Boring 1 Striker Up Front At Home Nonsense !

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Csaba's Broon Shoes

What is it with this loser negative boring tactical formation crap we

have been playing for 2 seasons now . This one lone striker at Tynecastle

is absolute mince to watch with the players we have .

It is hard enough for any striker never mind Mole a 20 year old who couldn't

cut the mustard at QOS last season .

We really are going to struggle if we continue with this system , it is easy to

see why the crowds are down .

Agreed. We need to be playing two up front, especially against the likes of Airdrie. I don't rate Mole either, especially in the lone striker role :(

Agree with everything that's been said. What really bothers me is that Csaba made a point of saying right from the off that he would be playing 4-4-2 - for the obvious reason that this points towards the continued influence of Vlad/Chervenkov. That and the fact that we don't have a striker capable of taking a penalty bothers me more than getting dumped out of the diddy cup competition. I think Csaba is capable of doing a job for us but doubt whether we'll really get to see his full capabilities and that is IMO a real shame

Agree with everything that's been said. What really bothers me is that Csaba made a point of saying right from the off that he would be playing 4-4-2 - for the obvious reason that this points towards the continued influence of Vlad/Chervenkov. That and the fact that we don't have a striker capable of taking a penalty bothers me more than getting dumped out of the diddy cup competition. I think Csaba is capable of doing a job for us but doubt whether we'll really get to see his full capabilities and that is IMO a real shame

I seem to recall Csaba saying he wanted the players to be capable of playing different systems, although he favoured 4-4-2. So far this season, we have been reduced to ten men and now played against ten on different occasions, while we have also been ahead and behind in matches. The adherence with 5-4-1-1 could be due to a lack of personnel, it could be evidence of external meddling, or it could be that some of the players are still, as Csaba alluded to in pre-season, tactically naive and, therefore, uncomfortable changing team shape and playing in different positions.

Because we do not have any more fit decent ones - that is the problem. Csaba had no choice.

inside right

Which of the 2 we had playing up front was our lone striker? Kingston was a lone man in the box most of the time as Mole seemed to drop back or go wide when we attacked.

ginger jambo98

What really gets me is that Airdrie have played in about 3 0-0 draws this season before last night - why would we possibly want 1 up front against a defensively minded team from a lower league ?. Beggar's belief really.

ToadKiller Dog

How many shots at goal off and on target did we have ,too many for not one single player in the team not to have put one away ,its not the tactics its the players being crap in front of goal .They need to step up the pace when they decide to go for goal also.

Guest JamboRobbo
How many shots at goal off and on target did we have ,too many for not one single player in the team not to have put one away ,its not the tactics its the players being crap in front of goal.

I hardly remember their keeper making a save till like the last 5 minutes? Made a few once they were down to 10 men in extra time, but we offered way to little threat up front during the 90 minutes IMO.

Mole doesn't look like a penalty box striker, but the tactics mean he's coming short for the ball and linking up, which means it's not possible for him to be in the box sniffing out chances too. So I think the tactics are at least partly to blame.

Is there a chance that Csaba does have 100% team selection choice but has been told to play this system?

Means he wont have been lying and explains why he hasnt played his preferred formation yet.

Do Kaunas play 4-5-1?

Honest to God it was like having 10 Barry Fergusons. Side side back side all bloody night :mad:

I have to confess I left after 90 because I knew the script.

Does anyone know if the other teams (reserves, Under 19s etc.) use the same 4-5-1-1 system, and if so, are they as shot shy?

Is there a chance that Csaba does have 100% team selection choice but has been told to play this system?

Means he wont have been lying and explains why he hasnt played his preferred formation yet.

Do Kaunas play 4-5-1?

I don't think there is a question of lying. My guess is that for the most part, Laszlo has been employed to front VR's decisions. As well as to bash the dugout.

I think the 4-4-1-1 does have it's uses.

At Home to Airdrie in the League cup certainly shouldnt be one of them.

You could see how deep airdrie were sitting and there was virtually no space for the 'in the hole player' to play and the airdrie defence just constantly forced Mole out wide all night. We played right in to their hands last night.

I'm all for passing the ball on the deck but it's got to have a purpose, another striker would've gave us another player to hit, balls in to feet, pulled their defence about a bit more.

One more thing (and I noticed on sat as well) is how long we take in the final third, yes be patient in the build up but there was to be more tempo to our play in and around the box (like v Motherwell) we gave Airdrie far too long at the back to sort things out last night and felt we done this v St Mirren as well.

Last night screamed out for 4-4-2, get a good up tempo start and try and go for the kill early, instead we were probably too patient and this allowed airdrie to settle.

The People's Chimp
I think the 4-4-1-1 does have it's uses.

At Home to Airdrie in the League cup certainly shouldnt be one of them.

You could see how deep airdrie were sitting and there was virtually no space for the 'in the hole player' to play and the airdrie defence just constantly forced Mole out wide all night. We played right in to their hands last night.

I'm all for passing the ball on the deck but it's got to have a purpose, another striker would've gave us another player to hit, balls in to feet, pulled their defence about a bit more.

One more thing (and I noticed on sat as well) is how long we take in the final third, yes be patient in the build up but there was to be more tempo to our play in and around the box (like v Motherwell) we gave Airdrie far too long at the back to sort things out last night and felt we done this v St Mirren as well.

Last night screamed out for 4-4-2, get a good up tempo start and try and go for the kill early, instead we were probably too patient and this allowed airdrie to settle.

You are spot on. One thing, however, is the stranglehold on midfield we get with this 4-1 formation behind the lone striker. Last night, if shabba was still keen to ensure a healthy amount of possession across the middle, why not go 3-5-2? Airdrie were certainly not enough of an attacking threat for that to have been problematic.

IN any event, 1 up front against a defence minded airdrie side is terrible.

Father Tiresias
IIRC Csaba stated he prefers to play 4-4-2.

I wonder when if he'll ever play that formation ?

Maybe he's not allowed!! :Bazooka:

Tactics - negatives

* One up front for the entire match, even against 10 men with said striker located everywhere along the pitch except in the penalty area

* Playing Stewart as the sitting midfielder and Karipidis as the breaking midfielder from half time onwards

* Failure to vary attacking approach, too many short passes - easy to defend against

* Leaving Obua on the pitch and particularly in a 'free role' which basically meant he could hide wherever he wanted on the pitch

* Moving Mikoliunas from right wing to right midfield in the second half

Positives

* Mikoliunas playing as an out and out winger in the first half, electrifying

* Wallace and Jonsson pushing forward to provide options

* Pass and move in the first half hour

peebles jambo

surely after last nights embarresment the tacticts will have to be changed

there was some nice passing movements at the start of the game, but as we all know, they came to nothing

1 man up fronts not working

playing defenders in mid-field is not working

time now for a total re-think of his tacticts

Archived