Csaba at the Shareholders tonight...

Meadows

Csaba and Werner were the guests at the Dinner tonight, it was possibly one of the worst meals served at Tynecastle since Sodexho left:mad:..Yuk!!!

However Csaba answered a lot of questions,mostly entertaining..using glasses to explain formations & tactics..analogy's like" you keep the same mattress but when you get a new one you wonder why you stuck with the old one.""Change your bed,not your wife it is cheaper".:)

He was asked about discipline,his edited answer was there is no problem in the dressing room or on the pitch,Miko was unlucky and a little foolish,Mikey Stewart was also foolish but there is no problem.

Cliques...only natural but getting better harmony in the squad everyday,Big Zal & Berra are now close off the pitch for example.

Did Romanov pick the team...ten minute answer,i think it was we discuss but i pick,it is my team,Vlad owns the club.

Ambition...His dream is to win the SPL, but realistically gradual improvement is the aim.

Any more Liths coming..."Dont know"

Youngsters...when they are ready and the team is strong the time will be right.

Overhaul...sort the first team and work down to youths.

Banks...He spoke with Banks in Germany and they discussed possible replacements,Banks was happy to coach and they had a huge need for a youth coach,simple.

lots more obviously, but my memory aint great,but i'll never forget that horrible meal:rolleyes:

Pants Shaton

"The manager, who will have full responsibility for team selection, will be an experienced football manager and will preferably have experience of management in British football." Heartsfc.co.uk 01/01/08

Tonight, at the HMSA event, Csaba was asked on two occasions whether he has full control of team selection. On both occasions he evaded directly answering the question, but conceded that decisions on team selection and tactics are reached following full consultation with the 'sporting director' (Korbotchka) and owner.

The January promise has not been kept.

I believe that, unhindered, Csaba can deliver suksis for the club but ongoing interference is a recipe for disaster.

ToadKiller Dog

Did you feel Csaba being honest as a few are questioning his honesty on here today?.

aimed at meadows as had not read gsman before merged

Pants Shaton
Interesting. 2 threads, 2 completely different interpretations.

There is no question that Csaba is an intelligent man, more articulate in his 4th language than most Scottish managers are in their first; he was expert at delivering the politician's answer. There is no question that things have improved during his short time at the club. However, for as long as incompetents like Korbotchka have significant influence, this squad will not realise its potential.

All I can say is that the soup was crap but the main course was fine. :rolleyes:

Anyone else have an opinion on the meal?

Who chose the menu? Romanov or Csaba?

Robbos Right Peg
Interesting. 2 threads, 2 completely different interpretations.

I have the complete transcript. It depends if you fell asleep during the managers diatribe or not

I have to agree with Meadows the meal was rank

Did you feel Csaba being honest as a few are questioning his honesty on here today?.

aimed at meadows as had not read gsman before merged

I have access to the audio of the whole Q & A , if Admin agree i can have it emailed to them and have them stream it or whatever the technical term is!!

Everyone could then decide themselves.

My own opinion (to answer) is he toes the party line with some answers,is clever with others and probably more honest than any other manager we have had under Romanov.

Commander Harris
Well how many 'Liths' have arrived on the playing staff since he took over?

Pants Shaton

sir+elton+john_855_18295483_0_0_13857_300.jpg

Given some of the pap that is given its own thread, I can't believe mine has been merged!

That's it I'm leaving!

sir+elton+john_855_18295483_0_0_13857_300.jpg

Geoff Kilpatrick

If Csaba wants to discuss things with people, then that isn't an issue, provided the names he ends up writing on the team sheet are his decision alone. I'm still of the opinion that that is the case.

All I can say is that the soup was crap but the main course was fine. :rolleyes:

dave..I thought the soup was to remind Csaba of his early Romania days..by the time the main course arrived it was eat it or phone Pizza Hut and i could'nt get a signal;)

Jam Tarts 1874
"The manager, who will have full responsibility for team selection, will be an experienced football manager and will preferably have experience of management in British football." Heartsfc.co.uk 01/01/08

Tonight, at the HMSA event, Csaba was asked on two occasions whether he has full control of team selection. On both occasions he evaded directly answering the question, but conceded that decisions on team selection and tactics are reached following full consultation with the 'sporting director' (Korbotchka) and owner.

The January promise has not been kept.

I believe that, unhindered, Csaba can deliver suksis for the club but ongoing interference is a recipe for disaster.

In your opinion, you seem to be providing your own interpretation of what a "promise" is and also your own interpretations of Csaba's words.

