Am I allowed to ask? Is Csaba any good?

boabyarsebiscuit

I think Laszlo has already improved things and to that end he has been good for the club. The problem is his hands are tied slightly, and we will never be able to judge him fully as with all previous managers.

The bottom line is, Romanov calls the shots as he always has done, for years, ever since he took over.

I am surprised at the amount of people that seem to think this has suddenly changed, especially when the tell tale signs of past mistakes are still staring us in the face, for example, defenders in midfield, sudden influx of Kaunas signings, Zaliukas first name on the team sheet, and so on. All of these were problems before Lazslo was here, and they are still happening now.

The point is that Laszlo has already improved the team (granted it wouldn't have been hard) and i'm sure he will continue to do so. However he'll probably never get the chance to have a free reign of things and that will always be the thing that holds Hearts back while Romanov is in charge (whether people want to admit it or not).

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
I think Laszlo has already improved things and to that end he has been good for the club. The problem is his hands are tied slightly, and we will never be able to judge him fully as with all previous managers.

The bottom line is, Romanov calls the shots as he always has done, for years, ever since he took over.

I am surprised at the amount of people that seem to think this has suddenly changed, especially when the tell tale signs of past mistakes are still staring us in the face, for example, defenders in midfield, sudden influx of Kaunas signings, Zaliukas first name on the team sheet, and so on. All of these were problems before Lazslo was here, and they are still happening now.

The point is that Laszlo has already improved the team (granted it wouldn't have been hard) and i'm sure he will continue to do so. However he'll probably never get the chance to have a free reign of things and that will always be the thing that holds Hearts back while Romanov is in charge (whether people want to admit it or not).

This always gets me too. We were playing Tall in midfield over two years ago. A central defender in midfield is clearly the preference of somebody who has been at the club since at least the summer of 2006. Now, who could that be?...:)

It is waaaaaaaaaay too early to judge, but I have major concerns about players playing out of position. If this is Shabba's pick, it doesn't look great

This always gets me too. We were playing Tall in midfield over two years ago. A central defender in midfield is clearly the preference of somebody who has been at the club since at least the summer of 2006. Now, who could that be?...:)

Er, the kit man? I hope you're not suggesting it's Romanov! Because as we all know Csaba Laszlo picks the team ;)

That will be the same manager who was screaming at Berra & his defence to get out quicker & defend higher up the pitch during the last 15 minutes on saturday.........

As players get tired towards the end of a game, and are only one goal up they often defend deeper - tiredness and edgieness

You see it all the time in games

Nothing to do with Elvis - that's laughable

Fascinating points Boab, I notice like me, you have been avoiding JKB lately.

I gave in and about a week before Csaba was announced as manager I renewed my ST, though not my daughter's. If 9-10,000 people had renewed then my holding out in the end would have made no difference or that of anyone else. My mate who went with me to the games refused to renew.

The latest straw of hope has been Csaba's arrival. My personal belief is that he is a decent man trying to do his best for Hearts in his new job. He may be limited in his tactical awareness. However when Lother Mathaeus made his outburst about his appointment it was put down to sour grapes but maybe he had a point.

The bottom line is Csaba will only have SO MUCH control in the end. Far less than any other SPL manager. I really don't think he will be at Hearts by the end of the season. I can understand people hopes but that should not blind us to the record that Vladimir Romanov has regarding "managers". I think Laszlo will reach his breaking point. And probably so will Vladimir.

Shame, because I like Csaba and think he is an honest and capable person in many ways.

Luther Mattheus was just being a jerk. The guy was fired from Red Bulls Salzburg as assitant to Trappatoni (sp). The last straw was his stupid reaction to Trappatoni's 2 signings from Argentina based on DvDs alone. The signings turned out to be great but no one knew it at the time except the Great Trappatoni. Luther Mattheus dared to question Trappatoni, caused conflict in the club and exposed his bigotry. He had to go. Time proved that to be a good decision.

