the kickback young player hate mob

The People's Chimp

Is the abuse justified?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is the abuse justified?

The People's Chimp

Are the above named justified in their abuse? or are we the worst fans for criticising our own?

As I've said on another thread, I'm often disgusted by the inability of our fans (on jkb at least) to get behind and support young players, or those who come through the ranks.

Is it any wonder it never worked out for elliot, the endless abuse he had to take? Now wallace is getting it, on the basis of an okay performance last night, where the person shouldering the blame should be Csaba "one up" Laszlo.

I can, sadly, envisage glen getting the same amount of crap written about him, should he come in and have a couple of average games, or fail to score a hat trick.

Some people really need to get a grip. Anyway, in case i'm wrong, i've posted a poll.

loveofthegame

Nope not even close. Wallace has started the season reasonably well imo, hasn't really put a foot wrong. Missed a pen last night but that could happen to absolutely anyone.

Mole has been a revelation, can't believe how far he's come on.

Berra and Zal have been solid.

Miko looked like he was getting back to his best last night.

So no complaints from me on the young player front.

Guest JamboRobbo

IMO, JKB is for discussion, and if a player is rubbish it's perfectly acceptable to say so.

Tynie for 90 minutes is for getting behind the players even when they're rubbish.

The People's Chimp
IMO, JKB is for discussion, and if a player is rubbish it's perfectly acceptable to say so.

Tynie for 90 minutes is for getting behind the players even when they're rubbish.

Of course it's a place for discussion, but you really have to wonder about the mentality of some of the posters on here...

Guest JamboRobbo
Of course it's a place for discussion, but you really have to wonder about the mentality of some of the posters on here...

Certainly won't argue with that, although I think I'm maybe interpreting it different from what you mean :P:)

If only it worked like that. I was listening to Craig Brewster on Talk 107 a few weeks ago and I have to admit to cringing when he mentioned the effect the Hearts fans were having on Elliot. The conversation become more general and they were all quite stunned by the Jambos and how harsh and unforgiving we had become - I felt ashamed just listening, and I'm not even guilty of it.

Things have been rubbish for us, but that's no excuse.

When is a 'young player' not a 'young player' anymore ?

Lee Wallace made his Hearts debut over 3 1/2 years ago and showed much promise. He has not fulfilled anything like that in first team football and now looks a shadow of the player, merely going through the motions week after week. I wanted him to get a run at left back at the start of this season as I thought he would grab the opportunity and show that he could make that place his own but sadly he has been at best mediocre in the 4 matches. Unless we are bringing someone else in which seems unlikley I think we need to stick with him in the hope he can get himself back playing again but if he doesn't left back has become as big a problem as right back.

Lee Wallace was shocking last night in my opinion. He made one good long ball in the first half and that was it. His distribution was awful, but because he plays the ball infield to nobody, or the opposition, he doesn't receive the "Neilson: Punts it in the stand, abuse"

:mw_confused:

The People's Chimp
If only it worked like that. I was listening to Craig Brewster on Talk 107 a few weeks ago and I have to admit to cringing when he mentioned the effect the Hearts fans were having on Elliot. The conversation become more general and they were all quite stunned by the Jambos and how harsh and unforgiving we had become - I felt ashamed just listening, and I'm not even guilty of it.

I was pleased for elliot when he scored those goals against the pars in the cup last season, and was glad he turned to celebrate in a "get it right up you" manner.

I think the thing that exacerbated everything with Elliot was his terrible attitude, lack of discipline and frankly the fact he is so thick.

I was pleased for elliot when he scored those goals against the pars in the cup last season, and was glad he turned to celebrate in a "get it right up you" manner.

If memory serves he managed two more for the rest of the season despite his 'dad' picking him each week. Good to see he proved the support wrong ;)

The way Calum was treated by so called hearts fans was disgusting. And he wasn't helped by the management. Playing a young boy up front on his own will never work. And subbing subs is hardly a confidence booster. It just encouraged critisiscm (spelling). I hope he goes elsewhere and gets a bit of confidence because he DOES have the ability to be a good player.

