Csaba - it's obvious bud

PTBCAL

We need a penalty box striker who knows where the goals are.

Cheers

Ohh and Karapidis should swap with Eggert - simple really.

Did anyone else notice it was like Mole was specifically told to stand about 10 yards outside the box.

Even when we got the ball on the wings moving forward he wouldn't run towards the box. Was like an invisible line he couldn't cross over!

Cheers

I fear we need more than that mate. We could the ball all day long if we want but a 2 year old with a plastic sword carries more threat. I agree with your suggestions though.

Totally agree. God none of out strikers could even score against airdrie tonight!

On a side note, Obua was absolutely gash tonight :mad:

Buffalo Bill

I'd much rather have Nade in there until Tullberg is fit.

Buffalo Bill

Did anyone else notice it was like Mole was specifically told to stand about 10 yards outside the box.

Even when we got the ball on the wings moving forward he wouldn't run towards the box. Was like an invisible line he couldn't cross over!

Wonder if he was also told to make sure every pass bounced 10feet away of him?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Totally agree. A player like Andy Kirk scores for fun for Dunfermline (NB I'm not saying Kirk was the answer to our problem before anyone jumps on it). He's an example of a limited player but an out and out poacher. We desperately need one.

Exactly.

Forget a centre half and a full back. All we do with decent centre halves is play them in midfield. That really does my tits in, its been 3 years now and its torture.

Sign a striker. I said it in May and I'm still waiting.

Oh and I mean a fit striker. Not someone who plays 40 yards from goal, runs wide all the time and generally is nowhere to be seen when the ball comes in the box. Even an average striker would be fine please.

Cheers.

If Obua really was as bad as everyone is suggesting tonight ... why would VR give Laszlo the chance to spend any more money on players, particularly as Laszlo has absolutely no track record on bringing in players anywhere else?

Mole appears to have a better attitude and a deal more discipline than Elliot but he is no better a goalscorer (ie sheite) and has roughly the same technical ability (ie poor) so I suspect that in time we will see him drop to a similar level.

We simply have to bring someone in up front as nobody wants to go into the 6th yard box (or even the fecking penalty box) and score goals. It's pathetic really.

jamboinglasgow

As I said on another thread, we have to play 4-5-1 as we only have one fit striker (well two but it seems that Csaba doesn't want to play Makela) so until we have more fit strikers (as we wont be able to use Nade from the start for a week or two at least.) Hopefully with Tullberg, Glen and Nade fit we will have a 4-4-2 formation.

Also, I wont judge Obua (though he had a bad game) until he plays a few games. Though think we have a problem as I think both him and kingston play best in the behind the striker role. As when they are on the wing they cut inside to early.

Even during the successful 2005/06 season we desperately needed a striker back then. Our 2 top goal-scorers were midfielders.

It might sound more than a bit desperate but at this moment I'd welcome Jim Hamilton or Lee Miller with open arms. Neither are great but at least they both know where the goals are. We MUST sign a couple of out and out strikers Vlad because we have no-one at the club that fills the bill.

Csaba needs a dug or a white stick if he still can't see we desperately need a poacher/striker. Reading his interviews though suggests a CB and RB are his first priorities and we may even be waiting until January for them :(

If we don't sign at least one striker before the window closes, we are in big trouble.

At the moment we are putting a hell of a lot of pressure on Tullberg. Unfortunately Mole is another Elliot, Nade will never amount to much and Ksanavicius is a complete waste of space. I'd like to see Tullberg and Glen upfront together but we are crying out for even a couple of journeymen players who know where the goals are.

The defining moment for me came when Karapidis went up to flick on a throw in from near the corner flag.

He got his head on it perfectly and any poacher standing in front of the goalie would have had a tap in. Unfortunately the only person standing there was an Airdrie defender who thumped it clear.

I really hope that is noticed when they review the tapes tomorrow to see where they went wrong and they either force Mole/Nade to stand on the goal line or they bloody buy someone who does it naturally.

I think I'm in the minority to think that the current set of forwards is not playing to their full potential. They need little work (mostly mentally) and time.

Cheers

I'd keep Jonsson at RB and punt kari, he was terrible last night. Hopefully Ruben or Aguiar (once fit) will come back into the team.

Guest jambomickey

it's obvious we need to improve the squad! we need a right back, defensive midfielder and a penalty box striker at the very least' over to vlad to spend some of the 12 million from gordon, bednar and pospisil because he's sold all our good players and left us with some dross

inside right
it's obvious we need to improve the squad! we need a right back, defensive midfielder and a penalty box striker at the very least' over to vlad to spend some of the 12 million from gordon, bednar and pospisil because he's sold all our good players and left us with some dross

Don't need RB or defensive midfielder got plenty of both- in fact too many defensive midfielders(do we actually have anything else???). Do need an attacking midfielder and a penalty box striker.

I think I'm in the minority to think that the current set of forwards is not playing to their full potential. They need little work (mostly mentally) and time.

Yes you are

I'd give Gary Glen a run if we can't sign someone.

At least he has a strikers nose. Something Mole is sadly lacking.

If we continue with what we have the bottom 6 beckons.

The People's Chimp

Cheers

It is simple, you're right. We weren't awful last night, we just cannot score. if we'd have put half of the chances away that we've created lately, we would all be over the moon. going 2 up front might do a lot to rectify that...

Archived