Some positives.

N User

Ok, so we couldn'y score in a brotheL with a tenner tied to our cocks but there were a few positives from tonight's game.

- Another safe performance from Kello. Very good instinct save and great distribution.

- Defence rarely troubled (though could be attributed to Airdrie's inability)

- Jonsson looked great at right back.

- Miko looked very dangerous at right wing- a constant threat.

- Shorter queues at the pie stand

:)

Ok, so we couldn'y score in a brother with a tenner tied to our cocks but there were a few positives from tonight's game.

- Another safe performance from Kello. Very good instinct save and great distribution.

:eek:

Buffalo Bill
Ok, so we couldn'y score in a brother with a tenner tied to our cocks but there were a few positives from tonight's game.

I wasn't blown away with Jonsson but agree with you re Kello and Miko.

I can't say I'm suicidal about going out of the league cup but what a long time to suffer!

Buffalo Bill

- Jonsson looked great at right back.- Miko looked very dangerous at right wing- a constant threat.

thought Jonsson was horrendous

Not according to Gary and Lawrence on Hearts World.

In your opinion, do you think he played well?

Maybe it was just me then.

I honestly thought Jonsson looked decent at right back, certainly a better option than Thomson.

Kello had nothing to do whatsoever.

Zal gifted them at least 2 goal scoring chances.

Jonsson is clearly a midfielder and didn't look comfortable at all.

The only constant from Miko is the lack of quality from his final ball.

So in short I completely disagree.

Kello had nothing to do whatsoever.

Zal gifted them at least 2 goal scoring chances.

Jonsson is clearly a midfielder and didn't look comfortable at all.

The only constant from Miko is the lack of quality from his final ball.

So in short I completely disagree.

What about the queues at the pie stand ?:)

Guest JamboRobbo

I honestly thought Jonsson looked decent at right back, certainly a better option than Thomson.

Jonsson was very good at RB for me. What a difference having someone who can control and pass a ball.

heartsfc_fan

I thought Jonsson was pretty poor at right back.

Obua isn't good enough (or maybe we haven't found his best position).

Only plus I can think tonight was, yes, Kello was safe once again.

That's about it really :rolleyes:

I tell you I'd rather have lost 0-1 in 90 mins...I hate extra time...it's such a drag!!!

They dug in for a draw. We couldn't score.

Next.

Some decent individual performances.

Peesh penalties though.

Did Miko get injured at his miss?

Hearts World seemed surprised he came off.

Said the same with Kingston.

Seemed to think we had withdrawn our two best bets of creating a chance.

No it wasn't mate. Jonsson is a much better bet than Thomson (or the other guy who I'm trying to forget). He may not be a polished right back but he is far safer, stronger and better on the ball and should be given a few games there IF we are not bringing in a first choice right back.

For what it's worth our two best players were Miko and then Chesney. the only two players who are capable of running past an opposition player.

The Real Maroonblood
They dug in for a draw. We couldn't score.

Next.

Some decent individual performances.

Peesh penalties though.

Stop being a drama queen and go to bed.

:):)

jamboinglasgow

I felt we were toothless upfront due to not having a penalty box striker but would caution all those yelling at hearts that remember we only have one fit forward at the momment and thats Mole. Nade is still not fit (but thought he had some great momments and when peak fitness is achieved think he will be an asset.) I would like to see Glen play when fully fit.

The two players who had good games I reckon were Miko and Kello. Was impressed with Kello and was more relaxed with him in goals. Felt he look assured and calm. Handled everything well.

All the money you'll save not going to the games before we get knocked out by the old firm anyway, in a cup you don't care about.

Guest JamboRobbo
Did Miko get injured at his miss?

Hearts World seemed surprised he came off.

Said the same with Kingston.

Seemed to think we had withdrawn our two best bets of creating a chance.

Didn't appear to be injured. And Obua was struggling (tired) so Miko in particular was a strange sub to make IMO.

Would like to here what Csaba has to say about it.

Jonsson was horrendous at RB. But that's far less worrying than the complete lack of tactical response / appropriate substitutions. 07/08 Deja vu.

Guest JamboRobbo
Jonsson was horrendous at RB.

What do you think he did wrong? Other than missing a header/tackle first half where he got booked, he did little wrong IMO.

Passed it very well. Couple of decent crosses. hardly gave the ball away all night long.

J

But that's far less worrying than the complete lack of tactical response / appropriate substitutions. 07/08 Deja vu.

Agree the lack of any sort of tactical change from Csaba was worrying IMO.

The truth is we are no better than last season, its the same old p1sh we are watching the new manager does not have a magic wand and until the dead wood is emptied there will be little improvement.

The truth is we are no better than last season, its the same old p1sh we are watching the new manager does not have a magic wand and until the dead wood is emptied there will be little improvement.

Csaba has taken the credit for our home wins. He shoulders the blame for tactical ineptitude and baffling substitutions that were scarily reminiscent of last season.

Jonsson was horrendous at RB.

Nonsense. First game in that position and much better than either of the twins. Can carry the ball forward, pass it and is strong in the tackle. Apart from the misjudgement when he was booked he defended well and provided simple passes to both Miko and Chesney (who were our best players imo).

Guest JamboRobbo
Nonsense. First game in that position and much better than either of the twins. Can carry the ball forward, pass it and is strong in the tackle. Apart from the misjudgement when he was booked he defended well and provided simple passes to both Miko and Chesney (who were our best players imo).

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can see it. :P

Also played an excellent ball to Miko first half which our other RB's couldn't even dream of.....

Jonsson was horrendous at RB. But that's far less worrying than the complete lack of tactical response / appropriate substitutions. 07/08 Deja vu.

Hardly horrendous, he is better than thomson but clearly a midfielder. He should be playing where Karapidis is.

Eggert was ok but is a better midfielder. Karipidis is a centre half playing in midfield and that always shows up eventually - ask Rio Ferdinand. :whistling:

jamboinglasgow

and last seasons kickback returns.

I think we have improved from last season but we are toothless upfront. We just need to get the strikers sortedand then we will shine more. Yes we need to get rid of the deadwood but we also have to give the new manager more time.

Hardly horrendous, he is better than thomson but clearly a midfielder. He should be playing where Karapidis is.

Would agree with that.

Better than Thomson and Neilson, but is better in midfield. Would like to see him and Karipidis swap places.

Would agree with that.

Better than Thomson and Neilson, but is better in midfield. Would like to see him and Karipidis swap places.

What you mean a midfielder in midfield and a defender in defence ? That will never work. :rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo
Would agree with that.

I'd agree with that, but if Karapidis is going to play with Stewart CM, and Eggert is gonna be on the bench, I think it'd be better to let Eggert ( a youngster with real potential IMO) get a run in the team, given he's probably already better than our other options in the RB position.

Archived