Meanwhile, Csaba was getting his hands dirty leading a national team in Africa - no easy feat - to wins against teams like Angola (2006 World Cup participants) and Nigeria led by Luther's mate Berti Vogts.:P:eek: The same Vogts.

One problem with Csaba, was his stubbornness to change his first eleven when players lost their form. This cost him the game against Benin by 4-1 but he bounced back with a 3-1 against Angola after instituting a system where his senior players and assistants, weighed in on team selection and tactical matters. At Hearts it's Vlad, not Stewart or Kingston weighing in.

Charlie-Brown
As players get tired towards the end of a game, and are only one goal up they often defend deeper - tiredness and edgieness

You see it all the time in games

Nothing to do with Elvis - that's laughable

What about when we defend too deeply from the start of games like in the first 45 minutes at Easter Road last season and Hibs just dinked passes into Brown and Fletcher in the gap between our midfield and back four (on the 18 yard line) ..... was Berra etc tired and edgy from kick-off in that game too?

I stand by my assertion that a lot of Berra's habits both good & bad were learned in his formative games playing beside Elvis for 20+ games.

Whose idea is 4-5-1?

Certainly not Laszlo's idea in my opinion.

He came out and said after the pre-season friendly defeat to Dunfermilne that he had learned that the 4-5-1 formation didnt work and pretty much said would not be using it again.

But it has been used in every game so far.:mad:

What about when we defend too deeply from the start of games like in the first 45 minutes at Easter Road last season and Hibs just dinked passes into Brown and Fletcher in the gap between our midfield and back four (on the 18 yard line) ..... was Berra etc tired and edgy from kick-off in that game too?

I stand by my assertion that a lot of Berra's habits both good & bad were learned in his formative games playing beside Elvis for 20+ games.

Our tactics at Easter Road have been flawed just about every game since Vlad came in.

Berra and the defence will do by and large what they are told to by the guys on the sidelines. It remains a fairly standard footballing problem that teams defend deeper towards the end of a game

If Berra has picked up flaws from players/coaches he has played with in his time in the firsts, there are any number of people higher up the queue than Elvis.

But to suggest a player that left 2 years ago is responsible to any extent for the fact that our defence was too deep against St Mirren is ludicrous even by your standards ;)

A very well thought out OP. One point I would add to several of the equally incisive responses is that I think Csaba has them playing 4-5-1 better than any prevous manager has:

- sure the defence have been a bit sloppy, but I was really pleased to see Kello givimg the ball to defenders rather than kicking long all the time;

- Yes the defence slip deep but Csaba can be seen to be up there haranguing them to move up;

- We ARE lacking a cutting edge but you can see the confidence returning to the players;

We are not the finished article but I think we are seeing a manager who is doing his best to make 4-5-1 work without top quality players...Whether Csaba chose or favours 4-5-1 is another question though...and I think Boaby is correct to question rhis, but I don't think we or Csaba can do anything about it either way...

Charlie-Brown
Our tactics at Easter Road have been flawed just about every game since Vlad came in.

Berra and the defence will do by and large what they are told to by the guys on the sidelines. It remains a fairly standard footballing problem that teams defend deeper towards the end of a game

If Berra has picked up flaws from players/coaches he has played with in his time in the firsts, there are any number of people higher up the queue than Elvis.

But to suggest a player that left 2 years ago is responsible to any extent for the fact that our defence was too deep against St Mirren is ludicrous even by your standards ;)

We defend too deeply at times because Berra keeps his back line too deep...he is the captain and leader in the back four - he decides the line and when & how far we push up and out - he learned the ropes in the first team playing alongside Elvis at a time when Elvis was too old & slow to play a high back line - hence Berra came accustomed to relying on defending deep and has often kept a similar line since he started controlling the back line after Elvis left - it's how he's used to playing. That's all.

I think we'll have to wait until well into the season as it's unfair to judge either way after a few games. However, if we had a good finisher up front then things would be a lot better.

He basically doesn't believe in the 'traditional' 2 up front as he stated tonight. He thinks, with the right player 'in the hole' it is a more effective tactic.

