Time for Ruben

ibpc

I'm not against playing a possession passing game and being patient in the build-up. However the opposition are not going to stand aside in admiration and let us wander through to pass the ball into the net. At some pint there is the need to play a through ball that opens the defence and creates a scoring opportunity. On Saturday and last night, no one seemed willing or able to this. We have one player who may be slow-moving but can play the through ball - Ruben Palazuelos. Let's give him a run.

the voice from above

I'm pretty confused as to why he's not been playing. He's one of our best passers, grew up in a footballing culture very similar to the one Csaba is trying to implement and is a natural midfileder. Surely he should be starting!

Seconded. Ruben MUST start in place of Karipidis on Saturday.

I know it's not his natural position and everything but Karipidis really hasn't been impressing me much this season...or towards the tail end of last season either. It's easy for me to say that, things being how they are...but I'm genuinely beginning to wonder about him.

The People's Chimp
I have no time for Ruben.

I doubt he has made more than 3 forward passes in his time at Hearts.:cool:

he is a bit of a "chicken" to barry ferguson's "crab."

I rate Karipidis as a centre half ... Only reason I can think that he is playing midfieldl is to keep him in the shop window .. nothing to do with whats best for the team

I have no time for Ruben.

I doubt he has made more than 3 forward passes in his time at Hearts.:cool:

I think he is a decent player, but certainly not the messiah that some are leading us to believe!

We have one player who may be slow-moving but can play the through ball - Ruben Palazuelos. Let's give him a run.

Does sideways count as 'through'?

Archived