A letter to the SFA

stu

Just had a little peek on mobilehouses.net and spotted this gem. It is a letter to the SFA demanding their money back for last night's game.... Enjoy!

Originally Posted by krobertson12 viewpost.gif

I wrote an email to the SFA and the Scottish league today. i asked for my money back for the tickets greengrin2.gif. It's not the best written email, but i thought i had a right to ask for my money back.

To Whomever this may concern,

Last night, as you will have gathered I attended the League Cup tie between Hibernian and Morton. While I will admit the game was far from a classic from a Hibs fan's point of view, the referee (a certain Mr Brines) was far from helpful in the result (unless you are a Morton fan).

Please find attatched to this email, an invoice for the cost of the tickets for the game. While i already admit it was not Hibs best game, We were level after 90 minutes, and were infact ahead in extra time before to extremely poor decisions by the referee changed the game and handed it to Morton. I must stress that i do not believe him ot be a cheat, untill someone shows me evidence of such going on's I simply will not buy cheating ref's in our game. That said, i do believe this ref to be of poor standard. As such, he has removed the joy from last nights game, removed the chance to watch my team in the next round, and removed the chance of us winning this event. all things that would not have happened if it were not for some shocking decisions. It is for these reasons i am asking for 1 of the bodies i am writing to to re-imburse me, because the product i paid for was ruined by the referee.

His poor standard of refereeing, simple knowledge of the rules (such as players leaving the pitch after treatment) handed Morton an unfair win. From my seat, the penalty handed out was very harsh, with the ball being struck from 5 yards away from the hibs player (who has a glass eye i will remind you) with the ball flying towards his face. I doubt that you would keep your hands down! therefore it was a harsh call, which handed Morton a goal to bring them back onto level terms. then we can move onto the freekick handed out when 2 players collided. A freekick to morton when there was no clear foul on the player? Then ordering the hibs player off to the side, but allowing the Morton player to stay on the pitch, despite BOTH recieving medical attention form the physiotherapists! Now i am not an expert on the rules of the game, and i do not know if having an illegal player on the pitch rules the game void, but that player was illegally on the pitch, and the referee either allowed it, or forgot about a rule he applied only seconds before to the hibs player? I say that must be a sign of incompetence.

There were other issues with the refereeing tonight aswell, but these were things such as unfair cards, inconsistant in his calling for fouls, these are things that can usually be dismissed as having tinted glasses on. But this display by Mr Brines was not seen threw tinted glasses. He has been ripped apart at the weekend for another poor performance, and so it can't be claimed to be just a bad match. It is his second bad match. His performance in the weekend game was so poor that a manager feels he may be unable to work in this country! Thats no mean feat!

In my job, if I muck up once, i get a verbal warning, if i muck up again, i get a written warning, another muck up results in me losing my job! I think Mr Brines should be atleast on the written warning by now, just like everyother job. I can accept it is not an easy job being a ref... its not the job I would like. But at the end of the day, his bad performances are actually costing the fans of this nation to lose interest in the sport, as refs are spoiling the game with poor decisions, and so don't want to waste their money to see their team lose ( an example would be last night for me).

I apologise also to the linesman who felt threatened by the hibs fan towards the end of the game, so much so that he had to ask a policeman to help remove some fans. That is not a nice experince i am sure. There is no excuse, but i would ask him to remember, that these fans have paid their hard earned cash, and had just been cheated (by a poor performance and nothing else) by the referee on the pitch.

I hope that one of the bodies involved with this game will see sense enough to make amends for last night by repaying me my ticket prices, if that is not possible, i would like the game to be replayed or even just the last 10 minutes replayed. I would also be very grateful if someone could pass this onto who ever is head of the refereeing in Scotland, the email link on the SFA site, seems to have disappeared.

heartsfc_fan

...I can't really comment as I wasn't there :rofl:

But Brines is a fud and half. Never get anything from him.

It just gets better and better with that mob. Really, though, just when you think it cant get any funnier, it does!

:rofl:

heartsfc_fan

Originally Posted by krobertson12 viewpost.gif

10 minutes replayed.

You've gotta be having a giraffe mate! :107years:

marshallschunkychicken
Classic.

The bit about Dean's glass eye had me off my seat :4_1_72:

That was the highlight for me too. :laugh:

Oh no - an open letter !!

Don't tell Filled Holes whatever you do - he has an unhealthy obsession with these !!

As for the glass eye bit - I think a little bit of wee leaked out there !!:107years:

Hibs thugs launching missiles yet again.

As if pennies weren't bad enough we now have tinted glasses being thrown at the pitch :(

Where I see him being really stupid is his teams manager says the ball was not handled, it struck him in the chest, now a Hibs supporter contradicts this by saying that the player who only has one eye raised his hands and used them to deflect the ball away from his face. An action that under the circumstances would have been totally justified and acceptable.

I had a penchant at work for getting pead off and writing very strongly worded memos and letters. He told me to practise the 24 hour rule, don,t submit the writings for that long then reread and consider if i really wanted to send them. This is a case where the rule may have been advantageous.

Archived