Charlie-Brown
I think we'll have to wait until well into the season as it's unfair to judge either way after a few games. However, if we had a good finisher up front then things would be a lot better.

He basically doesn't believe in the 'traditional' 2 up front as he stated tonight. He thinks, with the right player 'in the hole' it is a more effective tactic.

Assuming that one from Mole / Tullberg / Nade will be the target-man striker who works the defenders & helping to link play and play in others then it is the player in the 'hole' who should get the most chances and make late runs into the box to get across defenders etc. None of Kingston, Ksanavicius or Obua have enough goal-hunger about them to get into the box enough in a Skacel / Cameron / Hartley fashion.....also the wingers need to tuck in at the back post on crosses to provide an extra target and support for the main striker.

Assuming that one from Mole / Tullberg / Nade will be the target-man striker who works the defenders & helping to link play and play in others then it is the player in the 'hole' who should get the most chances and make late runs into the box to get across defenders etc. None of Kingston, Ksanavicius or Obua have enough goal-hunger about them to get into the box enough in a Skacel / Cameron / Hartley fashion.....also the wingers need to tuck in at the back post on crosses to provide an extra target and support for the main striker.

He did seem to talk about Tullberg playing in the hole but I may have got my tumblers confused. :cool:

We defend too deeply at times because Berra keeps his back line too deep...he is the captain and leader in the back four - he decides the line and when & how far we push up and out - he learned the ropes in the first team playing alongside Elvis at a time when Elvis was too old & slow to play a high back line - hence Berra came accustomed to relying on defending deep and has often kept a similar line since he started controlling the back line after Elvis left - it's how he's used to playing. That's all.

....and Mole learned not to score goals during 2 seasons at Livvie and QOTS, hence his lack of goals to date

....and all of our Kaunas players learned the ropes in a mediocre league where they were barely tested, hence their continued mediocrity now

....and Kurskis learned the ropes from our new goalie coach....

....and Mikey S learned the ropes from Paul Scholes

Its all so clear now.

And our manager is powerless to move Berra 5 metres up the pitch because of that nasty Elvis....

...and i thought we had found the cure to that problem. Clearly not

....hmmm another u-turn

Did he say "he" or "we" when confirming this non-belief?

Toxteth O'Grady

So playing 20 odd games with Mhodedit has had more influence on Berra than all of the other games (cant be bothered to count how many) since?

Bollox

....hmmm another u-turn

Did he say "he" or "we" when confirming this non-belief?

He believes that is 4-4-2, the continental version rather than the British one. :)

Charlie-Brown
....and Mole learned not to score goals during 2 seasons at Livvie and QOTS, hence his lack of goals to date

....and all of our Kaunas players learned the ropes in a mediocre league where they were barely tested, hence their continued mediocrity now

....and Kurskis learned the ropes from our new goalie coach....

....and Mikey S learned the ropes from Paul Scholes

Its all so clear now.

And our manager is powerless to move Berra 5 metres up the pitch because of that nasty Elvis....

...and i thought we had found the cure to that problem. Clearly not

Csaba urgently requested that Berra move his back line at least 5 metres up the pitch on saturday - at half time at fester last season Frail moved the back line higher up the pitch 2nd half .... whether you accept it or not it is one of Berra's flaws in his game keeping his back line too deep and not moving out quick enough - I put this down to the time when he played with Elvis and we purposely kept a very deep back line....you are entitled to disagree but i haven't seen you come up with an alternative or better theory.

He believes that is 4-4-2, the continental version rather than the British one. :)

aaaah "lost in translation" - that old chestnut.

Charlie-Brown
So playing 20 odd games with Mhodedit has had more influence on Berra than all of the other games (cant be bothered to count how many) since?

