Kaunas players

Jimbinho

Zaliukas, Mikoliunas, Cesnauskas and by the looks of things Kello, all came from Kaunas and in my opinion are some of our better players also not forgetting Velicka. Obviously a few, infact a large few of Kaunas players couldn't cut it at Hearts but isn't it worth at least giving these guys from Kaunas a chance before they are labelled "duds" ?

rudi must stay
Zaliukas, Mikoliunas, Cesnauskas and by the looks of things Kello, all came from Kaunas and in my opinion are some of our better players also not forgetting Velicka. Obviously a few, infact a large few of Kaunas players couldn't cut it at Hearts but isn't it worth at least giving these guys from Kaunas a chance before they are labelled "duds" ?

agreed. Don't forgot Jankauskas in the first season as well, he was a great signing.

No

I think we've seen enough evidence that players coming across from Kaunas are not being brought across for the correct reasons.

The Polish lad being a decent player is fairly irrelevant to the wider issue as far as i'm concerned.

The manager should be given transfer funds and full control over who to bring into his squad. We've seen from the past two seasons that mass influxes from the Lithuanian champions is not a successful approach.

No

I think we've seen enough evidence that players coming across from Kaunas are not being brought across for the correct reasons.

The Polish lad being a decent player is fairly irrelevant to the wider issue as far as i'm concerned.

The manager should be given transfer funds and full control over who to bring into his squad. We've seen from the past two seasons that mass influxes from the Lithuanian champions is not a successful approach.

2 players consist a mass influx these days aye?

agreed. Don't forgot Jankauskas in the first season as well, he was a great signing.

He didn't come from Kaunas.

2 players consist a mass influx these days aye?

2 so far with another coming in the next few days?

I'd say three from one small side in a small country is what could be described as an influx.

Congratulations on entirely missing the point to try and score some semantic worthless point though.

he was on loan from Kaunas

He signed for Kaunas to sign for us in the same way Bednar did. He was not a Kaunas player. Far too good for that lot.

Even if they are some of our better players, does that mean:

That they have improved us?

The squad has got poorer over the time they have been here?

I think I know the answer.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I think the central point keeps getting lost in the hoo-ha that erupts every time somebody from Kaunas comes over. The main issue is not whether or not they are any good, because surely we can all agree that some of them are good, some are mediocre and some are crap. We can also agree that they are cheap.

But why is Romanov signing them? This is key. Is he signing them because he thinks they will improve Hearts? Or is he playing them at Hearts to increase the chances of making money on them and also because they are very loyal and will unlikely give him any grief like hesitating on contract offers.

I think he's more concerned with these other two things. That means whether or not these players will improve Hearts is, at best, third on the list of priorities when they are signed. And that, surely, is worthy of serious discussion and possible discontent.

kello hasnt done anythin yet. apart from go on a wander thinkin he was our left back for the st mirren goal ;)

Ryan Gosling
kello hasnt done anythin yet. apart from go on a wander thinkin he was our left back for the st mirren goal ;)

What?

What?

if he stayed in the middle of goals - he may have had a chance of saving it. Instead he went way over to the left IMO.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Seriously, are they?

The transfer of registration sum in the accounts has never been explained. The most logical explanation is we are paying a fee for bringing the Kaunas players. I just think is a misnoma that they are cheap. Its pretty much based on a couple of 'in the know' posters suggesting they get paid 10k a year or something ridiculous.

Though I do agree that with the main crux that its not about the betterment for Hearts that the players come across.

I should have been clearer. I meant cheap for Romanov, not necessarily for Hearts.

Ryan Gosling
if he stayed in the middle of goals - he may have had a chance of saving it. Instead he went way over to the left IMO.

You'd have to be trying to find something to criticise him for to blame him.

Maybe coz i am a Banks fan. Poor defending was to blame also, just didnt think he looked to clever for the goal.

I have no problem in Hearts trying out players from anywhere, but these said players should be tested in the reserves, and only if good enough, make the step up into the 1st team. If they start to falter, shove them back into the reserves to sort it out.... really isn't rocket science. The Lithuanians we currently have in the 1st team are simply not good enough, and should not be an automatic choice.... but they are

Captain Lithuania

And you're just looking to have a go at someone, but there you go.

Maybe coz i am a Banks fan. Poor defending was to blame also, just didnt think he looked to clever for the goal.

I disagree. Plus, he looked good last night. Made a few good saves, quick, alert & always looking to get the ball moving from the back (& not just by punting it up the park).

I liked Banks & would have been happy with him however, Kello has IMO looked very assured.

Archived