A new record.

The Merse

The fans got to boo at 5 different intervals tonight.

:rolleyes:

Yeh, you could tell how much it helped the team. Well done all the supporters who "paid their money and so they have a right to boo if the want to."

Such constructive criticism is like having another player on the park.

heartstillidie1971

no wonder they deserved it airdrie 3rd bottom of there league and how many shots we have???? oh and against 10 men please we were cr*p end of

no wonder they deserved it airdrie 3rd bottom of there league and how many shots we have???? oh and against 10 men please we were cr*p end of

And in what way is booing during a game helping the moral of the players?

Just wondering like?

I thought the boo boys had left? I thought they were the new breed of post Romanov fan with overly high expectations?

Was the crowd last night not of the die hard variety? The attendance would suggest this....

Guest JamboRobbo
I thought the boo boys had left? I thought they were the new breed of post Romanov fan with overly high expectations?

Was the crowd last night not of the die hard variety? The attendance would suggest this....

There were 6000 glory hunters sat around me. ;):P

To be fair, we had a number of shots...very few were on target though and those which were, ended up being fired straight into the keeper's arms.

We were crap though.

Probably somewhere in the region of 20 :sad:

Nelly Terraces

Or maybe it's due to the fact that those who do give the team stick ARE the hardcore and the most passionate about the club. They give the team (quite rightly) pelters when they're gash as they care more than those who just sit back and get boabied.

There were 6000 glory hunters sat around me. ;):P

Why are you so chirpy today? Its ******in ****ing me off.

The People's Chimp

back off to fatfinnsnaked.net and get a life.

:hobofish::107years:

Or maybe it's due to the fact that those who do give the team stick ARE the hardcore and the most passionate about the club. They give the team (quite rightly) pelters when they're gash asQUOTE]

Tell me, how does booing the players during the match help their moral. Has it ever occurred to you that it actually might make them play worse.

Can't the compulsive boo-boys just wait under the final whistle?

I didn't boo.

But that was probably because our grisly attempt at a passing game had induced a stupour which made it impossible to get worked up enough to boo.

tommythejambo
And in what way is booing during a game helping the moral of the players?

Just wondering like?

We are the 3rd highest paid team in Scotland playing a bunch of semi-pro's for ****** sake!

If a few fans (who pay their ridiculously over inflated wages) boo-ing them put's a dampner on their 'morale' meaning they can't win the game then they can getr the ****** out of my club!

For ?5k a week I would let anyone say whatever the wanted to me.

We are the 3rd highest paid team in Scotland playing a bunch of semi-pro's for ****** sake!

If a few fans (who pay their ridiculously over inflated wages) boo-ing them put's a dampner on their 'morale' meaning they can't win the game then they can getr the ****** out of my club!

Chill Winstan!

May I ask you to tell me in what way booing the players actually helps the teams performance. I'm genuinely interested.

You see in my opinion it has a detrimental effect, regardless of how much money they ern or indeed how much money the fans spend.

I also have a theory that one of the reasons that Airdrie won last night was because their supporters got right behind their players.

save the boos till the final whistle,it does no good at halt time ffs, probably some of the tossers who didn't renew back last night as it was cheap

precisely my view.... in the name of sweet jesus, all they have to do is run up and down a park for an hour and a half, and kick a ball now and then, preferably in the other goal, or to one of their teammates... just as good.

This necessity to massage their ego's does my t1ts in

They may not be superstars, but if they accomplish the basics, and I assume they train and practice these abilities, and at least show an ounce of interest.... we probably wouldn't be having this conversation

This necessity to massage their ego's does my t1ts in

Sports psychology. It's long been known that sportsmen who believe in their abilities perform better than those who don't.

In order for the team do develope an esprit de corps, the fans have to play a part too.

Hearts do NOT play better as a result of booing.

If "massaging their ego's does your t1ts in", can't you just go home early or something.

Archived