Virgin Broadband

Craig_

Evening all! Just wondering if anyone else is having any problems with their Virgin connection tonight. Maybe it's just the masses of folk ranting on the Terrace about tonight's game, but right now my internet's running slower than the bleedin' Teletext!

Anyone got any ideas?*

*and yes I've checked for spyware before anyone starts!

Evening all! Just wondering if anyone else is having any problems with their Virgin connection tonight. Maybe it's just the masses of folk ranting on the Terrace about tonight's game, but right now my internet's running slower than the bleedin' Teletext!

Anyone got any ideas?*

*and yes I've checked for spyware before anyone starts!

seen a couple of emergency vans out on dalry road if u stay near here that could the problem.

I think they are putting a sneaky cap on the download you are doing. I recall reading some reports on this actually being uncovered. But I am afraid I don't know where those articles are. Do you download frequently? have more than 2 computers in the house connected to the internet? do you play any online games? :107years:

I think they are putting a sneaky cap on the download you are doing. I recall reading some reports on this actually being uncovered. But I am afraid I don't know where those articles are. Do you download frequently? have more than 2 computers in the house connected to the internet? do you play any online games? :107years:

Virgin have absolutely denied those claims : even though they were made by an (ex?) employee.

I'm 300 miles from Edinburgh but frequently have problems with my Virgin Broadband. Last night it was noticeable that things slowed up in the late evening - but I put that down to JKB getting swamped :rolleyes:

If you suspect you are having problems caused by Virgin then call their tech support number. The call is chargeable but IF there is a genuine problem you will not be charged. Virgin should also tell you how much the call has 'cost, in this scenario. You can check against your next bill to see if that has been charged - which the robbing barstewards did to me 4 times (although I got it settled eventually).

Mark_Mywords

http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/internet/traffic.html

Archived