Bollox

Before Elvis left Berra had the positioning of the back line set for him by the on-pitch leader ie Elvis.....once Elvis departed and a collection of Tall, Zaliukas & Karipidis etc played beside Berra in the back line it became Berra's responsibility to set the back line - far too often he just keeps roughly the same positioning as he did when Elvis set the line - this stretches the game between front and back and creates too much ground between front and back.......put it this way I've seen Frail & Csaba urge he defence out on several occassions - they aren't setting the back line Berra is and he's setting it too deep if the coaches reactions / alterations are anything to go by.

Csaba urgently requested that Berra move his back line at least 5 metres up the pitch on saturday - at half time at fester last season Frail moved the back line higher up the pitch 2nd half .... whether you accept it or not it is one of Berra's flaws in his game keeping his back line too deep and not moving out quick enough - I put this down to the time when he played with Elvis and we purposely kept a very deep back line....you are entitled to disagree but i haven't seen you come up with an alternative or better theory.

Frail did nothing whatsoever at Easter Road last season - he had no power at that stage

Mikey Stewart did suggest the tactics changed though. I remember him ranting and raving that how they had been set out (to stand off Hibs I seem to remember) had been a disaster and it was changed at half time.

Charlie-Brown
Frail did nothing whatsoever at Easter Road last season - he had no power at that stage

Mikey Stewart did suggest the tactics changed though. I remember him ranting and raving that how they had been set out (to stand off Hibs I seem to remember) had been a disaster and it was changed at half time.

This article doesn't read like Frail did nothing or had no input regards that match.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/low/football/scot_cups/7077982.stm

Pressley, still destroying the club, two years later.

What a heap of propagandist p1sh.

it's true ********* himself does still have an effect on the club.

the way he's taught the youngsters or whatever he's passed on whether it be hiv or footballing tips.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
While we cast our eyes over our start to the season, even at this early stage, it seems that some of the same old coals are being raked over. Some people are asking the questions that get asked pretty much every time we get a new manager, or coach, or whatever Csaba Laszlo's job title actually is (I can't be bothered checking heartsfc.co.uk to actually check it right now).

Does Csaba have full control of the footballing side at Hearts?

Is Mr. Romanov (still) pulling the strings?

Does the Korobochka and Cervenkov "Axis of Gash" actually make the policy decisions with Csaba left to train the team as some sort of Romanian/Hungarian/German version of Steven Frail?

Whose idea is 4-5-1?

Playing players out of position, whose idea is that?

While many of you will already be up in arms and will be poised over that choicest weapon of the Romanov jihadists, the "hobo fish" smiley, hear me out.

Csaba Laszlo burst onto the scene at Hearts and certainly at first seemed to be a breath of fresh air. He talked a good game. And while the phrase "together" he chucked into an early press conference frightened me slightly, many passed off Csaba's comments on his working relationship with Mr. Romanov as nothing "out of the ordinary" at a modern professional football club. According to many, Mr. Romanov is right to have input on the football side. It is after all "his" club. Csaba will be well aware of how things work at Hearts, and will have decided at his interview that he can work within the setup put in place by Mr. Romanov.

The relationship between Anatoly Korobochka, Angel Cervenkov (and to a certain extent Arturas Ramoska) on the one hand, and Csaba Laszlo and Werner Burger on the other, is also something that might be nothing at all to worry about and again could be perfectly normal. But despite much improved communications from the club over the summer period, I've never been able to work out exactly what Anatoly does. Or what some of the other suits in Mr. Romanov?s coterie do either. Pedro Lopez? Mindgaudgas Wossisname? The woman who expertly conned Fernando Screpis into signing a contract he couldn't understand? See, the problem I have is, if I don't know what all these other people actually do, or what they have responsibility for, I can never ever quite work out where Csaba Laszlo's area of responsibility begins and ends, so I'm never really going to be sure how good, or bad, a manager Csaba is.

As an example. I've always thought a good way of judging a manager (among many, but I'm singling this one out) is to judge him on his signings. But if Kello and now Wrowiec are not Csaba's signings, is it fair to judge Csaba on the success (or otherwise) of these players? Obua is most certainly a Csaba signing? Is Tullberg too?

