Saturday.

Ray Winstone

Ray Winstone

The game is now even more crucial than before.

Tonight we were expected to win and with that go into saturday looking to pick up another 3 points.

However with the bad feeling (from some) which will inevitably continue into the game at the weekend the players are going to come under a lot of pressure to not only win but to perform well.

If we can win on saturday then tonight will be set aside as a blip (remember Burley lost to Livingston in the CIS 1st round) and we will have 9 points out of a possible 12 which will be considered a superb start to the season.

If we lose then this game will be included in the statistic 3 losses and 2 wins along with 6 points from a possible 12 which will result in it being seen as a bad start to the year.

I just hope that we have enough to break down Hamilton this weekend and the fans do not let tonights frustrations spill over on saturday.

Cut The Crap
The game is now even more crucial than before.

Tonight we were expected to win and with that go into saturday looking to pick up another 3 points.

However with the bad feeling (from some) which will inevitably continue into the game at the weekend the players are going to come under a lot of pressure to not only win but to perform well.

If we can win on saturday then tonight will be set aside as a blip (remember Burley lost to Livingston in the CIS 1st round) and we will have 9 points out of a possible 12 which will be considered a superb start to the season.

If we lose then this game will be included in the statistic 3 losses and 2 wins along with 6 points from a possible 12 which will result in it being seen as a bad start to the year.

I just hope that we have enough to break down Hamilton this weekend and the fans do not let tonights frustrations spill over on saturday.

It was the 3rd round. We beat Queens Park at Hampden in the 2nd round.

Saturday? Who knows. Outside the top two there is nothing between the other teams in this league. It comes down to who makes the fewer mistakes, or who does something inspired on the day. It could go either way. A draw would be a decent result, especially given our personnel and curiously atactical manager. I have a sneaking suspicion that Billy Reid might just be too wily for our man Csaba.

I think Saturday will actually suit us better. Both St Mirren and Airdrie came to Tynecastle and set up to defend in banks of 4 or 5 making it difficult (to their credit) to create as many chances as we would have wanted. Hamilton will attack us on Saturday in much the same way they did D.Utd on the opening weekend. This will allow much more space and we can definitely capitalise with the game being open. I fully expect 3pts on Saturday.

Ray Winstone
It was the 3rd round. We beat Queens Park at Hampden in the 2nd round.

My mistake - anyway he lost to lower standard opposition while tinkering with the team.

Point being that game was pushed aside because of the great start we made in the league.

Cut The Crap
My mistake - anyway he lost to lower league opposition while tinkering with the team.

Point being that game was pushed aside because of the great start we made in the league.

I don't mean to be pedantic but Livingston were in the SPL that year. :) But he did play a weakened side. Many thought it helped us beat Rangers 1-0 the following Saturday.

Ray Winstone
I don't mean to be pedantic but Livingston were in the SPL that year. :) But he did play a weakened side. Many thought it helped us beat Rangers 1-0 the following Saturday.

fixed.

I'm not overly confident about playing Hamilton on Sat. Hearts always have "bogey teams". Airdrie/Airdrieonians being one of them. We always seem to struggle against newly promoted teams too, Gretna being a case in point :(

Chad Sexington

Play like we did tonight and we will get horsed on Saturday.

Csaba has his work cut out over the next couple of days.

Ray Winstone
I'm not overly confident about playing Hamilton on Sat. Hearts always have "bogey teams". Airdrie/Airdrieonians being one of them. We always seem to struggle against newly promoted teams too, Gretna being a case in point :(

Livingston also.

The way we played tonight was not bad - there was just no cutting edge.

Lets remember Airdrie rarely troubled us this evening.

Ray Winstone
what would you rather have?

Win tonite or win on sat?

Saturday.

Diddy cup is below the league and Scottish cup on the priority list.

And I am not even talking about winning the league - just finishing 3rd!

spot on, yes would have been nice to get into rd 3 but 3pts on sat, kilmarnock draw at tannadice, OF draw on Sun and we're top for a fortnite

We could end up top of the league on Saturday.

Surely that should be enough to keep the fans at bay.

I think Saturday will actually suit us better. Both St Mirren and Airdrie came to Tynecastle and set up to defend in banks of 4 or 5 making it difficult (to their credit) to create as many chances as we would have wanted. Hamilton will attack us on Saturday in much the same way they did D.Utd on the opening weekend. This will allow much more space and we can definitely capitalise with the game being open. I fully expect 3pts on Saturday.

I concur, I was just about to post something similar, if we can play the same as we tried to last night (I know it sounds daunting for all those that are away to Hamilton but) the spaces will be there on Saturday, if we pick our moments, concentrate at set pieces, we should win the game.

Archived