Stuck with a great big pile of redundant compact discs?

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

I've just been looking out my old CDs (remember them?).

As I'm now the proud owner of an Ipod Nano, I'm looking to add a few 90s/early 00s 'oldies' onto to my playlist.

I've just found:

Devine Comedy

The Sea Horses

The Best .... Athems Ever!

The Beatles Anthology 2

Suade 'Coming' Up and 'Head Music'

etc etc ...

among others (Steps 'Gold' must surely belong to the wife).

Once I've downloaded them, what should I do? Should I just chuck them away? Is the CD era over? Or do I store them in the attic near a box of LPs that have now survived three house moves without the need to be opened?

What should I do with all my old videos?!!

Buffalo Bill

Guest JamboRobbo

As I'm now the proud owner of an Ipod Nano, I'm looking to add a few 90s/early 00s 'oldies' onto to my playlist.

I've just found:

Devine Comedy

The Sea Horses

The Beatles Anthology 2

etc etc ...

Once I've downloaded them, what should I do? Should I just chuck them away? Is the CD era over? Or do I store them in the attic near a box of LPs that have now survived three house moves without the need to be opened?

Buffalo Bill

useful for putting tea cups on. :P

MP3 is a lossy form of compression, and as such you've thrown away a considerable amount of information when ripping them to the afore mentioned format. Having said that, it's only on a high quality stereo system that you'll hear much difference, but you will hear it (especially on symbol noises).

Thus keep your CD's.

While mp3 players are good for on the move listening, you cannot beat the sound quality of a CD player.

Keep them, show them off in your living room and play them at night and on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Canny beat it.

I've just found:

Devine Comedy

The Sea Horses

The Beatles Anthology 2

etc etc ...

Buffalo Bill

they look great on a kids ceiling

Put them in the attic of course. If you've only got a box of vinyl your collection must be modest indeed. I've got a cupboard of vinyl and CDs hidden all over the house. I also have the first LP that I bought with most of my very first week's pay. We didn't have wages and salaries in them days. And, in case you ask, it was "The Buddy Holly Story" and purchased two months after his death.

Throw out your vinyl................How could you!

Hang them up from sticks on your allotment in an unsuccessful way to keep pigeons and other birds off your cabbages.

The People's Chimp

you'll not get too much onto a nano!!

keep them man, keep them. it's the whole product, the packaging, the design, the inlay and, as already said, the sound quality.

Also, if your pc goes t**s up, you'll be screwed for getting your stuff off your ipod.

...What should I do with all my old videos?!!

If they've been taped from the TV, like classic games etc, or they're videos that are no longer available, like 'Back from the Brink' etc then nip down to Maplin and buy a something this and transfer them to DVD.

Once used, bin the videos.

You can't beat having something tangible that you can hold in your hands. As soon as I buy a CD it goes straight onto my iPod, but I still love having the actual CD, the artwork etc.

Buffalo Bill
you'll not get too much onto a nano!!

keep them man, keep them. it's the whole product, the packaging, the design, the inlay and, as already said, the sound quality.

Also, if your pc goes t**s up, you'll be screwed for getting your stuff off your ipod.

How many songs does a Nano hold?

Buffalo Bill

Ray Winstone

I still have my 'retro' 3rd generation Ipod with the 4 buttons along the top.

20gb - never let me down!

Might get 'mother dearest' to pick me up an Ipod touch when she is in NYC.

eddie fenwick
Love is the Law!

Tune!

Selling all your old CD's to me :)

strap on sally

chased us down the alley

we feared for our behinds:cool:

Why not make a funky chair ?

cd-panda-chair.jpg

I've just found:

Devine Comedy

The Sea Horses

The Beatles Anthology 2

etc etc ...

Buffalo Bill

Keep the CD's for nostalgia. And incase your PC/I-Pod gets wiped. Video however, is long dead. The only video I have now is my "Back From The Brink" one.

I've just found:

Devine Comedy

The Sea Horses

The Beatles Anthology 2

etc etc ...

Buffalo Bill

Keep them BB,

Give them to yer kids and grandkids, show them some proper music when they're listening to whatever p!sh is going on in the future.

I was talking about old videos before the game last night, I've got tons as well, always thought a HMV or someone like that could come up with some cost effective way to get your vids on DVD if you paid x amount of money, a part exchange type thing.

Marmeladent?rtchen

I've just found:

Devine Comedy

The Sea Horses

The Beatles Anthology 2

etc etc ...

Buffalo Bill

Got yourself a fancy Ipod nano,,,,

,,,,,, books sales must be going well!! ;-)

I have one and like listening to all the podcasts. BBC friday night comedy is always a hoot.

Guest S.U.S.S.
MP3 is a lossy form of compression, and as such you've thrown away a considerable amount of information when ripping them to the afore mentioned format. Having said that, it's only on a high quality stereo system that you'll hear much difference, but you will hear it (especially on symbol noises).

Thus keep your CD's.

Just rip the tune at a higher bit rate.

Also dont throw out the CDs as at some point your library may corrupt and ud have to get all the songs again.

Buffalo Bill
Got yourself a fancy Ipod nano,,,,

,,,,,, books sales must be going well!! ;-)

I have one and like listening to all the podcasts. BBC friday night comedy is always a hoot.

Har har!

I was a gift from a groom to the 'best man'.

What ever happened to cufflinks?

Anyway guys, thanks for the suggestions.

I had a nice time going through all my 90s/Noughties CDs. Some great finds, and some horror discoveries too.

I now have 500 'Killers' and not one 'Filler' on my shiny siver Nano and I love her.

*sings*

"Reach for the stars, climb every mountain higher".

Buffalo Bill

Archived