FM Live

Daz1874

I've Just pre-ordered Football Manager Live and was interested in how many other Hearts fans on here have.

I've entered the "Butcher" gameworld, should be fun for those of us who enjoy FM, quite a few Rangers fan's have signed up for it by the look's off the forums, lookin' forward to beating them :content:.

http://www.footballmanagerlive.com/

sounds pretty good, although I'd like to keep things realistic the people using cheesy team names (ie caveman fc) would annoy me a little.

first off you need to buy the game? how much is that?

then you have a monthly contract on top, must work out quite pricey does it not? when you could just play fm online free.

Its a great concept but don't think i'd have the time for it personally. I'll just get the regular fm 09.

Far as im aware you just pay a subscription 3months,6months and a year.

Dont think you need to buy the actual game, It will just be dloaded.

I signed up for the 3month sub at ?22. So it's not that expensive.

Far as im aware you just pay a subscription 3months,6months and a year.

Dont think you need to buy the actual game, It will just be dloaded.

I signed up for the 3month sub at ?22. So it's not that expensive.

how exactally does it work? because obviously not everyone will be able to get online at the same time.

My mate's in the beta testing just now so Im not entirely sure, but from what I understand.

There's different gameworld's and different league's,you only play matches when you're online unless you get your assistant to take some for you, you have a full calander month(In real life), to play all your games for the season.

Transfers are a bit different, if someone is a free agent at the start of the game, you make a sealed bid wages wise, and the auction lasts 24 hours, whoever bid the most gets the player.

Worth checking out, If only for a but of fun.

No idea when FM09 is out, nothing mentioned on their site, not even a hint of a demo.

Prolly due to them being busy with FM Live.

I'm in the Beta demo and have signed up for release in Shearer GW.

You sign up to a 'federation' when you join the GW. Each fed could be seen as a Nation in that they all have seperate leagues/cup competitions and at the end of the season teams qualify for different UFFA competitions such as Champions LEague, CWC. You can have youth squads and enter these in your federations youth leagues.

You can also join friendly leagues with teams from other federations which are just for fun although some will have joining fees which will then be split into prize money.

You have to learn skills which will determine what type of manager you are, scouting, training, financial etc. There really is too much in the game to try explaining here. If you want to know about specific parts I'll try and explain so just ask

I played the beta demo. Quickly got too the top of my game world. Quickly slipped down to 4th and came second in my league.

Despite having a good team and winning I never got into it. I played a lot but some people just play too much and have too much time. And then all my players got nicked in wage auctions. There wages went from 3000-5000 up to silly 70000k. I dont like how they got nicked and never had the time to put into nicking other folks players. It kinda sucked. And besides I saved up loads over a few weeks and bought Frank Ribery who only wanted 60000k wages and my nobodies... Falcao and Montenegro got scalped for 70000k wages. Bemused to say the least.

Maybe things might have panned out well but I just lost interest pretty quick. I like my team to be my team but you dont get first dibs on signing there contracts. Just never liked that but thats the way it is. Totally different to FM2008.

You can auto extend contracts for 5 players over 24 and anyone under. I've never had a player stolen from me that I didn't want to lose. Just have to keep an eye on when they expire and maybe sell them beforehand to get a decent fee as in real life

Thanks for replying guys, good to hear some Jambo's got in the beta too.

Archived