Edinburgh the most miserable place in the UK

Sydney from Sydney

I just read that, apparently the second happiest palce in the UK is West lothian which proves that the "survey" is a big pile of p!sh

What a rubbish survey. I cant believe people get paid for that. I dont live in Edinburgh. I live in Midlothian. I lived in West Lothian for 25 years.

So am I sad, slightly sad or deliriously happy.

None of the above, I dont give feck. :)

I just read that, apparently the second happiest palce in the UK is West lothian which proves that the "survey" is a big pile of p!sh

Everyone in West Lothian is high on drugs though.

Those doing the study probably logged onto Hibs.net on Tuesday evening and then came to this place last night and came to their conclusion(s). ;)

However, the researchers stress that the variations between different places in Britain are not statistically significant.

So it's a waste of time and money then.

What a load of pish. They bring out surveys all the time saying it is one of the best, friendliest cities blah blah blah, then this one.

No consistency.

Romanov Stole My Pension
I always thought it was Grim sby

The 3 largest towns in north lincolnshire are Grimsby, Immingham and S****horpe.

Grimsby/Cleethorpes really isn't that bad as everyone makes out though.

Those doing the study probably logged onto Hibs.net on Tuesday evening and then came to this place last night and came to their conclusion(s). ;)

Or maybe they just chanced on Jambos Kickback. A more greetin' faced bunch of perpetual moaners and whiners you could not hope to meet.

As Rabbie said:

'O wad some Power the gift tae gie us

To see oursels as ithers see us!

It wad frae mony a blunder free us,

An foolish notion'

Commander Harris
What a load of pish. They bring out surveys all the time saying it is one of the best, friendliest cities blah blah blah, then this one.

No consistency.

indeed. another reason survey said it was the best place to live in the UK.

the way the research has been conducted for this one they seem to think that if you are miserable with lots of other miserable people around you you're worse off than being miserable amongst lots of happy people. therefore the more miserable the place the less miserable you really are. :confused::confused::confused:

deesidejambo

According to another survey the average life expectancy in East Weeg is about 53 years. As usual, the Weeg social worker types are asking for "more Govt investment" to solve this. Feck that. Stop these minkies breeding and delivering more smak-heeded skanks into the world.

The street interviews on 5Live were brilliant today "I cant afford fruit due to the rising prices". I bet she can afford fags, Sky TV, bingo, and buckfast though.

Commander Harris
According to another survey the average life expectancy in East Weeg is about 53 years. As usual, the Weeg social worker types are asking for "more Govt investment" to solve this. Feck that. Stop these minkies breeding and delivering more smak-heeded skanks into the world.

The street interviews on 5Live were brilliant today "I cant afford fruit due to the rising prices". I bet she can afford fags, Sky TV, bingo, and buckfast though.

This study would appear to say that because everyone in the east end of Glasgow is miserable then they're not really miserable at all. :confused:

What kind of research do you suppose they carried out to find these results?

Swansea is apparently really miserable too, my family live there and it's a lovely place full of friendly folk! :\

deesidejambo
What kind of research do you suppose they carried out to find these results?

Swansea is apparently really miserable too, my family live there and it's a lovely place full of friendly folk! :\

Is that no because the Welsh are a bit dopey so they dont get miserable?

Is that no because the Welsh are a bit dopey so they dont get miserable?

Maybe, my lot always seem happy as larry and they like to drive campervans and so on.

I was thinking about this on the bus this morning. If you moved Edinburgh into the middle of the Medittarean, it would be one of the best cities on earth.

deesidejambo
I was thinking about this on the bus this morning. If you moved Edinburgh into the middle of the Medittarean, it would be one of the best cities on earth.

Wouldnt it be a bit damp?

It would probably be the most densely populated island in the world. They'd have to get Leith docks working again, tout suite.

What was the criteria for this report? How can West Lothian be the 3rd cheeriest place??!!! Every weekend there is windows getting smashed & no1 can play any loud music after midnight on the weekend without somebody complaining to the councill or police. Still if that's the idea of happy then can keep it & i'll stick with miserable Edinburgh ;)

Commander Harris

it already is one of the best cities on earth!

deesidejambo

Not one of the best. It is the best!. I've travelled the world and nowhere comes close.

I'm with Toggie on this one.

Buffalo Bill

Archived