Guest JamboRobbo
If only it worked like that. I was listening to Craig Brewster on Talk 107 a few weeks ago and I have to admit to cringing when he mentioned the effect the Hearts fans were having on Elliot.

Yes - by booing at the game. Not by discussing on JKB.

Yes - by booing at the game. Not by discussing on JKB.

What's the difference, really? One leads, contributes to or at least impacts upon the other. It all just different component parts of the same big horrible mood that takes hold. For example, I was in queue at the sandwich shop a few weeks ago and overheard three guys discussing 'Clum'.... wonder where that came from?

Booing in the stands is worse in that it's there, in his face...but everything contributes in the end. Even innocent discussions on JKB.

Jeez. Highly paid footballer gets criticised for being gash shocker. It's hardly new. Grow some baws and some heart and start playing for your money or feck off.

Guest JamboRobbo
What's the difference, really? One leads, contributes to or at least impacts upon the other. It all just different component parts of the same big horrible mood that takes hold. For example, I was in queue at the sandwich shop a few weeks ago and overheard three guys discussing 'Clum'.... wonder where that came from?

Booing in the stands is worse in that it's there, in his face...but everything contributes in the end. Even innocent discussions on JKB.

Sorry, but we'll have to agree to disagree on that.

tommythejambo

It's hard to say if it is justified or not as a whole.

Players like Elliot who looked so promising and just didn't live up to it just shouldn't be here as opposed to being trotted out every week.

Don't think it's the players but the coaching staff/Vlad that deserve the abuse.

I do think that forums like this help cement opinions (often born of pure prejudice) and create a herd mentality.

Last season There was a bloke behind me who became incandescent with rage every time Goncalves touched the ball. I didn't matter what Jose did this plonker railed and swore at him. Kept calling him "Bambi on ice" - I wonder where that came from ?

But, having said that, I agree with JR. JKB is here to facilitate discussion and opinions on the team, the management, the tactics and - yes, the players.

The People's Chimp
I do think that forums like this help cement opinions (often born of pure prejudice) and create a herd mentality.

Last season There was a bloke behind me who became incandescent with rage every time Goncalves touched the ball. I didn't matter what Jose did this plonker railed and swore at him. Kept calling him "Bambi on ice" - I wonder where that came from ?

But, having said that, I agree with JR. JKB is here to facilitate discussion and opinions on the team, the management, the tactics and - yes, the players.

where do you sit?

It's clear that forums foster a herd mentality; you only need to look back in horror at the early stages of the so called vladsheep/hatkicker wars to see how a herd mentality developed...and the way many were criticised really harshly for speaking out and having a view on romanov which is generally now accepted as being the norm.

A player only needs to get 3 or 4 bad reviews on here for the lynch mob to appear.

I'm really thinking about the young players here, because confidence and support are both so important to their development.

Having said all that, that no 28 was utter p1sh!

I think supporters are usually not far from the truth when it comes to judging players on contribution, ability and attitude.

where do you sit?

It's clear that forums foster a herd mentality; you only need to look back in horror at the early stages of the so called vladsheep/hatkicker wars to see how a herd mentality developed...and the way many were criticised really harshly for speaking out and having a view on romanov which is generally now accepted as being the norm.

A player only needs to get 3 or 4 bad reviews on here for the lynch mob to appear.

I'm really thinking about the young players here, because confidence and support are both so important to their development.

Having said all that, that no 28 was utter p1sh!

:rofl: brilliant.

Wheatfield section D

Guest JamboRobbo
I think supporters are usually not far from the truth when it comes to judging players on contribution, ability and attitude.

I'd agree with that. Whilst it's maybe not "nice" that players playing poorly get stick, I've rarely seen a player play well and get stick.

think your spot on with that and IMO Elliot suffered in the same way the Kaunas players did. He was getting played despite being consistently poor and the fans can only take so much. Whoever was picking the team put him in a terrible position. Booing your own players is not nice but lets not pretend we are the only club to do it.

