boozer and watch it.

Jack Torrance
I complained to them about it going from ?9.99 to ?12.99 and threatened to cancel, even though I wouldn't have as its still good value. After about 2 months they eventually replied to my 4 e-mails basically saying its ?12.99 and that's that!

That's unfortunate.:)

Glasgow Jambo

I've had it for two years and have no intention of cancelling, but I have received no WRITTEN confirmation that cancelation is 60 days. According to the last WRITTEN document I received, cancellation period is 30 days. End Of

I had a long running argument wi setanta. Won't bore you wi details but upshot was a similar offer to Biggar Jambo. New contract @ ?7,50 a month for 6 months then ?12,99.

Guess what?

They took my first payment, but they took the full ?12.99. Fecking bunch of thieving MOD EDIT. The phone call to argue my case would probably cost more than the saving so I've just left it.

I long for the day Sky get Scottish football back so I can tell these OF feckwits to beat it back to their MOD EDIT. Unlikely I know but I live in hope!

Gillsland jack

The worst customer service ever....nightmare to deal with.

QUOTE=Shaggy2;481837]I had a long running argument wi setanta. Won't bore you wi details but upshot was a similar offer to Biggar Jambo. New contract @ ?7,50 a month for 6 months then ?12,99.

Guess what?

They took my first payment, but they took the full ?12.99. Fecking bunch of thieving Micks. The phone call to argue my case would probably cost more than the saving so I've just left it.

I long for the day Sky get Scottish football back so I can tell these OF feckwits to beat it back to their tattie fields. Unlikely I know but I live in hope!

Just one of the legal places Celtic and now Sunderland are getting money, where the rest comes from is anyones guess

Just one of the legal places Celtic and now Sunderland are getting money, where the rest comes from is anyones guess

eh setantas :confused::confused: owned by venture capital funds goldman sachs ect and a couple of Chelsea fans no celtic or sunderland connections as far as i am aware

Archived