Scientologists on South Bridge

Bigsmak

First time I have seen these 'in-duh-viduals' in Edinburgh. Trying to get me to come in for a free personality test.

First of all, my personality will be very angry if I have to speak to them.

Second, the girls with the flyers were quite hot... - So.. Do I speak to the hot lass, who I know will be bonkers, Tom Cruise style..

Anyone ever gone in or spoke to them? Anyone bonkers enough to try it?

(I didn't speak to them btw)

I went in a couple of years ago for a laugh.

I wouldn't recommend it.

Did you get a laugh?

Did they measure your Theatons and see if you were from outer space?

They were there 20 years ago, I remember being bored after missing the bus home and going in with my mate. They gave us this long questionaire to fill in and we got bored filling that in so did a runner. Was bit eerie.

Did you get a laugh?

Did they measure your Theatons and see if you were from outer space?

No, it was a lot more uncomfortable.

They got me to fill out a questionnaire about choices I would make in life. Then they got someone to go through my 'results' with me, probing into my past.

It's a very intimidating experience.

Nucky Thompson

Are they still there:eek: I got pulled in when I was 16 years old and that was 25 years ago. I filled in the personality test and they said I had scored very high marks:rolleyes: They kept sending letters to my house offering to take me on a training course to America. It started freaking me out in the end:cool:

deesidejambo
Are they still there:eek: I got pulled in when I was 16 years old and that was 25 years ago. I filled in the personality test and they said I had scored very high marks:rolleyes: They kept sending letters to my house offering to take me on a training course to America. It started freaking me out in the end:cool:

Same here. I got done in about 1977 on South Bridge.

My brother went in during the 70's and they pestered him with letters for months. They even phoned the house on Christmas Day to talk to him.

Serj Tankian

they should be turfed out and pumped over to the weeg alongside the rest of nutters.they are disturbingly dangerous they have the morals of paedos.

deesidejambo
they should be turfed out and pumped over to the weeg alongside the rest of nutters.they are disturbingly dangerous they have the morals of paedos.

You are too nice. They should be given a kicking, set on fire, then given another kicking. Fecking tubes.

I am really suprised they are still there. Have they lasted there all those years or have they just returned recently?

No, it was a lot more uncomfortable.

They got me to fill out a questionnaire about choices I would make in life. Then they got someone to go through my 'results' with me, probing into my past.

It's a very intimidating experience.

Just be thankful it was only your past they were probing! :rolleyes:

I am really suprised they are still there. Have they lasted there all those years or have they just returned recently?

Im sure its always been there. My pals mum got letters all the time from Ron Hubbard, years after his wife shot him dead :eek:

been reading this site

http://www.xenu.net/

quite interesting

Thanks for the link. Just read "Looking over my shoulder, The Inside Account of the Story That Almost Killed Me" by Paulette Cooper on there.

Scary, scary people...

dodethejambo

Yeah they are still there, ever now and then their are protests against them saying that they are murderers and such and should be shut down.

Fecking hate that lot, wired to the moon. Now I'm open to all sorts of religions and philosophies but this lot I just do not have time for. Absolute space cadets, we used to get magazines sent to my flat (previous tennant) had a flick through some of them and the stuff they believe is absolute nuts. No genuinely sane person could believe that pish.

Miller Jambo 60
Fecking hate that lot, wired to the moon. Now I'm open to all sorts of religions and philosophies but this lot I just do not have time for. Absolute space cadets, we used to get magazines sent to my flat (previous tennant) had a flick through some of them and the stuff they believe is absolute nuts. No genuinely sane person could believe that pish.

Lets pay the hobo casuals to tan their windows in:eek:

JOKE

dodethejambo

Just noticed the advert at the bottom of the page...

"Scientology video channel"

if these are related to what is posted why do I keep getting

"Find love with a BBW"

:confused:

First time I have seen these 'in-duh-viduals' in Edinburgh. Trying to get me to come in for a free personality test.

First of all, my personality will be very angry if I have to speak to them.

Second, the girls with the flyers were quite hot... - So.. Do I speak to the hot lass, who I know will be bonkers, Tom Cruise style..

Anyone ever gone in or spoke to them? Anyone bonkers enough to try it?

(I didn't speak to them btw)

They've been operating there for a long long time. About 20 years ago my friend and I, who were new to Edinburgh at the time went in and did their 'personality test'. They took us into separate rooms, and after the test tried very hard to persuade us to hand over hundreds of pounds each claiming the tests had shown we were depressed and needed their 'help'. When we said no thanks, they turned nasty (even though I was a student nurse and my friend was a uni student and consequently were both skint) and continued to shout abuse at us as we went down the stairs to leave. After we got out of there, we discovered that they had nicked my friend's wallet. It was a really awful experience, and although it was a long time ago, my advice would be to stay well clear!

I had seen xenu.net before and I think I saw a video of Paulette Cooper telling the same story. They are very scary people and I'm glad the opposition to them is growing.

Personally I would have told them to GTF.

Archived