Harry Kinnear

The man with a pc incorporated into his living flesh as ever sums up the position well

Do you know where hell is

The thing that bothers me about the net, is the pc moaners. Many give instances where they have had a "plonker" at the game sitting behind them giving thier "opinion", yet it seems the moaning is saved up for the net. Iam not trying to be contraversal, but many seem to let loose on the net and seem more than happy to describe people in ways they would never dream of face to face.

If it bothers you that much say it at the game to those who bother you, if someone on the net bothers you so much, ask to meet them. I dont mean in a violent way, its just that, were all hearts fans, and we all go to tynie, so it would be easy to meet someone, who you feel has commited such as sin, that you feel you must start a thread on the matter.

I appreciate this forum is for debate, but we see very little of that imo, i dont know what percentage of fans use this forum, but i have yet to meet any who share the majority of views held on these pages. I dont think i am better than anyone, and people have as much right as me to say thier piece, without being jumped upon by the kickback moral crusaders.

Elliot was a disgrace and did himself no favours, he was booed as he was being shown, what those who pay his wages think of him. Right or wrong people exercised thier right in a democracy, many may disagree, but at the end of the day, coming onto the internet to bitch about it is not the answer. Are people supposed to hold a private Q and A session with elliot? give him blind loyalty and clap him no matter what? who decides when enough is enough?

Everyone is entiltiled to thier opinion, no matter what some may say, the self importance shown by some on here is laughable. I dont expect anyone to listen or agree, i just game my honest opinion.

Charlie-Brown
The man with a pc incorporated into his living flesh as ever sums up the position well

JR is a Borg :eek:

I remember Willie Gibson being slagged by a large portion of the Hearts support throughout his career with us. I used to stick up for him every week and even remember Mr Busby giving the Hearts support grief over it. So I suppose it's nothing new for Hearts supporters to get on players bakcs (even our top goal scorer at the time).

I do think there is an element of our support now who think we should always be third in the league and are quick to look for someone to blame when things go wrong. In the longer term the players who get picked out for criticism probably deserve it, but I do think we need to be more patient and forgiving.

I appreciate Obua was crap on Wednesday but he seems to have been written off already by many as not being up to the job.

I'd like to point out that I used to think Paul Hartley was just an over rated hot head but would happily admit that he turned things round.

Dagger Is Back

On the net in a discussion forum yes - we are paying these guys wages and turning up week in week out. Some of them are plainly not good enough although I would agree that some,have been deployed incorrectly.

During a game? No way.

Agreed.

As for the "above named", unless my hangover is getting in the way, I cannot see any player being named. My personal opinion is that we pay a lot of money to follow our team and we are well within our rights to have an opinion on players ability irrespective of age. Much like others say, I don't think it does young players confidence any good when they get a rollicking at games, but this is much like a virtual post match pub where we say "he was rubbish tonight" and discuss the game.

I would like to point out that Beniusis, Kurskis, Berthe, Neilson were once young players. Being young is not an excuse for failing to make the grade.

Are the above named justified in their abuse? or are we the worst fans for criticising our own?

As I've said on another thread, I'm often disgusted by the inability of our fans (on jkb at least) to get behind and support young players, or those who come through the ranks.

Is it any wonder it never worked out for elliot, the endless abuse he had to take? Now wallace is getting it, on the basis of an okay performance last night, where the person shouldering the blame should be Csaba "one up" Laszlo.

I can, sadly, envisage glen getting the same amount of crap written about him, should he come in and have a couple of average games, or fail to score a hat trick.

Some people really need to get a grip. Anyway, in case i'm wrong, i've posted a poll.

Agree mate. It`s the way people almost come to hate their own players that disturbs me. Ok, we all moan if someone isn`t playing well, but i`ll never get personal about them.

If there is a sheeite player who gives 100% you can`t question his effort, but you are allowed a critical view of his talent, which is fair enough.

But the blatant slagging and personal jibes is something i just don`t understand.

sandyseymour

absolutely but you've changed your tune.....recollect you stating on more than one occasion last or earlier season that players shouldn't be playing professional footie if they couldn't take criticism (euphemism for abuse methinks) from the stands????:rolleyes:

Archived