To all Liberals

deesidejambo

deesidejambo

Your new Leader is a tool. In his victory speech he quotes Chris Hoy about the nationalism issue. I'm fed up of politicians jumping onto the olympics bandwagon. gtf ya bunch of Liberal gits.

deesidejambo
I quite like Tavish Scott. Think he will be a good leader for the Lib Dems.

As long as he asks Chris Hoy what his policies should be.

That was cringe city. When I am the leader of a major political party I shall not embarrass myself in such a way.

Never said it was a bad thing.

Who knows, it could make you even more popular, then you would get a 100% approval rating, than you're set.

Hahaha :)

However, back to Chris Hoy as we're derailing. He should challenge the new guy to a bike race. If Chris loses he becomes party mascot.

what Scott was saying was, He agreed with Hoy on the fact that a scottish olympic team was a stupid idea. We can be proud to be scottish and british at the same time.

That idiotic ***** Salmond has tried to make Hoy's achievements into another advert for the SNP. Hoy has stood up and told Salmond where to go. Not many people do that, and the ones that do certainly don't get much coverage in the press. Pity for Salmond is not as big a story as Hoy at the moment. He has put his big gub in it. If anyone is a tool for jumping on the olympic bandwagon, it is Mr Shortbread tin.

deesidejambo
what Scott was saying was, He agreed with Hoy on the fact that a scottish olympic team was a stupid idea. We can be proud to be scottish and british at the same time.

That idiotic ***** Salmond has tried to make Hoy's achievements into another advert for the SNP. Hoy has stood up and told Salmond where to go. Not many people do that, and the ones that do certainly don't get much coverage in the press. Pity for Salmond is not as big a story as Hoy at the moment. He has put his big gub in it. If anyone is a tool for jumping on the olympic bandwagon, it is Mr Shortbread tin.

Firstly - Hoy never said a Scottish Olympic Team was a "stupid idea". Hoy has been distancing himself from these issues by trying to say he is OK to be a member of both.

The point is that Tavish Scott said "I'm with Chris Hoy on this issue" as if Chris and Tavish have had some sort of agreement on it.

So is Chris Hoy now a spokesman for the Lib Dems? No he isnt. He simply said something when asked at an interview that Tavish Scott has jumped on and turned into into a political policy statement, tying Chris Hoys name onto it.

I would get a laugh if Hoy says vote SNP ot Labour - will Tavish agree with that one also?

SoldierPalmer

IMO Tavish Scott has been runnning the Libdems in Scotland for the last couple of years - with Stephen a puppet - interesting how he's know talking about supporting a referendum - yet it was the 'alleged' stumbling block that stopped them going into a coalition.

How can the OP hate the Liberals..

Basically they take the best bits of the Torys and the best bits of the SNP and the best bits of the Labour policies and put them forward as their own.

They remove the bile nationalistic crap that some of these partys sprout (be it.. anti European or anti English -thinly disguised as pro UK or Pro Scottish), try to introduce a fairer voting system of PR and make the country a greener place.

I think they are great. No chance of ever getting into power though! As people are stuck in their ways of voting for who their parents did.. Be it Tory or Labour.

IMO Tavish Scott has been runnning the Libdems in Scotland for the last couple of years - with Stephen a puppet - interesting how he's know talking about supporting a referendum - yet it was the 'alleged' stumbling block that stopped them going into a coalition.

Spot on! They have replaced Steven with the brains behind Steven. its worrying times for the Lib Dems.... and I used to be one.

The problem they have is they are exactly the same as the SNP.... their Manifestos at the last election were almost the same apart from the Scottish Independance part. But because the SNP say they will hold a referendum and that if its a no vote the situation is dead for "political" generation the Lib Dems have been left in a kind of Limbo.....

How can they criticise the SNP when they agree on so much and the one major thing they don?t agree on the SNP are prepared to let the people have a say on the issue.

A lot of the youth wing the Lib Dems have left in the last 18 months over this very issue? there were very strong calls from within the party to go into coalition or at least talk to the SNP but Scott was the one who rallied around the support to block it??..

As I said a lot the, lets call them pro referendum Lib Dems, left the party, hence the poor showing for Rumbles in the election.

You can campaign for a referendum and then campaign for a No vote? It is possible.

Sorry this turned into a incoherent mess but its an issue close to my heart?.. God how sad is that! :confused: Anyway a lot of the Edinburgh based Lib Dems are Hibs fans?. FACT

http://scotsport.podbean.com

deesidejambo
How can the OP hate the Liberals..

Basically they take the best bits of the Torys and the best bits of the SNP and the best bits of the Labour policies and put them forward as their own.

They remove the bile nationalistic crap that some of these partys sprout (be it.. anti European or anti English -thinly disguised as pro UK or Pro Scottish), try to introduce a fairer voting system of PR and make the country a greener place.

I think they are great. No chance of ever getting into power though! As people are stuck in their ways of voting for who their parents did.. Be it Tory or Labour.

I hate anyone who jumps onto the olympic bandwagon. He said "I'm with Chris Hoy on this one" as if Hoy is some fellow Liberal policy-maker. I hope Hoy runs him over on his bike.

Firstly - Hoy never said a Scottish Olympic Team was a "stupid idea". Hoy has been distancing himself from these issues by trying to say he is OK to be a member of both.

The point is that Tavish Scott said "I'm with Chris Hoy on this issue" as if Chris and Tavish have had some sort of agreement on it.

So is Chris Hoy now a spokesman for the Lib Dems? No he isnt. He simply said something when asked at an interview that Tavish Scott has jumped on and turned into into a political policy statement, tying Chris Hoys name onto it.

I would get a laugh if Hoy says vote SNP ot Labour - will Tavish agree with that one also?

Or Conservatives, a bigger party than the SNP or the Lib Dems.

what is all this politics bs?

i'm 15 and need to know some of it lol.

just now i would vote for the most GREAT BRITAIN party.

They don't offer anything different from the other Big State parties which dominate Scottish and UK politics.

How much extra will be taxed, spent, wasted and how many things will be banned/regulated is the task of all of that lot.

Much more interesting would be if they would go back to Liberal or even adopt Libertarian policies.

Archived