Even the most basic benchmarks that you judge a manager on can be obscured if you are never quite sure who is calling the shots. Last season we finished 8th with a grossly underachieving squad. Mr. Romanov came out in close season and blamed this on "locals" in the management setup (that's you Frail). But even a simple glance at where we were when Steven Frail was allegedly given control, and where we ended up, doesn't tie in with Mr. Romanov's view. Much of last season's underachievement was overseen by Messrs Korobochka and Cervenkov. And these footballing luminaries both still have their feet firmly tucked under the Romanov table.

I'm not going to focus on those areas too much though. As you all say, it's been done to death, and it's boring, and if I don't like it I can bin my ST, and ignore the Away Scheme emails, and get myself down to Costco on a Saturday afternoon.

However, there is one thing that doesn't seem to get a lot of airtime on here. And I suppose I think it's time to wonder out loud about Csaba Laszlo and his abilities as a manager.

So I have to ask, if Csaba is in control, as most of you seem to vehemently state is the case, is he actually any good? Can we even judge yet?

I really enjoyed the opening game of the season against Motherwell. But since then I have seen some signs that I am not quite sure everything is as rosy in the garden is everyone is making out. And the scariest thing is that I think Csaba's game plan is a slightly better marketed version of that employed by Graham Rix. Yes, I do.

Graham Rix once famously had a Thursday night chat with Jim Duffy, while the Duffster was a pundit, weeks before Duffy rolled up at Tynie as a "coach" and then "Director of Football". Duffy pointed out that Graham's trademark "keepball" approach (resting in possession) was suffering because he was being outmatched in midfield. Duffy suggested 4-5-1 for that weekend's match. And at 4-0 against a 10 man Hibs it certainly looked to have worked (that game should never have ended up 4-1 but that is another story). Rix built his style on keeping possession, passing the ball about until chinks in the opponents defence appeared. With Skacel and Hartley able to feed off of a genuinely good footballing centre forward who could retain the ball and bring these players into play in areas where goalscoring opportunities were available, we were able to penetrate. But I think overall the tempo was too slow, and in Scotland the tactic didn't really work against teams prepared to bunch up "behind the ball" or those who had a tendency to get "stuck in". I think the only game it really worked in was that 4-1 thrashing of Hibs - there may have been others, but possibly Valdas was "in" and Rix was "out" by then. The problem was Rix had no Plan B. His in-game management skills were limited.

What I see now as Csaba's trademark strategy is, to my mind, pretty much what Graham Rix tried to do. Will Csaba's brand of possession football succeed where Graham Rix's failed? The on-field personnel's different for sure. Although if it's actually better than what Rix had at his disposal, that one I think is open to debate. And I only see it working at all, if we have a quality striker in the mix. Mr. Tullberg, I hope you're good.

Another "Rix-ism" that was all too clear in the latter stages of both of our home League matches was the tendency to defend "too deep". Many moons ago I pointed out that when given a chance to "coach" at Chelsea (St Gallen UEFA Cup, Leicester 0-2 in the League are good examples) Rix had Leboeuf and Desailly too far back and goals were lost as a result. If you park yourselves to defend a dead ball on the edge of your own 6 yard box, it really doesn't take too much to go wrong for the ball to end up in the back of your net. The St Mirren goal, and the sitter they missed in the last minute of our match last weekend are prime examples of this kamikaze style of defence. You lose the man you're marking 6 yards from goal, to a cross whipped in - it's a goal conceded, nine times out of ten. If you lose the same man and he gets a header in from the edge of the box, well that's some header if the ball ends up nestling in the back of your net.

So even if we ignore some of the wilder speculation that 4-5-1 is the choice of the "Axis of Gash" and not Csaba's choice, that the continued unimaginative use of substitutes is down to some pre-arrangement, or whatever, are we really on the cusp of a new era that will see us grab 3rd place easily and actually threaten Rangers for second?