Robbos Right Peg
There is no question that Csaba is an intelligent man, more articulate in his 4th language than most Scottish managers are in their first; he was expert at delivering the politician's answer. There is no question that things have improved during his short time at the club. However, for as long as incompetents like Korbotchka have significant influence, this squad will not realise its potential.

Aye right.............. in what respect ? Beaten by Airdrie United at home thats a step up right enough. Dont even start to give me the 'its a Mikey Mouse Cup ' As I would have loved to be picking the damn thing up at Hampden a few months from now given the chance.

Commander Harris

what was your interpretation of what Csaba said?

portobellojambo1
Csaba and Werner were the guests at the Dinner tonight, it was possibly one of the worst meals served at Tynecastle since Sodexho left:mad:..Yuk!!!

However Csaba answered a lot of questions,mostly entertaining..using glasses to explain formations & tactics..analogy's like" you keep the same mattress but when you get a new one you wonder why you stuck with the old one.""Change your bed,not your wife it is cheaper".:)

He was asked about discipline,his edited answer was there is no problem in the dressing room or on the pitch,Miko was unlucky and a little foolish,Mikey Stewart was also foolish but there is no problem.

Cliques...only natural but getting better harmony in the squad everyday,Big Zal & Berra are now close off the pitch for example.

Did Romanov pick the team...ten minute answer,i think it was we discuss but i pick,it is my team,Vlad owns the club.

Ambition...His dream is to win the SPL, but realistically gradual improvement is the aim.

Any more Liths coming..."Dont know"

Youngsters...when they are ready and the team is strong the time will be right.

Overhaul...sort the first team and work down to youths.

Banks...He spoke with Banks in Germany and they discussed possible replacements,Banks was happy to coach and they had a huge need for a youth coach,simple.

lots more obviously, but my memory aint great,but i'll never forget that horrible meal:rolleyes:

C,

Did anyone ask him about the first team squad, or specifically the numbers he feels are possibly surplus to requirements, but presently holding down either first 11 places or certainly first team squad positions. I ask because he did make this information available at a recent meeting, and I was surprised when I heard his answer, although no names were mentioned.

Pants Shaton

This isn't a question of interpretation or opinion. He said (TWICE) that team selection and tactical decisions are made in collaboration with the sporting director. Given the record of the sporting director that is unacceptable and is not FULL CONTROL, as PROMISED by the club in January.

portobellojambo1
what was your interpretation of what Csaba said?

I think that was his interpretation, Csaba thought the soup was p i s h but the main course was the dogs bollocks.

Ryan Gosling
C,

Did anyone ask him about the first team squad, or specifically the numbers he feels are possibly surplus to requirements, but presently holding down either first 11 places or certainly first team squad positions. I ask because he did make this information available at a recent meeting, and I was surprised when I heard his answer, although no names were mentioned.

Would you care to tell us? :P

Nobody asked any questions about specific players PJ..but as i said my memory aint brilliant,however if admin want they can stream the whole Q & A for everyone to hear everything..

Aye right.............. in what respect ? Beaten by Airdrie United thats a step up right enough.

Possibly playing good football. Up to the final third sadly, but I believe we are a pacy direct forward away from being damned impressive.

pupstersajambo

toes the line? Thats a pity, him kicking it as you allude to, prefer it if he just went along with it, possibly tow the line so to say

Commander Harris
I think that was his interpretation, Csaba thought the soup was p i s h but the main course was the dogs bollocks.

:laugh:

fair enough I suppose. :)

Nobody asked any questions about specific players PJ..but as i said my memory aint brilliant,however if admin want they can stream the whole Q & A for everyone to hear everything..

Didn't know it was recorded but assuming no-one in the HMSA politburo objects ( and I can't see why they would ) I'm sure Dexter would rig it up - he likes that sort of stuff. :)

Commander Harris
This isn't a question of interpretation or opinion. He said (TWICE) that team selection and tactical decisions are made in collaboration with the sporting director. Given the record of the sporting director that is unacceptable and is not FULL CONTROL, as PROMISED by the club in January.

if Csaba consults with others but has the final decision(as meadows account seems to suggest that's what he was saying) would that be acceptable?

:laugh:

fair enough I suppose. :)

Difficult to tell. Very articulate but often didn't answer the question or drifted on to something else. He admitted VR has influence, more so when he answered the first question on it as opposed to the second, but it sounded to me that he may have VR on his side and, as long as he plays along with the game, is pretty much picking the team and tactics.

Pants Shaton
if Csaba consults with others but has the final decision(as meadows account seems to suggest that's what he was saying) would that be acceptable?

