Berra in Scotland Sqaud

Jam Tarts 1874

Chad Sexington
Not really man, Burley said if Maloney had been playing for Villa he would've been in the previous squad. Now he's back playing and close to match fitness, it would be silly to leave him out IMO.

Correct. He was a regular in squads before he wasn't getting a game, now he's back playing it's natural he's back in.

There's no conspiracy.

I'm happy to see him back. Great wee player on his day and he offers Scotland a bit of a cutting edge.

Oh, and well done Berra.

SoldierPalmer
Not really man, Burley said if Maloney had been playing for Villa he would've been in the previous squad. Now he's back playing and close to match fitness, it would be silly to leave him out IMO.

he was pretty poor in his last Scotland appearance - but yes I have to agree he was 'quite reasonable' at the weekend - but it was only a 62 minute performance and he was pumped up to prove himself - it seems to me it easier to 'prove' yourself at some clubs than others :)

SoldierPalmer
I think the point is he is already 'proven' by way of his performances in the past - for Celtic, Aston Villa and Scotland.

All GB required was a reasonable guarantee of match fitness. He has two feet and a crossing ability that can turn matches. A must-pick for Scotland squads I'd say.

don't really think he proved himself at Aston Villa - but yes I have to agree he is a decent player when on his game and not injured - hope he does the bizz if selected - and ditto for rest of team - mon the Scots :)

We_are_the_Hearts

We will struggle without Hutton and Ferguson IMO. Hutton was a big player for us last season.

Fozzyonthefence
I think the point is he is already 'proven' by way of his performances in the past - for Celtic, Aston Villa and Scotland.

All GB required was a reasonable guarantee of match fitness. He has two feet and a crossing ability that can turn matches. A must-pick for Scotland squads I'd say.

He hasn't proved himself for Villa (he couldn't get a game for them) or Scotland, in fact he has had some stinking games for Scotland.

At lease the foreign refs might not know he's a diving wee nyaff!

We will struggle without Hutton and Ferguson IMO. Hutton was a big player for us last season.

I agree that we will miss Hutton especially as his replacement seems to be Alexander. However I think that Scotland look a much better team without Ferguson as it allows Fletcher to dictate the game and gives him more freedom. I think Hartley and Fletcher in the middle, Robson on the left and Brown on the right is a pretty well balanced midfield.

So who has Bazza Ferguson's place then? And will be dropped as soon as he is fit again? Strikes me that it is a case of, if you are Scottish and OF then you are a guaranteed pick.

I think Stewart has done more than Maloney this season - Maloney was gash on his last few outings for Scotland so one good game against Falkirk is not enough to warrant an instant recall IMO...

why the hell is O'Conner anywhere near this team? May as well play ratboy !!

and where's the young lad that played left mid/wing (his name escapes me)against NI, he was excellent in his debut!!

Hearts Heritage

His record doesn't warrant inclusion.

MS has had 2 very good home games for us this season. He was anonymous vs Rangers at Ibrox along with the rest of the team too. Many on here wanted him never to play for the club ever again given some of his performances in the second half of last season. If he turns it on for the next six months then complain.

Rudolf's Mate

Was thinking the same thing myself about Ferguson and would anyone be dropped (I doubt it) to make way for his return! If MS keeps playing the way he did on Saturday then I doubt he'll be able to be ignored for much longer.

Dr Ian Malcolm

O'Connor's been playing well this season for Brum, scored in his last couple of games. Don't see why he shouldn't be in the side. Rather him than Kenny "I'll silence the boo boys by running around" Miller. He kept Boyd out the Scotland team (who's record isn't far off a goal every other game for Scotland) and now he's doing it domestically. Mental.

Chad Sexington
He's scoring for fun down at St Andrew's just now. Even McFadden isn't getting a game ahead of him.

The left mid is Kris Commons. He's in the squad.

Five goals in pre-season and a couple already in the Championship I believe.

That's good form and he merits his call up.

I'm glad to see Commons is back too. He's an exciting prospect.

Guest Dipped Flake

Good news that Berra has kept his place in the squad, although don't expect him to get a game. If Stewart keeps going like has started the season, I expect him to be in future squads. No real problem with Maloney getting a game and good to see the new guy on the left being kept in, I thought he had a great game against NI. Just hope I can persuade the Macedonian police to let me into the South Stand over there so I can get in to see the game

Was thinking the same thing myself about Ferguson and would anyone be dropped (I doubt it) to make way for his return! If MS keeps playing the way he did on Saturday then I doubt he'll be able to be ignored for much longer.

I think people are very unfair on Ferguson (as a Scotland player only ofcourse). Having been at every match of the last - billiant - campaign, i'd say he was our best player. He ALWAYS looks for the ball and keeps us ticking in a way that even Fletcher doesn't.

We_are_the_Hearts
I think people are very unfair on Ferguson (as a Scotland player only ofcourse). Having been at every match of the last - billiant - campaign, i'd say he was our best player. He ALWAYS looks for the ball and keeps us ticking in a way that even Fletcher doesn't.

Some folk are and always will be blinkered I'm afraid. He can control the game better than Fletcher can but Fletch plays for Man U.

Don't mind Fergie, one of the better Huns (if there is such a thing!). It's jumped up no ones like McGregor, Broadfoot, Novo and Boyd that get on my nerves.

Robbos Right Peg
He's scoring for fun down at St Andrew's just now. Even McFadden isn't getting a game ahead of him.

The left mid is Kris Commons. He's in the squad.

How much do I hate that phrase its fekin mid-field Is it too much to write field as well? It used to be that 'back in the day' Another pet hate phrase.

I'm going to a game at Silverknowes tonight where there will be a goal-keeper not a keeper full-backs not just backs and a centre forward (4 goals on his last outing seemingly) so not just a centre and hopefully some mid-field players nae fekin MIDS :P

Archived