Or are we just as crap as last season, and what we've seen so far, is that some sort of false dawn? Is Csaba another one of our managers who can't see the tide of a game turning and do something to change it? Is he any good? Is he a puppet? Why does he seemingly contradict himself on a regular basis? Am I allowed to even chuck this stuff up for debate, or am I a Hobo, or an "unreal" fan? Can we wish our worries away and pretend everything is copacetic despite the evidence of the most recent 3 games? Each to their own I suppose.

Thanks for listening.

get a burd! :loser:

Drylaw Hearts

Csaba is another Valdas imo.

The players genuinly liked Valdas in the early days.

But the interference definitately took it's toll and in the end he crumbled under the pressure that VR put him under.

I can see the same happening with Csaba.

Csaba is another Valdas imo.

The players genuinly liked Valdas in the early days.

But the interference definitately took it's toll and in the end he crumbled under the pressure that VR put him under.

I can see the same happening with Csaba.

:Agree:

I posted after the first press conference that was my view. Nothing since has changed that, though Laszlo has improved on pitch things slightly.

Certainly not Laszlo's idea in my opinion.

He came out and said after the pre-season friendly defeat to Dunfermilne that he had learned that the 4-5-1 formation didnt work and pretty much said would not be using it again.

But it has been used in every game so far.:mad:

We do not play 4-5-1, 4-4-1-1 is used. :)

Drylaw Hearts
:Agree:

I posted after the first press conference that was my view. Nothing since has changed that, though Laszlo has improved on pitch things slightly.

It's also been my thoughts since he dodged the "who will pick the team" question during that first PC.

Drylaw Hearts
We do not play 4-5-1, 4-4-1-1 is used. :)

We are still playing the same formation as we used against Dunfermline.

It is only the personnel that has changed.

We played the same formation last Season and it was piiish.

I think he knows what he is doing but his knowledge of potential transfer targets doesn't seem to be the best.

Being out of club football most recently hasnt helped?

I don't understand why he hasn't used any knowledge of hungarian football (except balogh) to bring in a few players. There must be a few bargains to be had over there. We desperately need a striker.

Jam Tarts 1874
I think he knows what he is doing but his knowledge of potential transfer targets doesn't seem to be the best.

Being out of club football most recently hasnt helped?

I don't understand why he hasn't used any knowledge of hungarian football (except balogh) to bring in a few players. There must be a few bargains to be had over there. We desperately need a striker.

I suppose he can't do everything in a few weeks, he has only been here a short time and has had much to sort out.

This article doesn't read like Frail did nothing or had no input regards that match.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/low/football/scot_cups/7077982.stm

Doesnt look like Frail had anything to do with it - which would fit with the fact it was pre Jan 1st.

Stewart comments:

"Harsh words were spoken in the Hearts dressing room during the interval. Michael Stewart, the Hearts midfielder, admitted his team's tactics had "digressed into a shambles" which "a man with a white stick" could have identified and Hearts opened the second half in vivacious style. "

I remember them from the time, and although I cant be bothered to find the full interview, it was clear Stewart was saying that they way they had been set out was ridiculous - clear digs I thought at the "committee", but a clear reference to the players carrying out tactical instructions in the first half that were a shambles

So ultimately Berra was playing where he was told to play

Well you can relax. No hobo can spell underachievement !

I would be very impressed if many Jambos understood "Copacetic" which I assume equates to "everything in the garden is rosy?"

Toxteth O'Grady
Before Elvis left Berra had the positioning of the back line set for him by the on-pitch leader ie Elvis.....once Elvis departed and a collection of Tall, Zaliukas & Karipidis etc played beside Berra in the back line it became Berra's responsibility to set the back line - far too often he just keeps roughly the same positioning as he did when Elvis set the line - this stretches the game between front and back and creates too much ground between front and back.......put it this way I've seen Frail & Csaba urge he defence out on several occassions - they aren't setting the back line Berra is and he's setting it too deep if the coaches reactions / alterations are anything to go by.

Sat right behind the dugout on Wednesday and did'nt once see Csaba telling the defence to hold a higher line.