'FULL CONTROL' was promised. He could simply have answered 'yes I have full control'. He didn't.

I'm not here to sh*t stir, but I left Tynecastle hugely disappointed tonight. The tragedy here is that, left to his own devices, Csaba would be a good manager.

(The soup was poor, the main course was pretty good for the Gorgie Suite)

(Lots of chatter about Riordan being at Tynecastle today - probably nonsense)

The Wicker Man

Sounds like Csaba chose the 1st course - after the poor support of the team on Wednesday.

To quote the man ;)

"Football without supporters is like soup without flavour"

dave..I thought the soup was to remind Csaba of his early Romania days..by the time the main course arrived it was eat it or phone Pizza Hut and i could'nt get a signal;)

The soup was vegetable but not one I'm familiar with. :cool_shades:

'FULL CONTROL' was promised. He could simply have answered 'yes I have full control'. He didn't.

I'm not here to sh*t stir, but I left Tynecastle hugely disappointed tonight. The tragedy here is that, left to his own devices, Csaba would be a good manager.

We don't know that. I like Csaba so far but you can't say that he would definitely do well with us if it wasn't for the influence of Romanov.

Sometimes I feel that Csaba may have just made a bad decision in the team selection or substituions and it will all get blamed on Romanov.

That, I suppose, is the best thing about being a manager at us under Romanov. Bad decisions-Romanov's decisions. Good decisions-manager's decisions.

Commander Harris

I just asked a question. let me rephrase it in the terms of your reply.

for you, would it count as "full control" if Csaba consulted with others, but was responsible for the final decision?

Ryan Gosling
We don't know that. I like Csaba so far but you can't say that he would definitely do well with us if it wasn't for the influence of Romanov.

Sometimes I feel that Csaba may have just made a bad decision in the team selection or substituions and it will all get blamed on Romanov.

That, I suppose, is the best thing about being a manager at us under Romanov. Bad decisions-Romanov's decisions. Good decisions-manager's decisions.

That's exactly how it goes.

Pants Shaton
I just asked a question. let me rephrase it in the terms of your reply.

for you, would it count as "full control" if Csaba consulted with others, but was responsible for the final decision?

If he is allowed to dismiss the opinions of Romanov and Korbotchjob, then yes. But why not, in that case, answer yes when asked if you have full control?

Robbos Right Peg
Possibly playing good football. Up to the final third sadly, but I believe we are a pacy direct forward away from being damned impressive.

So basicaly what you think is playing good football is better than being beaten at home by AIRDRIE Maybe my standards for Hearts are a wee bit higher than yours.

Reality check is that we have the same pony players that we had last year that finished in the bottom 6.......... couldnt beat Gretna.........and are now unable to beat a first division team at home with a manger that talks in more riddles than the owner.

We have shed more forwards than I care to remember and are left with Mole (who was a failure at a first division team) & Nade who according to the manager is the best professional at the club but still starts on the bench. And some other bloke who has been constantly injured since he arrived in Edinburgh/Germany.

Dream on my man

Ryan Gosling
If he is allowed to dismiss the opinions of Romanov and Korbotchjob, then yes. But why not, in that case, answer yes when asked if you have full control?

Because he enjoys talking?

Well how many 'Liths' have arrived on the playing staff since he took over?

There are more than enough already.

I concur re food.The questions were fielded with cosumate ease because everyone has asked the same question since day one who picks the team? from the media to the fans forums and beyond, he must be serious peed off.The paranioa while understandable is franky wearing thin.Maybe we give him until the 1st round of games before we attack him again.

He was warm and was able to answer all the questions in the style of a politician ie what we want to hear and what he wants to say.

I personaly found him to be a nice guy who would be welcome to join me for a pint in the Rule anytime.:toasting:

He could also have answered that he didn't have full control. I presume he didn't do that either, meaning we are left to our own opinions.

I don't think CL has ever said he has or wants full control. He has referred to togetherness and consultation but has said that he has the final say on team selection. That means listening to what others say and inevitably that will mean compromise occasionally.

Pants Shaton
No manager has "full control" - any major decisions usually have to be approved at board level.

We accept that transfers are often directed, and always sanctioned, by Romanov - that is hardly unusual in the football world.

Interfering with selection and tactics is not standard practice.

Dream on my man

I will. Do you really expect everything to change overnight? Small steps. The first one is the fact that there seems to be a coherent gameplan on the pitch. Something we have been missing for a long time. We do need a pacy forward/goalscorer quite desperately though.

Archived