He did however ask for more effort from Larry and Oboua several times.

Good to get the win yesterday, but raises more questions about Laszlo's managerial ability.

We were crying out for more energy from midfield forward (Kingston and Obua were not contributing much) in the second half. Either of Chesney or Miko would have provided that and instead we got Nade and Ksnavicius. Hamilton were within one shot of a draw yesterday - luckily for us it was a fresh air shot.

Buffalo Bill
Good to get the win yesterday, but raises more questions about Laszlo's managerial ability.

We were crying out for more energy from midfield forward (Kingston and Obua were not contributing much) in the second half. Either of Chesney or Miko would have provided that and instead we got Nade and Ksnavicius. Hamilton were within one shot of a draw yesterday - luckily for us it was a fresh air shot.

You're quite right (as is everyone on this thread) to question Csaba's ability to manage Hearts.

There are more plus points that minus points for me so far, and again I stress, it is very early days and hopefully you, me and everyone can agree that the man needs a bit of time to bed in his methods.

In a very short period of time, he has given us a bit of a moral boost, a few laughs, has united the team, spoken with ambition, got the team playing good football, worked well with Vlad and got (the cup aside) some very good results.

'Time', gentlemen please.

Buffalo Bill

You're quite right (as is everyone on this thread) to question Csaba's ability to manage Hearts.

There are more plus points that minus points for me so far, and again I stress, it is very early days and hopefully you, me and everyone can agree that the man needs a bit of time to bed in his methods.

In a very short period of time, he has given us a bit of a moral boost, a few laughs, has united the team, spoken with ambition, got the team playing good football, worked well with Vlad and got (the cup aside) some very good results.

'Time', gentlemen please.

Buffalo Bill

Absolutely no definitive judgements can be made yet - as the Laszlo era has only started. Even today there are arguments on another thread about the success or otherwise of a manager who left four years ago!

And on top of that there will always be the smell of interference which would pollute any judgement of a VR manager.

I think that there have been positive signs. But yesterday's subs were bizarre I thought. Yet 3 wins in the league are probably all that matters. Even though each of them has ended up a scraped victory which could very easily have gone the other way.

I think that there have been positive signs. But yesterday's subs were bizarre I thought. Yet 3 wins in the league are probably all that matters. Even though each of them has ended up a scraped victory which could very easily have gone the other way.

Thats a key point in the progress Csaba has made with the mental state of the side. Hearts will not go through the whole season picking up points in games that are tight - but for me there is no way we would have picked up the points we have with the mentality and set up of last year.

There is a very big job for Csaba to do - but small steps are bring made.

Thats a key point in the progress Csaba has made with the mental state of the side. Hearts will not go through the whole season picking up points in games that are tight - but for me there is no way we would have picked up the points we have with the mentality and set up of last year.

There is a very big job for Csaba to do - but small steps are bring made.

Agree. Less so yesterday as we were just trying to hang on.

But in the St Mirren and Motherwell games we would have lost with last year's setup. We regularly did.

The Puppeteer

Great post Boaby. It's good to hear a well thought out, coherent post outlining someones doubts rather than some of the gash we've had to put up with.

Interesting point regarding Tullberg is that we were given no indication as to whether he's a Csaba signing or a Romanov one. I think this marks a deliberate shift in policy from the club to present themselves as being one unit working "together" (the watchword of the moment for all things Hearts). I think this is a good thing so long as there's substance behind it and it's not some front for the fact that Vlad's pulling all the strings. Evidence so far seems promising.

On the pitch I'm very impressed with the progression we're making. Our first away win of the season coming in our first away match outside Glasgow against a team that had started the season very impressively and full of confidence themselves is a firm indicator that Csaba has completely turned this team around. We've gone from a side who's confidence and belief in themselves was completely shot to a team that's playing some good football but most importantly winning football games. Yeah, we've a lot of improvement still to make but it's early in the season and early in Csaba's career at Hearts. If we keep winning then belief and confidence will grow, mistakes will become fewer and performances more impressive.

Archived